View Poll Results: Will Republicans surge back into power

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 2010 Republicans take back Congress

    18 48.65%
  • No, Democrats will hold power for the next decade

    11 29.73%
  • Other Explain

    8 21.62%
  • Third Party will surge into power

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,822
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    I don't think the Repubs will take back Congress, but I do believe they will close the gap significantly. And I don't believe it's because they will get their **** together, I think it will be because they don't have 'D' next to their name, which is ironic because the Dems are in power now because they didn't have an 'R' next to their name on the previous ballots.

    Yes, a third, fourth and fifth parties are needed. This two party system is killing this country. But rather than just having more parties, I believe we need just one party that pays no attention to special interests.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,822
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No it will not lead to another republican revolution. Reason is pretty simple.. the fragmented leadership of the Republican party... it is a headless chicken at the moment.
    And when you are proven wrong, yet again, will you say you were wrong? How's the weather over there in Spain Petey?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  3. #23
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    And when you are proven wrong, yet again, will you say you were wrong? How's the weather over there in Spain Petey?
    Weather is fine. And if I am proven wrong then I will admit it. But as it stands now, the Republican party is a headless chicken squawking around with no clear policy but to say NO..

    that is unless you accept that Rush Limburger is the leader of the Republican party
    PeteEU

  4. #24
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Of course.

    But it ignores the primary problem of our 2 party system. No one wins because their ideals, their standards and their practices overall are better. They win because the other party hung themselves.

    This is the real American descent into oblivion.
    We keep replacing one horrible party with the other without realizing that we ejected that previous party for the current. Rather then electing good, honest and competition officials and parties, we just look for who in our gold fish memories appears to be better at the time.

    The GOP is likely to take back the House in 2010. But that doesn't make them any better of a party.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    If Republicans drop the social conservatism and just focus on fiscal responsibility, move back to what the party originally stood for. Leave Gay marriage and Abortion to the states as they claim they want it to happen.
    The Republican party drifted away from what should have been its core principles during the Bush years and racked up a enormous debt and spending so in doing so i think they lost any ground to preach to Democrats
    Gay marriage is a national issue by the nature of the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution. No escaping that, it's part of the national structure. A marriage in California has to be recognized in Maine, a driver's license issued in Floriduh! must be valid in Oregon. Too bad for Maine if California lets dykes marry.

    Abortion should never have become a federal issue, you're right.

    Someone has to stand for moral values. In fact, all politicians have to stand for their definition of morality, money is only one aspect of a culture.

    The Democrats have aligned themselves with depravity, dissolution, personal irresonsibility, transference of blame, perpetual white guilt, the nanny state, and failure.

    The Republicans are aligned with God, which is unfortunate, because God doesn't exist. They should find a rational morality to build on. The libertarians have it, the GOP should look into it.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 08-12-09 at 12:18 AM.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    I don't think the Repubs will take back Congress, but I do believe they will close the gap significantly. And I don't believe it's because they will get their **** together, I think it will be because they don't have 'D' next to their name, which is ironic because the Dems are in power now because they didn't have an 'R' next to their name on the previous ballots.

    Yes, a third, fourth and fifth parties are needed. This two party system is killing this country. But rather than just having more parties, I believe we need just one party that pays no attention to special interests.
    Actually, just getting to two parties with opposing viewpoints in the House and Senate would be an improvement over what we've had since Reagan left office.

  7. #27
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Yes, a black man in office is bound to lead to a Republican revolution. It will rally them from the fields of Georgia to the whatever they have in Alabama. From the depths of the old confederacy, the south will rise again and scream "never again!"
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post

    If Republicans drop the social conservatism and just focus on fiscal responsibility, move back to what the party originally stood for. Leave Gay marriage and Abortion to the states as they claim they want it to happen.
    So social Conservatives should just let supporters of Gay marriage, abortion etc..., push though their agendas on a Federal level without a word of contention?

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    I have to go with "I don't know". If the protests don't amount to more than what we currently see, then nothing much will change.

    "Manfully maintain our good old principle of cherishing and fortifying the rights and authorities of the people in opposition to those who fear them, who wish to take all power from them and to transfer all to Washington." --Thomas Jefferson to Nathaniel Macon, 1826. FE 10:378
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama care will lead to another repub revolution?

    I hope that our people are patient and intelligent enough to give a better health care plan a chance and that the conservatives stay a minority.
    I wonder if Canada had the same problems with the wealthy when they converted to "national health care".
    And why is it , that at least most of the other nations on this planet have a form of national health care.
    From what they have shown me, our wealthy( and their lackies) only seem to care about themselves and no one else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •