View Poll Results: Is opposition to Obama mostly due to his race?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 15.22%
  • No

    117 84.78%
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 369

Thread: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

  1. #211
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Kinda sounds like a distinction without a difference to me??
    I'm sure it does sound that way to you.

    But if you're not capable of understanding the conceptual and logicial difference between "some" and "most," it might explain a great number of things.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I do, and no, it's not provable -- either way.

    But Earthly things are. This topic is an Earthly thing. When people believed the Earth was flat, they were wrong, no matter how hard they believed it.
    I suggest that I could probably find more evidence (verbal admissions & documents) to back up my opinion (about Obama opposition) than you could provide about the existence of god.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I'm sure it does sound that way to you.

    But if you're not capable of understanding the conceptual and logicial difference between "some" and "most," it might explain a great number of things.
    I understand the intent of your "DIG" but assure you that I do indeed understand the conceptual and logicial difference between "some" and "most." I just am of the opinion that Most is more accurate.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-18-09 at 11:45 AM.

  4. #214
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I understand the intent of your "DIG" but assure you that I do indeed understand the conceptual and logicial difference between "some" and "most." I just am of the opinion that Most is more accurate.
    As always, when you get caught in a point, you shift the subject. (And no, I'm not going to remind you of your point; it's only a few posts up and anyone can go read it if they want.)
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #215
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I suggest that I could probably find more evidence (verbal admissions & documents) to back up my opinion (about Obama opposition) than you could provide about the existence of god.
    And then what?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    As always, when you get caught in a point, you shift the subject. (And no, I'm not going to remind you of your point; it's only a few posts up and anyone can go read it if they want.)
    If you are referring to the opposition being "Partially" based on race statement, it is impossible to quantify how much of someone's opposition is based on race & how much is based on reason. Therefore, I ignored the unquantifiable difference & chalk it all up to racism.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    And then what?
    Then......It is patently absurd to denigrate my unprovable opinion but claim that your unprovable opinion is somehow better. The "Earthly" qualifier you inject is just silly.
    What the hell is "Earthly" & why can't the existence of a god be proven or disproved using "Earthly" evidence? (whatever the hell Earthly means??)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-18-09 at 11:58 AM.

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,777
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Devil, you crack me up! I'm getting a huge laugh out of folks like you and UtahBill telling conservatives what we think and what we believe. You're both of the same ilk that rail on the tea parties, and I bet neither of you attended one to have first hand knowledge of what took place.

    I'm going to spell this out for you (and everyone else) to see.

    Most conservatives don't hate black people. I know, I know - this may come as a shock to you, but it's actually true.

    Most conservatives (remember, they don't hate black people) are opposed to Obama based on his policies. If a green man, a red man, a yellow man or hell even a white man, had the same policies as Obama, conservatives would be just as opposed to that person. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. You can spin this crap all day long, but it only makes you look foolish to the point of being laughable. You've almost entered into the same reality challenged area that the birthers and the truthers live in. Seriously, you haven't a clue when you stick to the beliefs that you have when there is no evidence whatsoever to support them.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  9. #219
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Then......It is patently absurd to denigrate my unprovable opinion but claim that your unprovable opinion is somehow better.
    Dude.

    I took care of that in my first response to your question. I knew where you were going.

    Belief in God is not provable. But beliefs based in the natural world are.

    I understand how badly you want to say "I know you are, but what am I?" but when you say things like:

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    If you are referring to the opposition being "Partially" based on race statement, it is impossible to quantify how much of someone's opposition is based on race & how much is based on reason. Therefore, I ignored the unquantifiable difference & chalk it all up to racism.
    It only shows how scandalously poor your reasoning skills are. "I don't know how much of it can be attributed to X, but it suits me to think it's ALL attributable to X, so that's what I'm going with."

    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Devil, you crack me up! I'm getting a huge laugh out of folks like you and UtahBill telling conservatives what we think and what we believe. You're both of the same ilk that rail on the tea parties, and I bet neither of you attended one to have first hand knowledge of what took place.

    I'm going to spell this out for you (and everyone else) to see.

    Most conservatives don't hate black people. I know, I know - this may come as a shock to you, but it's actually true.

    Most conservatives (remember, they don't hate black people) are opposed to Obama based on his policies. If a green man, a red man, a yellow man or hell even a white man, had the same policies as Obama, conservatives would be just as opposed to that person. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. You can spin this crap all day long, but it only makes you look foolish to the point of being laughable. You've almost entered into the same reality challenged area that the birthers and the truthers live in. Seriously, you haven't a clue when you stick to the beliefs that you have when there is no evidence whatsoever to support them.
    Is your above statement a matter of verifiable FACT or simply your OPINION?

    (&, btw, I never claimed that most conservatives hate black people. Where did that erroneous supposition/lie come from??)

    I'll give you guys this: You are masters at twisting words & fabricating meanings to suit your purpose. If I said "Adolf Hitler was a bad man"....You guys would twist that into meaning that, since Hitler was Caucasian, I MUST be a racist & hate all Caucasians!.....Your (right wing nuts in general) debate tactics are insulting & quite ineffectual....as is proved by the last 2 national elections, but please.....Keep it up! Can't wait to take more Congressional seats from your side next year.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-18-09 at 12:18 PM.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •