View Poll Results: Which best describes your position

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer socialist health care

    5 13.16%
  • I prefer free market health care

    23 60.53%
  • I prefer something in between

    10 26.32%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

  1. #21
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because your extremist interpretation of my post is consistent with your extremist interpretion of pretty much everyone's posts that you disagree with. Goodbye.
    So long, sparky....but you didn't answer the question, now did you? tsk tsk tsk

  2. #22
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    07-26-09 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    I think to simply categorise a nation's method for providing health care for it's citizenry as capitalist or socialist is a very narrow manner of handling the core issues at stake. For instance, the moment an avarage American hears the word 'socialism' being banded together with healthcare, automatically alarm bells are set; one begins to imagine the United States healthcare going the 'soviet' or 'cuban' direction! Why! this is a highly charged ideological term that accomplishes little more than panic. That said, isn't it true that NO ECONOMIC SYSTEM ON THE PLANET IS 100% CAPITALIST NOT EVEN THE OL' US of A's! Now, why don't we call all such economies, the US included, socialist? The fact is, what Obama wants to introduce is a mixed healthcare service even as the America economy, itself, is a mixed economy and I feel to shoot down his concept on the basis of ideological definitions is unfair, to say the least. It's obvious, from the 48 million plus Americans not covered by medicare currently, that the present health delivery structure has major failings and that injections of fresh ideas into the system would be most beneficial. If anything, health is too vital a public issue to leave in the hands of entreprenuers solely.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,074

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Proconsul View Post
    I think to simply categorise a nation's method for providing health care for it's citizenry as capitalist or socialist is a very narrow manner of handling the core issues at stake. For instance, the moment an avarage American hears the word 'socialism' being banded together with healthcare, automatically alarm bells are set; one begins to imagine the United States healthcare going the 'soviet' or 'cuban' direction! Why! this is a highly charged ideological term that accomplishes little more than panic. That said, isn't it true that NO ECONOMIC SYSTEM ON THE PLANET IS 100% CAPITALIST NOT EVEN THE OL' US of A's! Now, why don't we call all such economies, the US included, socialist? The fact is, what Obama wants to introduce is a mixed healthcare service even as the America economy, itself, is a mixed economy and I feel to shoot down his concept on the basis of ideological definitions is unfair, to say the least. It's obvious, from the 48 million plus Americans not covered by medicare currently, that the present health delivery structure has major failings and that injections of fresh ideas into the system would be most beneficial. If anything, health is too vital a public issue to leave in the hands of entreprenuers solely.
    This particular HCP is not just about socialism. It's about loosing rights. Go over the bill...see what they are doing. I even made a thread about this...I'll link to the bill and to the thread.

    Thread Link (So whats in the HC bill?)

    PDF of HCP
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #24
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The entire concept is flawed from the premise. Think about it logically for one second. Unless the corporation is altruistic (and tell me one corporation that is)....it is in the corporations interest to deny services in order to maximize their profits.

    Why would you want a system where a company makes more profit by denying services?
    That would only be true if they denied most people payment for services which clearly isn't what's happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Additionally....the corporation maximizes its profits by insuring only the "healthy" leaving those with pre-existing conditions no option.

    Then, in order to maximize profits, the corporation will look for every possible loophole to deny coverage, deny services and to cancel the policy if at all possible when the "healthy" insured becomes ill.
    People with pre existing conditions can get covered by insurance, it's a lie to believe otherwise.
    The vast majority of the time no one is denied or has their insurance canceled.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Slithering Rainbow View Post
    I want socialist healthcare. I lived without healthcare for years, and it was awful.
    You ever hear of health insurance?

  6. #26
    User Slithering Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-07-09 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    114

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You ever hear of health insurance?
    I couldn't afford it, even working full time, and my job didn't offer it.

  7. #27
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    07-26-09 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Business has consistently landed us in the cold by virtue of greedy and other such vices. are we know to trust them with the dearest of possession; our healths and ultimately our lives?

  8. #28
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-10-16 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,925

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    What I found incredibly ironic is what Obama said in his Press Conference yesterday. He said that medicare and medicaid were one of the leading causes of our accumulating national debt. He then advocated government-run healthcare, even after acknowledging that government run medicare/medicaid was a huge problem. Huh? It got worse when he said he would use other health care funds for his healthcare plan. Funds to pay off medicare and medicaid you mean? Where is he getting this money?

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,074

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    What I found incredibly ironic is what Obama said in his Press Conference yesterday. He said that medicare and medicaid were one of the leading causes of our accumulating national debt. He then advocated government-run healthcare, even after acknowledging that government run medicare/medicaid was a huge problem. Huh? It got worse when he said he would use other health care funds for his healthcare plan. Funds to pay off medicare and medicaid you mean? Where is he getting this money?
    One of the other things he said is that no money is going into medicare. If that's true then what is the $45 premium that my dad pays every month going towards?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,074

    Re: Majority of Americans Now Reject Obama's War On Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Proconsul View Post
    Business has consistently landed us in the cold by virtue of greedy and other such vices. are we know to trust them with the dearest of possession; our healths and ultimately our lives?
    Did you not read my post?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •