View Poll Results: Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    36 63.16%
  • No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    20 35.09%
  • If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.

    12 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 425

Thread: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

  1. #191
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    So now you are using your own poll as evidence...once again, can you please tell me how these protests were preventing free speech?
    Seeing how all you have to do is turn your browser off and on you are free to vote as many times as you want without logging in. Which is why a lot of users make votes public and only count those votes.


    Off topic?

    You made the first argument right there in the main post! It is not off topic whatsoever. I simply refuted it. If you have no valid response I understand. But to say my post was off topic when it debated something YOU said in the original post is as ridiculous as the notion of this topic in the first place.

    And you ignored the rest of my post. Even if these protests are fake (which is completely false) they aren't illegal period. You didn't answer my question or give evidence. You simply picked on line and then labeled my whole response Off Topic.

    And if you are using Robert Gibbs suspicions to back up your claims...

    My point exactly how is the thread starter going to make a blatantly false premise and not expect others to question that premise? It is false to say talking about whether or not the protesters are fake is off topic.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #192
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the genuine, local people who went to hear the HC issue debated were prevented from hearing all but the "Just Say No" shouts that were intended to do just that..... Prevent the free speech of one side from being heard. Why they weren't simply removed by the police is beyond me.
    Hmm the video's that I saw had a person asking a question and the people in the audiance agreeing with the question or booing the representitives for their answer. I don't recall a "just say no" slogan being hollered.

    And I'm sorry mods but in the case of this thread it is obvious that this thread was brought about by specific events which was even talked about in the OP. Go ahead and move this thread to the Conspiracy section because it obviously belongs there. You can ban me from this thread if you wish but I will stand by what I have said. This thread started off on a false premise and it will no doubt continue as it has been. With vague references to "you know what" just because they fear the wrath of a mod. I may like this place but I tell things like I see them and will not kow tow to a mod when they are wrong. Which in this case I believe that you are. No disrespect is meant. It's just how I see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Since I & many others feel that the shouting protest at many health care rallies is being orchestrated, & appears designed to prevent the American voter from hearing the other side of the issue,
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #193
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    So the whole argument is that those who oppose government run healthcare are better organized than those who support it.... Gotcha.


    .

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post

    The first amendment reads (I added bold and italics):

    "Fake" protests are not illegal, even if they are fake. They don't go against the Constitution. Everyone has the right to free speech.
    You conveniently keep failing to admit that First Amendment rights must be exercised "peaceably", otherwise they do not get protected (the local police have the power, authority & duty to "Keep the Peace.".

    What gives any THUG the right to prevent others from exercising their Freedom of Speech?...NOTHING does or should!

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And I'm sorry mods but in the case of this thread it is obvious that this thread was brought about by specific events which was even talked about in the OP. Go ahead and move this thread to the Conspiracy section because it obviously belongs there.
    There already is a thread regarding this in conspiracy theories. This thread asks a generic poll question & why some are trying to stifle/derail this thread only discloses the weakness of your argument & your fear of what you don't want heard by the American public.

  6. #196
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    You conveniently keep failing to admit that First Amendment rights must be exercised "peaceably", otherwise they do not get protected (the local police have the power, authority & duty to "Keep the Peace.".
    Were the people arrested? Was it a legal public gathering?

    You have no argument here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    What gives any THUG the right to prevent others from exercising their Freedom of Speech?...NOTHING does or should!
    What thugs? People voicing their opinion loudly does not qualify as a thug. Your argument thus far amounts to hyperbole.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-06-09 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Were the people arrested? Was it a legal public gathering?
    Nice try but Off topic.

    Answer the poll question if you feel the need to type:

    Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

    Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    So the whole argument is that those who oppose government run healthcare are better organized than those who support it.... Gotcha.


    .
    No..Just more obnoxious.

  9. #199
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Nice try but Off topic.
    You need to stop. Right now. You keep calling these protesters thugs and fakes, and the minute somebody provides a counter argument you cry off topic and restate your poll. Now, I am going to respond to you without mentioning specific events, just like you want, even though you keep mentioning them yourself.

    You conveniently keep failing to admit that First Amendment rights must be exercised "peaceably", otherwise they do not get protected (the local police have the power, authority & duty to "Keep the Peace.".

    What gives any THUG the right to prevent others from exercising their Freedom of Speech?...NOTHING does or should!
    Who says that "fake" can't be peaceful? Your poll does not talk about "peacefulness" at all. And yes, thugs have the right to free speech. And can you please tell me how voicing your opinion loudly somehow prevents someone else to have free speech? Furthermore, the amendment states CONGRESS shall not infringe on the rights of free speech. So private citizens could stop free speech all they want and it wouldn't be against the constitution, though I do not see how that is possible.

    How is it possible for protesters to prevent the free speech of anyone else?

  10. #200
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,527

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Nice try but Off topic.
    You said...

    "You conveniently keep failing to admit that First Amendment rights must be exercised "peaceably", otherwise they do not get protected (the local police have the power, authority & duty to "Keep the Peace." - Devil505

    I then said...

    "Were the people arrested? Was it a legal public gathering?

    You have no argument here.
    " - Blackdog

    You opened the door. You brought it in.

    Again you have no argument here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Answer the poll question if you feel the need to type:

    Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

    Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.
    I answered it pages ago. And you are still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •