View Poll Results: Is Obama secretly a racist?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 32.88%
  • No

    49 67.12%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122

Thread: Is Obama secretly a racist?

  1. #41
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 06:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is more accurate, a race baiter.
    Not even partially accurate. Again race-baiting and racist are a term that have been thrown around so easily and distorted way past their connotation. Just speaking about race is not being a racist or race-baiter. You want to look for a racist check out Jeff Sessions. He got denied his chance on the federal bench because of his overt racist ties.

    "Race baiting is an act of using racially derisive language, actions or other forms of communication, to anger, intimidate or incite a person or groups of people, or to make those persons behave in ways that are inimical to their personal or group interests" (from wiki)

    Now you would have to prove intent here. Does he intend to create anger, to intimidate or incite people? Again the onus would be on the accuser to prove his intent.

  2. #42
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Not even partially accurate. Again race-baiting and racist are a term that have been thrown around so easily and distorted way past their connotation. Just speaking about race is not being a racist or race-baiter. You want to look for a racist check out Jeff Sessions. He got denied his chance on the federal bench because of his overt racist ties.

    "Race baiting is an act of using racially derisive language, actions or other forms of communication, to anger, intimidate or incite a person or groups of people, or to make those persons behave in ways that are inimical to their personal or group interests" (from wiki)

    Now you would have to prove intent here. Does he intend to create anger, to intimidate or incite people? Again the onus would be on the accuser to prove his intent.




    I tried once with you before, you can't see the train standing on the tracks. Tell me why I should bother?



    Obama race baited the Cambridge Police department.

    Obama Race baited in Dreams of my father.

    Obama race baited when he claims he does not "look" like the other canidate.

    Obama race baited when he called his grandmothers racial bigotry "typical of white people"



    These are facts. That "true believers" will never see.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 06:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I tried once with you before, you can't see the train standing on the tracks. Tell me why I should bother?



    Obama race baited the Cambridge Police department.

    Obama Race baited in Dreams of my father.

    Obama race baited when he claims he does not "look" like the other canidate.

    Obama race baited when he called his grandmothers racial bigotry "typical of white people"



    These are facts. That "true believers" will never see.
    Those aren't facts that is your opinion. There's nothing true believer about it you have yet to prove intent. I answered this in the other thread and you tried to laugh it off.

    Race-baiting had nothing to do with him saying that it was wrong for the cop to arrest a guy for being in his own home. If anything he didn't have the whole details but nowhere did race come into it. So you're reaching there.

    I asked you for the paragraph on page 293 that has that quote from Jeremiah Wright you refused to provide it and laughed that off.

    How does Obama making a true statement about not looking like other candidates and having a funny name "create anger, incite people to act differently or intimidate"? If Hillary said she didn't look like other candidates would you call her sexist as well?

    Again Obama explains what he said meaning that his grandmother acted differently towards people she didn't know. Again the onus is on you to prove intent. So far the only thing I'm seeing from you is covert projection.

  4. #44
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Those aren't facts that is your opinion. There's nothing true believer about it you have yet to prove intent. I answered this in the other thread and you tried to laugh it off.

    I successfully laughed it off you mean....


    Oh and add:


    Obama chose a racist latina to be the next SCOTUS judge.


    Race-baiting had nothing to do with him saying that it was wrong for the cop to arrest a guy for being in his own home. If anything he didn't have the whole details but nowhere did race come into it. So you're reaching there.

    Again, someone did not watch the news conference...


    You are the only one, who thinks Obama was making it about race. It's rather pethetic and an uninteresting discussion with you, when you refuse to see the reality...

    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com


    Why is everyone BUT you "True Believer" saying Obama was talking about race?

    This is why its waste of time with you.



    I asked you for the paragraph on page 293 that has that quote from Jeremiah Wright you refused to provide it and laughed that off.


    Nah, I was laughing more at you.... this deflective line of debate is rather sophomoric at best.



    If you think I took it out of context, please by all means, correct the context. Screaming about it without applying logic and said context helps you not...


    How does Obama making a true statement about not looking like other candidates and having a funny name "create anger, incite people to act differently or intimidate"? If Hillary said she didn't look like other candidates would you call her sexist as well?

    It's race baiting. Who cares about his skin color or his name, obviously not a significant amount as he was elected.


    Hillary did not say that, and yes, if she made her campaign about being a woman, then yes she was being sexist.

    McCain's choice of Palin, was based on sexism.



    Again Obama explains what he said meaning that his grandmother acted differently towards people she didn't know. Again the onus is on you to prove intent. So far the only thing I'm seeing from you is covert projection.


    This is sad. Pathetic actually.... Waste of time.



    In his speach he said he could not disown wright any more than her "white" grandmother, who made racial "utterances", etc... Then the next day called that racism, TYPICAL of white people....


    This is the last time I will explain it to you, if you want to pretend reality is not reality, we are done. as you bore me with this drivel.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 07-29-09 at 09:07 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #45
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Well he would have to hate half of himself. Which I imagine would get to him after a while.
    What makes you think that racism is limited to black and white people?

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What makes you think that racism is limited to black and white people?
    Asians are way more racist than blacks. And, have you ever talked to a Latino guy about letting his daughter date a black guy?

    Just a tip...don't do it.

  7. #47
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 06:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I successfully laughed it off you mean....
    Successfully? I'd say it was you backing out on the debate. You say something back it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Oh and add:


    Obama chose a racist latina to be the next SCOTUS judge.
    There is nothing racist about Sotomayor. Again you hear what you want to hear did you read her whole speech? Did you see what the venue was? She stated that a latin woman would be a good judge about racial and sexual discrimination cases. Tell me how often are white males sexually and racially discriminated against? What she said was a true statement. It may be uncomfortable for you, but its not racist.





    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Again, someone did not watch the news conference...


    You are the only one, who thinks Obama was making it about race. It's rather pethetic and an uninteresting discussion with you, when you refuse to see the reality...

    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    No you're the one saying Obama was making it about race not me. I said race had no play in what Obama said about the officers. If he's such a "racist" why invite the officer and gates for a beer if he has such an "intollerance" of white people?


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Why is everyone BUT you "True Believer" saying Obama was talking about race?

    This is why its waste of time with you.
    It's a waste of time because I simply look at the facts and make a decision and not project my own views onto other people like you seem to be doing with Obama. You have yet to prove one thing and when asked to prove it you scuttle off.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nah, I was laughing more at you.... this deflective line of debate is rather sophomoric at best.
    I agree your line of debate has been sophomoric. It's hard to debate with someone who refuses to debate. I'd chalk you up on the same line of logic as the birthers at this point. Again you cannot show me how your cherry picking fits the definition of race-baiting or racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If you think I took it out of context, please by all means, correct the context. Screaming about it without applying logic and said context helps you not...
    I've explained all these claims you made to you twice now. The onus is on you to prove the intent of these claims you're the accuser not me.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It's race baiting. Who cares about his skin color or his name, obviously not a significant amount as he was elected.
    Apparently you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

    Hillary did not say that, and yes, if she made her campaign about being a woman, then yes she was being sexist.
    Really so her crying about being treated unfairly because she was a woman you didn't think that was sexism? Obama didn't make his campaign about being black again you hear what you want to hear because you've already made a conclusion and now you're trying to fit data around your conclusion.
    If Hillary said she looked different than other candidates that would not make her a sexist. Apparently you have problems understanding the definitions of words and what their connotations are. If you'd like I'd mail you a dictionary.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    McCain's choice of Palin, was based on sexism.
    I'd say more chauvinistic. Hillary lost and he thought having a woman not just a woman but a beauty pagent winner on the ticket would push hillary voters to his side. There were more qualified women than Palin including Snowe, Collins, Hutchinson but they would be considered old and not as pretty correct? We can see intent with McCain.

    There is no intent proven with Obama.




    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is sad. Pathetic actually.... Waste of time.



    In his speach he said he could not disown wright any more than her "white" grandmother, who made racial "utterances", etc... Then the next day called that racism, TYPICAL of white people....
    You were the guys making the charge that wrights a racist so he said he could not disown him no more than his grandmother. You guys were expecting him to disown guilt by association. How many people tried to link him to Farrakhan? Again you have yet to prove intent and fulfill the definition of both terms. Without those you have nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is the last time I will explain it to you, if you want to pretend reality is not reality, we are done. as you bore me with this drivel.
    You never explained it the first time. Again you have not proved the definition of the terms race-baiting and racist. But its nice to see you admit you have no substance. I figured as much keep on projecting though.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 07-29-09 at 09:24 AM.

  8. #48
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What makes you think that racism is limited to black and white people?
    Well that seams to be the acussation in question here.

  9. #49
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Successfully? I'd say it was you chickening out on the debate. You say something back it up.

    I'm still here poppy, laughing at you.



    There is nothing racist about Sotomayor. Again you hear what you want to hear did you read her whole speech? Did you see what the venue was? She stated that a latin woman would be a good judge about racial and sexual discrimination cases. Tell me how often are white males sexually and racially discriminated against? What she said was a true statement. It may be uncomfortable for you, but its not racist.



    “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,” -Judge sotomayor


    I can point out so called "sexual harrassment" as easily as any woman latina or not.


    It was a racist statement. You are an apologist....




    No you're the one saying Obama was making it about race not me. I said race had no play in what Obama said about the officers. If he's such a "racist" why invite the officer and gates for a beer if he has such an "intollerance" of white people?

    Sad..... The reason he did that was to save face for stepping in it, you emporer has no clothes.



    It's a waste of time because I simply look at the facts and make a decision and not project my own views onto other people like you seem to be doing with Obama. You have yet to prove one thing and when asked to prove it you scuttle off.

    Nonsense. I proved everything, your response is "Nuh Uh" thats all you have contributed thus far.... Utter FAILURE



    I agree your line of debate has been sophomoric. It's hard to debate with someone who refuses to debate. I'd chalk you up on the same line of logic as the birthers at this point. Again you cannot show me how your cherry picking fits the definition of race-baiting or racism.

    Lets see, you respond with "I know you are but what am I" all while attacking the maturity of my posts? You were going for Irony, weren't you?






    I've explained all these claims you made to you twice now. The onus is on you to prove the intent of these claims you're the accuser not me.

    Nonsense. In your mind maybe, in reality, you have done no such thing.







    Apparently you do.


    Please do not slander me.







    Really so her crying about being treated unfairly because she was a woman you didn't think that was sexism? Obama didn't make his campaign about being black again you hear what you want to hear because you've already made a conclusion and now you're trying to fit data around your conclusion.
    If Hillary said she looked different than other candidates that would not make her a sexist. Apparently you have problems understanding the definitions of words and what their connotations are. If you'd like I'd mail you a dictionary.

    ***yawn*** nothing new or of value here. Made up points I did not make, and arguing what you wanted to argue even though I did not give you the answer you wanted...

    FAIL





    I'd say more chauvinistic. Hillary lost and he thought having a woman not just a woman but a beauty pagent winner on the ticket would push hillary voters to his side. There were more qualified women than Palin including Snowe, Collins, Hutchinson but they would be considered old and not as pretty correct? We can see intent with McCain.


    Talk about speculation!


    There is no intent proven with Obama.

    Much moreso than McCain picked palin cause she hawt.......




    You were the guys making the charge that wrights a racist so he said he could not disown him no more than his grandmother. You guys were expecting him to disown guilt by association. How many people tried to link him to Farrakhan? Again you have yet to prove intent and fulfill the definition of both terms. Without those you have nothing.

    I can only lead a horse to water.... This is getting repetetive and boring.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #50
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 06:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'm still here poppy, laughing at you.
    Poppy? Now by your definition that'd be racist right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life,” -Judge sotomayor


    I can point out so called "sexual harrassment" as easily as any woman latina or not.
    We're talking about how it applies to current case law. As a person who has experienced sexual and racial discrimination she would know quite a bit from experience compared to a white man who hasn't been discriminated against. This is about personal experiences. This is like when Alito said because of his immigrant family and his experiences he has more sensitivity in dealing with immigration cases. Once again you hear what you want to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It was a racist statement. You are an apologist....
    It was not a racist statement quit projecting.




    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Sad..... The reason he did that was to save face for stepping in it, you emporer has no clothes.
    Sure and you have no facts. Again you have yet to prove intent or show how it fits the definition. I thought you were done?



    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense. I proved everything, your response is "Nuh Uh" thats all you have contributed thus far.... Utter FAILURE
    You've proved nothing thus far. I asked how it applies to the definition of the words and you skirted around it. Keep tap dancing.




    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Lets see, you respond with "I know you are but what am I" all while attacking the maturity of my posts? You were going for Irony, weren't you?
    Not even close to what I said. You're the one making the accussations of racism and race-baiting but cannot prove how they fit the definition of the word it seems more like you projecting how you feel off on Obama and other people than what they do themselves.





    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense. In your mind maybe, in reality, you have done no such thing.
    Chalk this up as another copout by you




    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Please do not slander me.
    I'm not slandering you, you've done that yourself. You're the one saying he race-baited the cops but then you said I was the only one saying it was about race? I never said it was about race. You're the one making this about race.




    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    ***yawn*** nothing new or of value here. Made up points I did not make, and arguing what you wanted to argue even though I did not give you the answer you wanted...

    FAIL
    Of course not because you don't have the answer. You make statements but can't prove them. You didn't prove race-baiting or racism and so this is how you copout. Prove it to the definition and you might have a point otherwise you're just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.






    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Talk about speculation!
    No speculation its what happened. Do you not think he'd get hillary voters from Palin?



    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Much moreso than McCain picked palin cause she hawt.......







    I can only lead a horse to water.... This is getting repetetive and boring.
    It's repetitive because you keep tap dancing out of proving the definition. Thus far you have out of context statements which you have yet to fit to the definition of race-baiting and racism.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 07-29-09 at 09:47 AM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •