View Poll Results: Is opposition to Obama mostly due to his race?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 15.22%
  • No

    117 84.78%
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 369

Thread: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

  1. #331
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I think in order to achieve my 3rd requirement, a public option is
    absolutely essential.
    Then we disagree on that point.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Then we disagree on that point.
    That would seem to be the major sticking point between the 2 sides.
    IMO, any HC reform without a public option would not provide enough cost savings to the consumer as we would still be paying the high profits of the HC providers. Profit must be removed from the equation & that is the fundamental thing that's ruining the current system & will make any reforms that still require consumers paying profits meaningless.

  3. #333
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I think in order to achieve my 3rd requirement, a public option is
    absolutely essential.
    you are free to think that, but you would be wrong

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    you are free to think that, but you would be wrong
    Always a possibility......But then again....I may be right.

  5. #335
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That would seem to be the major sticking point between the 2 sides.
    IMO, any HC reform without a public option would not provide enough cost savings to the consumer as we would still be paying the high profits of the HC providers. Profit must be removed from the equation & that is the fundamental thing that's ruining the current system & will make any reforms that still require consumers paying profits meaningless.
    than you do not want Obamas plan
    his does not wipe out the Health insurance companies.........immediately

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #336
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That would seem to be the major sticking point between the 2 sides.
    IMO, any HC reform without a public option would not provide enough cost savings to the consumer as we would still be paying the high profits of the HC providers. Profit must be removed from the equation & that is the fundamental thing that's ruining the current system & will make any reforms that still require consumers paying profits meaningless.
    And IMO, completely removing profit from the equation would lead to reductions in quality, availability, and rapidity of medical care.

    In my mind, those aspects of medical care separately and even more so in concert, trump cost as a deciding factor.

    I note a difference between the terms we are using: You use “health care” and I use “medical care.”

    Perhaps we are talking about two different things?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    than you do not want Obamas plan
    his does not wipe out the Health insurance companies.........immediately
    I don't need them wiped out. I just want the option of not paying them a profit. If they can compete with a government plan nby providing reasonably priced coverage...then there is no need to wipe them out. They would simply be another choice we all have to buy a product. (ie...competition)

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    And IMO, completely removing profit from the equation would lead to reductions in quality, availability, and rapidity of medical care.
    I simply disagree with your opinion. The government HC programs the Congress, the military & all government employees have is excellent in quality. (I'm unaware of a single Congressman or Senator that has opted out of the government option,..EVER...from either party!....What does that tell you?)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I note a difference between the terms we are using: You use “health care” and I use “medical care.”

    Perhaps we are talking about two different things?

    I think we are talking about the same thing. Whatever you call it, I'd like to see all citizens be able to afford the same type of medical coverage that Sen. John McCain has enjoyed all his life.......A government option.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-23-09 at 10:12 PM.

  9. #339
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I simply disagree with your opinion. The government HC programs the Congress, the military & all government employees have is excellent in quality. (I'm unaware of a single Congressman or Senator that has opted out of the government option,..EVER...from either party!....What does that tell you?)




    I think we are talking about the same thing. Whatever you call it, I'd like to see all citizens be able to afford the same type of medical coverage that Sen. John McCain has enjoyed all his life.......A government option.
    than why aren't congress and the president going to be in this 'great public option'
    a member of congress tried to add that requirement to the bill.
    it got no traction
    I

    I will accept UHC the day it is used by those who imposed it

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #340
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Last Seen
    09-10-09 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    166

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Um yeah i believe it is. Unless someone can explain the 400% spike in death threats..
    You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
    -Malcolm X-

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •