View Poll Results: Is opposition to Obama mostly due to his race?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 15.22%
  • No

    117 84.78%
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 369

Thread: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

  1. #131
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Some did. But unlike Devil, I'm not willing to ascribe it to "most" of the people who criticized her. But then, I allow for the possibility of good faith disagreement.
    Holy ****, i thought you were kidding.

    Which is what i was meaning to highlight but you took the words right out of my mouth. I doubt most people thought 'she is black' when they criticised her and that same benefit of the doubt should be given to those who oppose Obama.

    Btw, how does that logic work with black people who criticise Obama? Self hating?
    Or even white people ... he is ofc mixed race


  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Can this argument work the other way around?

    Bush was not very popular and criticised amongst African Americans and other minorities, a good percentage of them voted against him.
    Was it just because he was white? o.O
    Not likely since, prior to Obama, the black community never had anyone but a white man to vote for, but of course some may well have. Most???? I doubt it.

  3. #133
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No...You claimed I had no evidence on which to base my belief , which I proved wrong.
    That would be a lie...

    "I say YES to the question. Most opposition to Obama is racially based, & yes...I truly believe that." - Devil505

    You have provided no evidence at all that "most opposition to Obama is racially based."

    What you have shown is most of it comes from fringe groups that have very little if any power politically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Now you are demanding evidence to PROVE my belief. You can move the goalposts all you want, but we both know I backed up my beliefs with good reason.
    As I have shown I have moved nothing and you are trying to obfuscate, rather badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #134
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Btw, how does that logic work with black people who criticise Obama? Self hating?
    There's almost certainly a faction of the black community who would consider a black person opposed to Obama an "Uncle Tom" (race traitor) or some other derogatory thing. Won't speculate as to how many, though.


    Or even white people ... he is ofc mixed race
    Interestingly, some of the black community criticized Obama at one point because he's not -- according them at the time -- "authentically" black.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obaema is mostly based on his rac

    <Let me try to clarify my position here:

    The question is Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race?

    To which I answer yes. The majority of opposition may well not be racist but its BASIS, by that I mean the right wing leaders (Rush Limbaugh, etc) who are leading the opposition, I believe are doing so mainly due to his race.
    Now, the anti-Obama rhetoric they spew out may be based on arguments against specific policies, but that is just a dodge. Many people may hear these lies & accept them as true & oppose Obama based on Limbaugh's (as an example) lies.

    These people may not be racists....just stupid!

    But the answer to the question remains the same: Most opposition is BASED (by the leaders themselves) on racism.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That would be a lie...

    "I say YES to the question. Most opposition to Obama is racially based, & yes...I truly believe that." - Devil505

    You have provided no evidence at all that "most opposition to Obama is racially based."

    What you have shown is most of it comes from fringe groups that have very little if any power politically.



    As I have shown I have moved nothing and you are trying to obfuscate, rather badly.

    You continue to try to move the goalposts to make me PROVE my belief. I never claimed proof, just that I BELIEVED something. You attacked my belief as baseless, which I proved wrong. Trying to change the subject will not work. We are arguing whether or not I had reason to believe something...which I do & proved.

  7. #137
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    You continue to try to move the goalposts to make me PROVE my belief. I never claimed proof, just that I BELIEVED something. You attacked my belief as baseless, which I proved wrong. Trying to change the subject will not work. We are arguing whether or not I had reason to believe something...which I do & proved.
    I believe you are an idiot

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  8. #138
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obaema is mostly based on his rac

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    <Let me try to clarify my position here:

    The question is Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race?

    To which I answer yes. The majority of opposition may well not be racist but its BASIS, by that I mean the right wing leaders (Rush Limbaugh, etc) who are leading the opposition, I believe are doing so mainly due to his race.
    Then it should be easy to find some evidence that right wing leaders like Rush Limbaugh (he is a radio host and leads nothing. ) is a racist. It's not like Rush, Hannity or all the rest went against Clinton, oh wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    <Now, the anti-Obama rhetoric they spew out may be based on arguments against specific policies, but that is just a dodge. Many people may hear these lies & accept them as true & oppose Obama based on Limbaugh's (as an example) lies.

    These people may not be racists....just stupid!
    So to clarify you have no argument and are calling them racist but you have no evidence to call them racist?????


    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    <But the answer to the question remains the same: Most opposition is BASED (by the leaders themselves) on racism.
    Then please post the evidence to back this up.

    So far you are just looking extremely confused and are trying to back pedal from your original statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I believe you are an idiot
    As is your right. (not a particularly mature or helpful post to this thread but it is undoubtedly your best effort)

  10. #140
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do you believe that opposition to Obama is mostly based on his race

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Interestingly, some of the black community criticized Obama at one point because he's not -- according them at the time -- "authentically" black.
    I know people who do not see him as 'black' either and use the term 'bounty bar' to describe him.


Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •