View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Scientologist for president?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    30 54.55%
  • no

    16 29.09%
  • other

    9 16.36%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Would you vote for this person?

  1. #21
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Read the history of Scientology for a deeper understanding of crazy.

    It was created by a very questionable person about 60 years ago.
    Every religion is wacky, Scientology is just the "new" crazy. A hundred years ago, Mormonism was the strange new kid on the block, ad infinitum.

    I can take any religion and point out the insane ideologies.

    If your particular brand of insanity believes in earthly miracles and life after death, you too are as nutty as a scientologist or a muslim suicide bomber.

  2. #22
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Every religion is wacky, Scientology is just the "new" crazy. A hundred years ago, Mormonism was the strange new kid on the block, ad infinitum.

    I can take any religion and point out the insane ideologies.

    If your particular brand of insanity believes in earthly miracles and life after death, you too are as nutty as a scientologist or a muslim suicide bomber.
    What's so nutty about thinking the human soul is of a dual nature, a body and a spirit, both made of matter that is eternal. A machine has an energy that makes it come to life, why is it so strange to think that life/intelligence is a type of energy that still exists after the eternal elements of the body return to dust.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by partier9 View Post
    Ok lets say a guy runs for the presidency. His political beliefs are the exact same as yours, he was the governor of his state for 8 years in which the state prospered in. He is honest and trustworthy and basically great in every way.

    However for a religion he is a scientologist, would you vote for him?
    If he's a scientologist then his political beliefs could not be the exact same as mine.

    That doesn't motivate my vote in this poll either way though.

    I find Scientology so distasteful that I would even vote for an atheist first.

  4. #24
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    What's so nutty about thinking the human soul is of a dual nature, a body and a spirit, both made of matter that is eternal. A machine has an energy that makes it come to life, why is it so strange to think that life/intelligence is a type of energy that still exists after the eternal elements of the body return to dust.
    Proof, for one.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    The idea is at least as logical as your belief that the body is a machine with no energy source. Its outside of current ability to test(as far as I know) either way. There is spiritual evidence that I accept and you think doesn't exist,

  6. #26
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    The idea is at least as logical as your belief that the body is a machine with no energy source.
    The body does have an energy source it's called food and water. Without out it you die. No need of a soul for an energy source.

    Have you had an education beyond your Mormon teachings? I mean the food thing is 5th grade level stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    Its outside of current ability to test(as far as I know) either way. There is spiritual evidence that I accept and you think doesn't exist,
    I agree that I have seen evidence of God, but that is not evidence as it is anecdotal. So it does not count as evidence of anything.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-02-09 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #27
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    The idea is at least as logical as your belief that the body is a machine with no energy source. Its outside of current ability to test(as far as I know) either way. There is spiritual evidence that I accept and you think doesn't exist,
    Who said there is no energy source?
    We breathe oxygen and eat food.

    We are living organisms just like ants or bacteria.
    Do they also go on to live in an afterlife?

    Saying "spiritual evidence" is like saying "magical proof". It's nonsense.

  8. #28
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Why don't you try and understand what I meant by energy source instead of trying to use my words to make me look stupid. I told you in IM I find you an extremely ignorant and dishonest debater and didnt want to interact with you.
    Last edited by laska; 08-02-09 at 02:09 AM.

  9. #29
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    Why don't you try and understand what I meant by energy source instead of trying to use my words to make me look stupid. I told you in IM I find you an extremely ignorant and dishonest debater and didnt want to interact with you.
    Then don't post on an internet message board.

    Yea I am ignorant and dishonest because you were wrong and cannot back up most of what you say with evidence?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-02-09 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Would you vote for this person?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Every religion is wacky, Scientology is just the "new" crazy. A hundred years ago, Mormonism was the strange new kid on the block, ad infinitum.

    I can take any religion and point out the insane ideologies.

    If your particular brand of insanity believes in earthly miracles and life after death, you too are as nutty as a scientologist or a muslim suicide bomber.
    The majority of Muslims, Jews and Christians as well as other religious groups aren't stupid crazy like Scientology.

    Scientology is a cult, it is more than regular fanatic crazy.

    The whole ideology of Scientology is ludicrous. You have to pay to advance in the religion. The cult also makes every attempt to pull anything, critical of Scientology, off of popular websites like youtube.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •