View Poll Results: Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    36 63.16%
  • No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    20 35.09%
  • If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.

    12 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 425

Thread: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

  1. #221
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Right, so again, with no facts, your saying everyone has this grand insight into a conspiracy that the government sent in plants to counter Vietnam protesters. Okay, sure, whatever you say there chief.
    WTF do they teach in history class these days? Ok, I will grant you this, maybe you are young and just not in tune. But this was no grand secret, but also was not a grand conspiracy. Local police, FBI, and even the CIA all partook in infiltrating groups they saw as subversive; i.e. anti-war and civil-rights. Good god o'mighty, did they not even teach you this in regards to the Civil Rights movement? Do you not learn anything about Nixon beyond Watergate? Go to a library please and check out some history books.

  2. #222
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    WTF do they teach in history class these days? Ok, I will grant you this, maybe you are young and just not in tune. But this was no grand secret, but also was not a grand conspiracy. Local police, FBI, and even the CIA all partook in infiltrating groups they saw as subversive; i.e. anti-war and civil-rights. Good god o'mighty, did they not even teach you this in regards to the Civil Rights movement? Do you not learn anything about Nixon beyond Watergate? Go to a library please and check out some history books.
    okay genius, how many counterprotesters stepped up to defend soldiers getting spit on by war protesters when they returned? Yeah, thought so, that would be the first clue that the government didn't subsidize counterprotest. Were there counter actions taken, yes, but not counterprotests en masse as you like to claim.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #223
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    okay genius, how many counterprotesters stepped up to defend soldiers getting spit on by war protesters when they returned? Yeah, thought so, that would be the first clue that the government didn't subsidize counterprotest. Were there counter actions taken, yes, but not counterprotests en masse as you like to claim.
    What are you blabbering about now? Counter-protesters, soldiers, subsidize, etc..? Look, 1069 said:
    This reminds me of stuff I've heard about the Vietnam war protests, how the government would send in fake protesters to incite violence, then send the cops in swinging on the entire crowd.
    To which it was the common practice then for everyone from local police on up to the FBI and CIA to infiltrate groups. It was also well known that a tactic used was for some to infiltrate these groups to rile up the crowd so that the police would have an excuse to make arrests. The joke was always that the hippy anti-war protesters always recognized them as "Narcs", or so they claimed (maybe embarrassed to admit they got duped). Do read up on COINTELPRO. This was a well known program used to discredit the anti-war movement.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I've never heard anyone claim the government was doing that, mostly fringe groups on either side of the argument.
    Because you never heard about it doesn't negate the fact that it's true. Nixon sent teams of counter-protesters out to intimidate the real war protesters. (Repubs are big on sending in their own group of "Brownshirts"...Ever hear of Nixon's (illegal) "Plumbers" who worked out of the basement of the White House & committed illegal acts for King Nixon?)

    Here's a quick link, there are tons of links Watergate - The White House Plumbers
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 08:46 AM.

  5. #225
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Because you never heard about it doesn't negate the fact that it's true. Nixon sent teams of counter-protesters out to intimidate the real war protesters. (Repubs are big on sending in their own group of "Brownshirts"...Ever hear of Nixon's (illegal) "Plumbers" who worked out of the basement of the White House & committed illegal acts for King Nixon?)

    Here's a quick link, there are tons of links Watergate - The White House Plumbers
    That's not counter protest, that's burglary. What we are talking about is a sitting president during that era, or any other government agency sending people to shout down protesters in the streets.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That's not counter protest, that's burglary. What we are talking about is a sitting president during that era, or any other government agency sending people to shout down protesters in the streets.
    & that's exactly what Nixon did. (I'll attach a link when I have more time)

  7. #227
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    & that's exactly what Nixon did. (I'll attach a link when I have more time)
    Fine, I'll read it, but the Watergate thing is a different matter.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Fine, I'll read it, but the Watergate thing is a different matter.
    Why is it different? (a political party/Party Leader deliberately abusing it's power for petty political advantage is wrong no matter what)

    Edit: Getting off topic here.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 09:09 AM.

  9. #229
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Why is it different? (a political party/Party Leader deliberately abusing it's power for petty political advantage is wrong no matter what)

    Edit: Getting off topic here.
    Not different in the corruption sense, but different to the original point of government plants as a counterprotest.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Not different in the corruption sense, but different to the original point of government plants as a counterprotest.
    Gotcha (btw...I like your signature)
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-07-09 at 09:24 AM.

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •