View Poll Results: Is opposition to Obama mostly due to his race?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 15.22%
  • No

    117 84.78%
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 369

Thread: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

  1. #281
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post

    That, of course, is a form of bigotry in and of itself.
    I preach this all the time, I am very happy to see that Im not the only one who thinks this way.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Unpopular wars, down economies, incompetence, the cyclical nature of politics, and thousands of other reasons, just like any other election. Do you REALLY think the primary reason why they lost was because the vast majority of people don't like their "scare tactics"?

    When you get down to it, any negative campaigning is using scare tactics, and negative campaigning works.

    And by the way, did you not notice how nasty and low the Democratic primary got this past year? That was against each other. Do you think they suddenly get all nicey-nice against their actual ideological opponents?

    And on that, Hillary's campaign brought out an awful lot against Obama, and a lot of scare tactics to boot, many of which Republicans still use today, but HER campaign were the ones who brought it up first. Was that mostly racist?
    I hate to admit it but you hit some excellent points & it was refreshing to hear you admit things like "Unpopular wars, down economies, incompetence, "......under a Republican Administration.
    As far as this: ...."Hillary's campaign brought out an awful lot against Obama, and a lot of scare tactics to boot, many of which Republicans still use today, but HER campaign were the ones who brought it up first. Was that mostly racist?"....
    It most certainly WAS racist.
    I make no claims of Democratics being Angels, but that in no way excuses today's GOP from criticism.

  3. #283
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Im not a Republican. Im a right-leaning Libertarian., and Im right-leaning because Im pro-strong military, ambivalent on drug legalization, and I think open borders is completely nuts. And I admit it because Im about truth, not ideological blinders.

    Now, as for your post . . . Im just curious as to what would constitute, legitimate, NON-racist criticism of Obama in your world.

    And as for Hillary . . . that pot still simmers. This, I can promise you the moment she smells blood in the water, and its looking increasingly likely that she will, shes going to come at Obama so hard that itll make even the Daley boys wince coz now, she has a record to work with.
    Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post

    Now, as for your post . . . Im just curious as to what would constitute, legitimate, NON-racist criticism of Obama in your world.
    There are many things to legitimate complaints about Obama's policies & I have said so here on different threads.

    1. We should immediately get out of Iraq & turn Afganistan over to NATO. (if NATO doesn't want main responsibilty, get out ourselves)
    2. Get rid of Treasury Sec. Guethner
    3. Pelosi & Reid need to go for not stopping war funding or impeaching Bush & Cheney
    4. Obama needs to get out of the way & let Atty General Holder investigate/prosecute criminals from Bush's admin.


    Those are just a few, but I could go on at length. No President (Dem or Repub) is ALL bad or ALL good. I just happen to hate R. Nixon & GW Bush for abusing their power in truly un-American, dictatorial ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    And as for Hillary . . . that pot still simmers. This, I can promise you the moment she smells blood in the water, and its looking increasingly likely that she will, shes going to come at Obama so hard that itll make even the Daley boys wince coz now, she has a record to work with.
    I think you are wrong. Hillary is a real Bi__ch, but she's no dummy & I think she realizes that she'll never be President or even the Democratic nominee. She's a liar & all her past crap would bury her.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-20-09 at 08:12 PM.

  5. #285
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    There are many things to legitimate complaints about Obama's policies & I have said so here on different threads.

    1. We should immediately get out of Iraq & turn Afghanistan over to NATO. (if NATO doesn't want main responsibility, get out ourselves)
    2. Get rid of Treasury Sec. Guethner
    3. Pelosi & Reid need to go for not stopping war funding or impeaching Bush & Cheney
    4. Obama needs to get out of the way & let Atty General Holder investigate/prosecute criminals from Bush's admin.

    Those are just a few, but I could go on at length. No President (Dem or Repub) is ALL bad or ALL good. I just happen to hate R. Nixon & GW Bush for abusing their power in truly un-American, dictatorial ways.
    I disagree with your 1st point.

    The rest I either don't know enough about to form an opinion, or agree with you on.

    Firstly, I was under the impression that we had various countries support in Afghanistan, so I don't see much point in "turning it over to NATO".

    Secondly, regarding Iraq. IMO, "pull out immediately" is not a sound strategy.

    IMO, regardless of the positive or negative merits of our original entrance into Iraq, withdrawing immediately would have negative effects. I was under the impression that there is a gradual withdrawal ongoing atm, but perhaps I was wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I think you are wrong. Hillary is a real Bi__ch, but she's no dummy & I think she realizes that she'll never be President or even the Democratic nominee. She's a liar & all her past crap would bury her.
    Insert almost any party or political figure into that opinion, with appropriate adjectives, and it still applies.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #286
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    There are many things to legitimate complaints about Obama's policies & I have said so here on different threads.

    1. We should immediately get out of Iraq & turn Afganistan over to NATO. (if NATO doesn't want main responsibilty, get out ourselves)
    2. Get rid of Treasury Sec. Guethner
    3. Pelosi & Reid need to go for not stopping war funding or impeaching Bush & Cheney
    4. Obama needs to get out of the way & let Atty General Holder investigate/prosecute criminals from Bush's admin.
    So, only criticizing him for not being liberal enough isn't racism? Otherwise it is?


    I think you are wrong. Hillary is a real Bi__ch, but she's no dummy & I think she realizes that she'll never be President or even the Democratic nominee. She's a liar & all her past crap would bury her.
    She damn near won last year. I'll bet she thinks she can.
    Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I disagree with your 1st point.

    The rest I either don't know enough about to form an opinion, or agree with you on.

    Firstly, I was under the impression that we had various countries support in Afghanistan, so I don't see much point in "turning it over to NATO".
    While various NATO countries have sent combat troops, the majority of the "Heavy Lifting" (& casualties) is born by us & the Brits. Most NATO countries have small "Token" forces in Afghanistan & have no interest in taking over our lead role.
    To my way of thinking, Afghanistan is not where most of the enemy is anyway. They (enemy) are hold up in the tribal regions of Pakistan, so we will just be bogged down for years, accomplishing nothing.
    What is our "End Game" there anyway? When can/should we leave?

    I say...Declare victory ("Mission Accomplished" ) & get out TOMORROW!
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-20-09 at 08:51 PM.

  8. #288
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    While various NATO countries have sent combat troops, the majority of the "Heavy Lifting" (& casualties) is born by us & the Brits. Most NATO countries have small "Token" forces in Afghanistan & have no interest in taking over our lead role.
    To my way of thinking, Afghanistan is not where most of the enemy is anyway. They (enemy) are hold up in the tribal regions of Pakistan, so we will just be bogged down for years, accomplishing nothing.
    What is our "End Game" there anyway? When can/should we leave?

    I say...Declare victory ("Mission Accomplished" ) & get out TOMORROW!
    Well, as we were the ones attacked by forces originating from Afghanistan, it seems reasonable that we would send a larger force, as we had the most at stake.
    If we leave Afghanistan, would those in Pakistan move back to Afghanistan? I am not very knowledgeable as to the success or lack thereof that NATO has had in it's endeavors. Would they do the job effectively?

    As to "End Game". I would assume our "End Game" for Afghanistan is when there is no longer a possibility that it can be used as a terrorist base against us.

    Declare "Victory" and leave? But we haven't won! There are still terrorists!

    And not to make any comparisons (yeah, right), but that sounds like Vietnam.
    Last edited by The Mark; 08-20-09 at 09:36 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Well, as we were the ones attacked by forces originating from Afghanistan, it seems reasonable that we would send a larger force, as we had the most at stake.
    Al Quieda is a world-wide terrorist/criminal group that has planned attacks from many different sites. Do we invade the entire world?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    If we leave Afghanistan, would those in Pakistan move back to Afghanistan?
    Who cares?..No matter where the terrorists are, they are a threat.
    Bogging our army down in any location will just make us easier targets.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    As to "End Game". I would assume our "End Game" for Afghanistan is when there is no longer a possibility that it can be used as a terrorist base against us.
    Ah...The Bush doctrine.....but....since there will always be criminals & terrorists, we will never be able to leave, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Declare "Victory" and leave? But we haven't won! There are still terrorists!

    And not to make any comparisons (yeah, right), but that sounds like Vietnam.
    See my above response
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-20-09 at 09:48 PM.

  10. #290
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Al Qaeda is a world-wide terrorist group that has planned attacks from many different sites. Do we invade the entire world?
    Where did I suggest that I supported that? If we locate a terrorist base or operations, I would think through diplomacy and/or force we could attack it, if we so desired. Leaving it in place to gain intel from it is another option. But terrorists don't use bases that much, as they know such can be attacked as well as the next guy. So intelligence/special ops are the way to go for combating terrorism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Who cares? No matter where the terrorists are, they are a threat.
    Bogging our army down in any location will just make us easier targets.
    Using conventional military forces against terrorism is ineffective unless against a group of said terrorists who have gathered and are fighting in a somewhat conventional manner. As Afghanistan was, in part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Ah...The Bush doctrine.....but....since there will always be criminals & terrorists, we will never be able to leave, right?

    See my above response
    Perhaps I should have said "As to "End Game". I would assume our "End Game" for Afghanistan is when there is a reduced possibility that it can be used as a terrorist base against us."

    So once the people of Afghanistan are capable of preventing terrorists from taking over their country again, and have the capability to search out and eliminate terrorists hiding in their country, we can leave.

    Although I would assume, as with most if not all friendly countries, that we would have liaison military and intelligence persons there.

    But you are correct, there will always be criminals and terrorists...and we will never be able to stop fighting them. As we never have been able to stop fighting them, since whenever humans started existing and were capable of criminal and terroristic acts.
    Last edited by The Mark; 08-20-09 at 09:58 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •