View Poll Results: Is Obama secretly a racist?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 32.88%
  • No

    49 67.12%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: Is Obama secretly a racist?

  1. #101
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I wonder, when B.O. was coming up, who gave him the most sh** about being a "half-breed? White's or blacks?

    And, how come being half black makes you black? Is it that, in order to be white, one must be "pure?"

    There are so many, subliminal, racial factors surronding this presidency, who can keep up?
    Actually from the newscasts I saw it was whites giving him **** for being a "half-breed". Besides half-breed is a derogatory term and I would appreciate if you not use it anymore. Now what you just said sounded rather bigoted.

  2. #102
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    You are correct. By definition only white males with a job or on retirement can be a racist.
    Strawman. That's not even close to what I said. I said people have been throwing the two terms around without even having a clue what they mean and how they don't fit. It seems you've already made your conclusion based on your personal feelings about the man and not about reality.

  3. #103
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Bobo is not secretly a racist. I would opine that he is and always has been openly a racist.

    Bobo can be understood by looking at his make up: Envy, hate and revenge.
    And you would know this all too well what with your lovely open mind and affection for Muslims in the U.S.? I am of course referring to your posting of the so called "Freedom of Speech in the "new" muslim USA". I wonder, what bothers you more, Muslims living in the U.S. or an African American President? You know what:
    This is ****ed up ..........
    I agree, it is ****ed that so many people are either not honest enough about their prejudices, or ignorant to them.

  4. #104
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Actually from the newscasts I saw it was whites giving him **** for being a "half-breed". Besides half-breed is a derogatory term and I would appreciate if you not use it anymore. Now what you just said sounded rather bigoted.
    Well, first and foremost, all due respect, but I could give 2 shi** what you find to be derogatory or not and I would appreciate you not suggesting what I should or should not say. So I guess that puts us at a stalemate. I used the term to make a point. A point you seemed to pick up on. Go cry somewhere else skippy.

    That being said, moving on, that was my point exactly. I am certain it was the whites that gave Obama the most crap and if he has some inner racial scars over it I can totally understand. If he is apprehensive of white people, given our nature, and given his predicament, what's not to understand?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #105
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, first and foremost, all due respect, but I could give 2 shi** what you find to be derogatory or not and I would appreciate you not suggesting what I should or should not say. So I guess that puts us at a stalemate. I used the term to make a point. A point you seemed to pick up on. Go cry somewhere else skippy.

    That being said, moving on, that was my point exactly. I am certain it was the whites that gave Obama the most crap and if he has some inner racial scars over it I can totally understand. If he is apprehensive of white people, given our nature, and given his predicament, what's not to understand?
    You didn't make a point. Otherwise you wouldn't have needed to use that derogatory term. That's like if I was to use the N-word and claim I was excused because I was making it a point. And yet he isn't the one being apprehensive. He's tried reaching across the aisle on multiple occasions to a party whose leaders consist primarily of white men. Obama isn't the one with the problem its the talking heads on TV like Beck and Pat Robertson who are making the bigoted, incendiary racist remarks
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 08-01-09 at 12:50 AM.

  6. #106
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You didn't make a point. Otherwise you wouldn't have needed to use that derogatory term. That's like if I was to use the N-word and claim I was excused because I was making it a point. And yet he isn't the one being apprehensive. He's tried reaching across the aisle on multiple occasions to a party whose leaders consist primarily of white men. Obama isn't the one with the problem its the talking heads on TV like Beck and Pat Robertson who are making the bigoted, incendiary racist remarks
    Did the quotation mark around the "word" in question not give you a clue skippy?

    Take your politically correct whining and go hug some tree with it. You will turn blue in the face before you will convince anyone here, (of logical capability,) that I am the type person you allege.

    You should know who you are talking about before you start making your opinionated allegations, short-timer. Or do you take your ques from the President?

    Words on a screen leave a lot to the imagination. There are no voice tones, facial expressions or other tools we use in face-to-face communicating. Therefore, we use "quote marks" or italics or some other method when we are stepping off the path, to make a point, using sarcasm, or many other cybor-tools at our disposal (ie: smileys, etc.)

    But since your new here, I'm gonna give you a pass. But you should know what and who your talking about before you go blowing out your piehole Jr.

    He's tried reaching across the aisle on multiple occasions to a party whose leaders consist primarily of white men.
    I agree. What's your point?

    its the talking heads on TV like Beck and Pat Robertson who are making the bigoted, incendiary racist remarks
    I agree. Except you forgot to mention Limbaugh, Houlter, Hannity, O'reilly. Again, what's your point son?
    Last edited by Captain America; 08-01-09 at 01:28 AM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #107
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Did the quotation mark around the "word" in question not give you a clue skippy?

    Take your politically correct whining and go hug some tree with it. You will turn blue in the face before you will convince anyone here, (of logical capability,) that I am the type person you allege.
    Putting it in quotes doesn't make it any less offensive it would be the same as if I talked about Oreilly being a "mick" and put it in quotes. No less offensive. Actually tree hugging had more to do with environmentalism than being pc, try not to conflate the two separate forms of activism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post

    You should know who you are talking about before you start making your opinionated allegations, short-timer. Or do you take your ques from the President?
    Yeah because he just sends out notices to everyone on how to talk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Words on a screen leave a lot to the imagination. There are no voice tones, facial expressions or other tools we use in face-to-face communicating. Therefore, we use "quote marks" or italics or some other method when we are stepping off the path, to make a point, using sarcasm, or many other cybor-tools at our disposal (ie: smileys, etc.)
    I understand that but still you could have made your point without using a slang derogatory term.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    But since your new here, I'm gonna give you a pass. But you should know what and who your talking about before you go blowing out your piehole Jr.



    I agree. What's your point?



    I agree. Except you forgot to mention Limbaugh, Houlter, Hannity, O'reilly. Again, what's your point son?
    Limbaugh isn't on TV that's why I didn't include him. Beck and Robertson have been pretty recent and should be fresh on everyone's minds. Coulter is just an idiot I don't think we should even give her mention or else everyone will have to shower afterwards. Hannity I haven't seen be so much a racist but the dropout buffoon he comes across as

  8. #108
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,674

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You didn't make a point. Otherwise you wouldn't have needed to use that derogatory term. That's like if I was to use the N-word and claim I was excused because I was making it a point. And yet he isn't the one being apprehensive. He's tried reaching across the aisle on multiple occasions to a party whose leaders consist primarily of white men. Obama isn't the one with the problem its the talking heads on TV like Beck and Pat Robertson who are making the bigoted, incendiary racist remarks
    You said "N-word!" (<---- notice the quotes? )

    You RACIST you!

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitas View Post
    No, but maybe you are. If you see someone extending their hand in effort to halt racism (whether it backfired or not) as racist, than maybe you are secretly racist. No, you're probably just really paranoid.


    Please refrain from attacking other members of DP
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #110
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Is Obama secretly a racist?

    It's so many shades of gray to figure out what feelings he truly has that I have nearly come to the conclusion that I no longer give a damn.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 08-01-09 at 03:29 AM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •