View Poll Results: Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    36 63.16%
  • No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    20 35.09%
  • If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.

    12 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 425

Thread: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

  1. #281
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I knew you were a stand up guy & appreciate your honesty in divulging that you are an insurance agent, & therefore have "A Dog In The Race'"
    While I applaud your honesty (you didn't have to admit that) it does perhaps explain your views in this subject. (if I worked for an insurance company I would probably want to protect my livelihood & employer too)

    I'm not saying your views should be discounted......just that your work MAY unduly influence your views on this subject.
    Well, to be fair I am not currently selling any health products, the commissions aren't good for the regulations right now, I'm focusing more on selling life and annuity products at this time, but I do care about our health industry regardless, you can take my experiences and industry info for what it's worth, but I wanted to throw out the other side from our view.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Or...it means nobody was breaking the law. You have absolutely no evidence for the claim you just made.
    This topic is not about facts ..but opinions. I never claimed evidence on any particular event. (Please reread the Mod warning in this thread on keeping things non-specific) on page 17;
    Moderator's Warning:
    Going to say this once, to both sides.

    This thread is not talking about any specific event. Its the only reason its here, rather than conspiracy theories. If the continued attempts to either steer it towards a singular event, by either side, then action will be taken with the poster, the thread, or both.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    You make a joke out of your own hypocrisy...but the hypocrisy is still there.
    Look pal....If you aren't mature enough to take a little humor in a good natured way, then pehaps you should go watch American Idols or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Then you should have no problem linking me to one that you see as breaking the law. What do you mean which CNN reporter? I even gave you a video of what I am talking about. Are you completely ignoring my posts?
    I must have missed your link. Either post it again or go watch TV. Since you seems determined to take this thread back to a 4th grade food fight, I'll consider a reply to any future trolling post of yours.

    Edit: Rethinking things, I will not give my impressions on any specific protest, as Off Topic trolling



    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Once again, nearly all protests seem to fit under the criteria you are talking about. These recent healthcare protests did not disturb the peace anymore than the average protest.
    If you continue to troll & try to get me off topic onto specific events, this conversation is over.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 07:06 PM.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Well, to be fair I am not currently selling any health products, the commissions aren't good for the regulations right now, I'm focusing more on selling life and annuity products at this time, but I do care about our health industry regardless, you can take my experiences and industry info for what it's worth, but I wanted to throw out the other side from our view.
    Fair & honest reply!

  4. #284
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Fair & honest reply!
    It's about my principles really, not that disagreeing is necessarily bad. I put the country first, for instance, one of the sales techniques we use, and this is perfectly ethical, is the concept of minimizing "estate shrinkage" basically we sell a whole life policy to buffer against estate tax loss since the benefit is tax free, the fifo concept(first in first out), if the estate tax went away the concept would immediately become obsolete, which is why certain life agents are pro-estate tax, they don't want to have to develop a new pitch, that is not the way to improve as an agent, and worse, people are getting soaked in taxes partially because these guys want to lobby for easy sales hits. I am against the estate tax because everything along the line was already taxed, so therefore it is unfair to tax again, it doesn't benefit me to believe this, but the same with healthcare, it is about what I feel is right. Again, if there is middleground here, cause I think most voters just want a better system, I am willing to discuss honestly.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It's about my principles really, not that disagreeing is necessarily bad. I put the country first, for instance, one of the sales techniques we use, and this is perfectly ethical, is the concept of minimizing "estate shrinkage" basically we sell a whole life policy to buffer against estate tax loss since the benefit is tax free, the fifo concept(first in first out), if the estate tax went away the concept would immediately become obsolete, which is why certain life agents are pro-estate tax, they don't want to have to develop a new pitch, that is not the way to improve as an agent, and worse, people are getting soaked in taxes partially because these guys want to lobby for easy sales hits. I am against the estate tax because everything along the line was already taxed, so therefore it is unfair to tax again, it doesn't benefit me to believe this, but the same with healthcare, it is about what I feel is right. Again, if there is middleground here, cause I think most voters just want a better system, I am willing to discuss honestly.
    This type of discussion deserves it's own thread & is exactly what this country needs right now. Honest, non-hysterical interplay so that we can hopefully thrash out a good compromise HC plan that will be good for most citizens & takes into account the best ideas on both sides.
    Screaming at town hall meetings is exactly what we don't need anymore of!

    (we should contact President Obama....I'll bet you & I could find good middle ground & stop all the hysteria!)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 07:19 PM.

  6. #286
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    This topic is not about facts
    You got that right. And only a fool forms an opinion without grounding it in facts.
    Look pal....If you aren't mature enough to take a little humor in a good natured way, then pehaps you should go watch American Idols or something.
    Yes, that response right there was definitely mature...I pointed out your hypocrisy and you tried to brush it off as a joke...so I simply pointed out that it is still there.
    I must have missed your link. Either post it again or go watch TV. Since you seems determined to take this thread back to a 4th grade food fight, I'll consider a reply to any future trolling post of yours.
    4th grade food fight. Really? By asking you to answer a question of mine I am somehow starting a food fight? Please. The only one acting immature right now is you. I am simply trying to have an honest debate.
    If you continue to troll & try to get me off topic onto specific events, this conversation is over.
    Then next time don't include a specific event in your original post.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    You got that right. And only a fool forms an opinion without grounding it in facts.

    Yes, that response right there was definitely mature...I pointed out your hypocrisy and you tried to brush it off as a joke...so I simply pointed out that it is still there.

    4th grade food fight. Really? By asking you to answer a question of mine I am somehow starting a food fight? Please. The only one acting immature right now is you. I am simply trying to have an honest debate.

    Then next time don't include a specific event in your original post.
    This conversation is over.

  8. #288
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    This type of discussion deserves it's own thread & is exactly what this country needs right now. Honest, non-hysterical interplay so that we can hopefully thrash out a good compromise HC plan that will be good for most citizens & takes into account the best ideas on both sides.
    Screaming at town hall meetings is exactly what we don't need anymore of!

    (we should contact President Obama....I'll bet you & I could find good middle ground & stop all the hysteria!)
    This of course denotes that Washington is ready to listen. But I agree.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    This of course denotes that Washington is ready to listen. But I agree.
    I think Washington is "All Ears" (no pun intended...Sorry Mr. President!) on this subject.
    Obama's Presidency & the jobs of many elected officials rest on getting a compromise bill passed, probably by the end of this year.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 07:26 PM.

  10. #290
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    This conversation is over.
    It was over the moment you refused to provide a factual basis for anything you said. Have a nice day

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •