View Poll Results: Should protesters be allowed to curb free speech in this country?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Protests are protected by the Constitution.

    36 63.16%
  • No. If protesters stop free speech, they should be removed by police.

    20 35.09%
  • If fake protesters & their masters should be prosecuted.

    12 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 425

Thread: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

  1. #111
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post



    Huh? Hello...have you not bothered to read anything? Did I say the nutjobs showing up are paid? No, I did not make that claim. What I did say however that is right in front of your eyes is that lobbying firms (obviously being paid) are organizing the disruptions.
    Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    So what was your point? Did these people NOT petition for a redress of grievances, so what if it was a lobbyist planned "assembly" if the people were truly aggrieved.



    Look bud, I have given you everything you need to know. If you will not bother to educate yourself, then just end it ok. You had your opportunity to dispute, was it you who said something about people just accepting an argument because they said so? Well, go learn about the players involved and then come back.
    You haven't given anything credible, and again, the onus is on you to prove that somehow these protests were "illegitimate" because they were organized, so far you have failed miserably in that responsibility.



    What you say? Conservatives angry? That is shocking....when are they not angry about something? Isn't anger a core requirement to become one? Seriously, I am not arguing that some may or may not genuinely be angry. Do read the argument please.
    Wow, what an uninformed generalization, I guess you missed the sociological study that showed conservatives to generally be happier, feel more empowered, etc., and you say others need to get educated.







    Dat der is sum funny math you have. Ok, what exactly have YOU shown to refute? Besides the whole "Because I says so.." (sound familiar} you have done zero research.
    Kid, I've done plenty of research, which is why I am being so hard on you. You're coming at this from a position of trying to mold the reality to your side in the debate, and the fact is there is nothing there for you, so far I've seen from you: Biased sources, flawed anaysis from those sources, and anger. Seriously chill and absorb for once.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHH
    Don't let these guys upset you Sam. They represent the big time losers who brought our country to the verge of another depression & made the United States a bastion of torture in the world.
    They are angry because now they are all politically impotent, & will remain so for the foreseeable future.

    You & I & the vast majority of Americans see them for what they are & we are determined to not let them ruin our country again.

    The obvious point of this topic is not what they want to talk about (What if) so they try to obfuscate, confuse & derail us with tactics right out of the RNC playbook.....but it won't work this time.

    To the Republican Party ....all I have to say is this......Cya fellas & yes, I would like fries with my Big Mack.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-05-09 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #113
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    I wonder if the Bush administration ever made false accusations of anti-war protesters being fake or the product or sore losers.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #114
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Don't let these guys upset you Sam. They represent the big time losers who brought our country to the verge of another depression & made the United States a bastion of torture in the world.
    They are angry because now they are all politically impotent, & will remain so for the foreseeable future.
    Guess you haven't seen the latest polling data huh? The Republicans are leading in favorability ratings going into 2010, that would be an election year.

    You & I & the vast majority of Americans see them for what they are & we are determined to not let them ruin our country again.
    See above.

    The obvious point of this topic is not what they want to talk about (What if) so they try to obfuscate, confuse & derail us with tactics right out of the RNC playbook.....but it won't work this time.
    Yes, because these tactics you are complaining about didn't come right from statist leaning Saul Alinski and his book "Rules for Radicals" and haven't been in use since the 1960's by lunatic leftists on the fringe.

    To the Republican Party ....all I have to say is this......Cya fellas & yes, I would like fries with my Big Mack.
    Don't make fun of fast food employees, they had good jobs until the Pelosi/Reid/Obama crowd started to get power in 2006.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Don't let these guys upset you Sam. They represent the big time losers who brought our country to the verge of another depression & made the United States a bastion of torture in the world.
    I would rather have another Great Depression than to have my rights taken away or have my great great great grandchildren be paying for a few bills that was created 50-60-100 years into their past.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #116
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I would rather have another Great Depression than to have my rights taken away or have my great great great grandchildren be paying for a few bills that was created 50-60-100 years into their past.
    This current D.C. bunch is hitting us so hard our great granchildren's great grandchilren will feel it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    One thing I would like to note is that in this thread there has been talk of people coming to town hall meetings that do not live within that district.

    So what?

    Is there a law against it? Does it have to be because they were "paid" to do so? Does it even have to be because they just want to disrupt the proceedings?

    Could it not be because they wanted to come because they were not having any such proceedings where they lived? With no such town hall meetings in the foreseeable future? Could they not just want to be heard?

    If the town hall meetings was for something that was for a local law or ordinance then yeah I could see it as wrong. But if it is for something national...like Obama's UHCP then I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I would encourage anyone from anywhere to go to where ever they can in order to be heard. Even if it's 5 states away. Why? Because it affects everyone in the US no matter where you live in the US.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,763
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    You see, with sam w and others, it's not about right or wrong, it's about left or right. They and their ilk showed no anger when the dems do this very same thing, but are outraged when the right does it. It's either wrong all the time, or it's OK all the time. You don't get to be selective in your outrage if you want anyone to take you seriously.

    I was pissed when Bush signed TARP. I was pissed when Obama signed the Stimulus bill. I've been angry about government bailouts no matter who is doing it, and I'm far from alone in this. I was pissed when the repubs spent like sailors in a whorehouse. I am pissed that the dems are spending at a rate far greater than sailors in a whorehouse. I am consistent in my outrage. Others are not.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    So for all of you on the Left where was your oytrage when your fellow folk son the left shout at Republican Congress Member who were doing Town Hall meetings if I recall I hear well it's free Speach and what are they tryiong ot hide form.

    Whats Good for the Goose is good for the Gander welcome to America and this thing called the 1st Adm. don't like I suggest you go and live in any of the following Countries, China,Cuba,Iran,Syria.

  10. #120
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Should Orchestrated (fake) Protests Be Allowed To Hinder Free Speech?

    I really think that Devil505 doesn't know how chilling it it that he suggests that the courts should be able to determine whether you are being real with your speech and what sort of punishment you get if they determine if you are not.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •