View Poll Results: Is opposition to Obama mostly due to his race?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 15.22%
  • No

    117 84.78%
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 369

Thread: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

  1. #311
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    What specific HC reforms do you favor & why do you oppose the concept of UHC?
    tort reform
    being able to write across state lines
    more funding to investigate and prosecute fraud in existing govt programs

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What do you think that people should just not talk about it? Or let the current proposed bill pass as is with no question? Stating that there is no final bill proposed yet is basically saying just that. If the current proposed bill was not questioned and railed against politicians will think that the bill is ok as is and have no problem passing it.

    It doesn't matter what did/didn't happen in the past. This is what is happening NOW.
    Talking about it is fine. LYING about it is not!
    When the public understands the real bill (no death panels, no paying for abortions & no paying for illegal aliens) they support it overwhelmingly.
    Come September, when Obama can dispel the GOP lies, HC reform will be passed & this country will be much improved....Despite the GOP!

    Edit:

    BTW....We currently have merciless "Death Panels".........they are populated now with insurance company accountants!
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-23-09 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    tort reform
    being able to write across state lines
    more funding to investigate and prosecute fraud in existing govt programs
    I agree with all of those ideas, & so do most Democrats. Problem is, they will do nothing to make HC affordable to every citizen. (those are really just GOP dodges & talking points meant to distract from the real problems)

    Do you support not allowing sick people to be covered due to preexisting health problems? (like is now the case)

    Do you agree with allowing insurance company accountants to practice medicine without a license? (like is now the case)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-23-09 at 07:41 PM.

  4. #314
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Talking about it is fine. LYING about it is not!
    When the public understands the real bill (no death panels, no paying for abortions & no paying for illegal aliens) they support it overwhelmingly.
    Come September, when Obama can dispel the GOP lies, HC reform will be passed & this country will be much improved....Despite the GOP!

    Edit:

    BTW....We currently have merciless "Death Panels".........they are populated now with insurance company accountants!
    The words "death panel" is an exageration. However there will be limits set. Or "rationing". Weather it is in the bill or not, there will be. For the simple fact that no government in the entire world can sustain unlimited resource use. It will be in the governments best interest to give the best care to those that will have a chance at contributing more.

    Also why do you say the part in bold? Couldn't he have done that already? Why wait till September? I've been wondering why the Democrats haven't put together the "list of lies" that is being bandied about and gone on national television to refute every single one.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #315
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I agree with all of those ideas, & so do most Democrats. Problem is, they will do nothing to make HC affordable to every citizen. (those are really just GOP dodges & talking points meant to distract from the real problems)

    Do you support not allowing sick people to be covered due to preexisting health problems? (like is now the case)

    Do you agree with allowing insurance company accountants to practice medicine without a license? (like is now the case)
    your post would have been +1000 if you left out hte first set of parenthesis (douchey ****ing move)
    my fathers policy was quite excellent and he doesnt pay a dime for it. came with da job

    I am currently one screwed by pre-existing conditions

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #316
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    What specific HC reforms do you favor & why do you oppose the concept of UHC?
    Well, I stated it simplistically because I didn't feel like going into it at this time.

    Also, because I am not sure myself of all the reasons I have for these positions.

    Some HC reforms I would like to see:

    Reforms directed at reducing or eliminating frivolous and unneeded lawsuits which tie up the time of medical personnel and are a draw on their funds.

    Reformation of insurance laws throughout the country, so no matter where someone lives, they have access to competitive, quality medical insurance.

    Reasons I personally think UHC is a bad idea:

    Stories I read and hear about poor quality and/or delayed care in countries which have UHC.

    The conflict of interest involved in a government being responsible both for determining what medical funds are allocated where, and drawing monies out of their voters to pay for such.

    More thoughts later.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The words "death panel" is an exageration. However there will be limits set. Or "rationing". Weather it is in the bill or not, there will be. For the simple fact that no government in the entire world can sustain unlimited resource use. It will be in the governments best interest to give the best care to those that will have a chance at contributing more.
    I diagree with your opinion. I think it can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Also why do you say the part in bold? Couldn't he have done that already? Why wait till September? I've been wondering why the Democrats haven't put together the "list of lies" that is being bandied about and gone on national television to refute every single one.
    I agree that the presenting of the HC Reform programs could have been handled better & sooner.
    The GOP machine has always been better at spreading fear & lies than the Dems are at getting the truth out.

    When the summer recess is over, those problems will be taken care of & Obama's HC Reform (final version) will have vast majority voter support in the country. (probably will not get a single GOP Congressional vote however....but then again........who really listens to the GOP anymore anyway!)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-23-09 at 07:57 PM.

  8. #318
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I disagree with your opinion. I think it can be done.
    I agree that the presenting of the HC Reform programs could have been handled better & sooner.
    The GOP machine has always been better at spreading fear & lies than the Dems are at getting the truth out.

    When the summer recess is over, those problems will be taken care of & Obama's HC Reform (final version) will have vast majority voter support in the country. (probably will not get a single GOP Congressional vote however)
    I think it would have been more accurate to say: "Politicians and political parties have always been better at spreading fear and lies than getting the truth out".
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #319
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I diagree with your opinion. I think it can be done.
    of course they are promising you your wet dream, but it is actually a rusty razor blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I agree that the presenting of the HC Reform programs could have been handled better & sooner.
    The GOP machine has always been better at spreading fear & lies than the Dems are at getting the truth out.

    When the summer recess is over, those problems will be taken care of & Obama's HC Reform (final version) will have vast majority voter support in the country. (probably will not get a single GOP Congressional vote however....but then again........who really listens to the GOP anymore anyway!)
    NEWSFLASH: Dear Leader wanted it signed before they went on vacation
    they will never get info out because they more people actually learn about the truth, the more support he loses

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #320
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,037

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Yes. Nobody likes Hawaiians.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •