View Poll Results: Are you willing to be fined for simply living?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    2 11.11%
  • No.

    12 66.67%
  • Don't care one way or the other. IT'S HEALTH INSURENCE!!!

    4 22.22%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Are you willing...

  1. #31
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And if a doctor wants to treat you without receiving payment, that's on him/her. Same as a hospital. What I am suggesting is that no longer will there be regulations requiring any charity care, and no longer will the government subsidize ANY healthcare that is not covered or paid for, regardless of situation.
    Should have been that way from the get go.

  2. #32
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,228

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And if a doctor wants to treat you without receiving payment, that's on him/her. Same as a hospital. What I am suggesting is that no longer will there be regulations requiring any charity care, and no longer will the government subsidize ANY healthcare that is not covered or paid for, regardless of situation.
    CC for president? You have my vote.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,940

    Re: Are you willing...

    I'm a poor person. I would easily qualify for Obama's HCP. But I don't want it. I do believe in personal responsibility and have always paid all my bills without insurence. Yes it does take me time to pay off big bills like hospital bills. But I DO pay them.

    Tell me CC, under your idea how would one such as me be treated? No insurence, no credit (I pay for everything in cash) yet pays any and all bills unfailingly no matter how long it takes.

    Going by my credit score only would more than likely immediately disqualify me as I have no credit.

    No insurence...well guess no service then.

    Yet I'm willing and capable of paying off my bills, even if they do take time to pay off.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,700

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'm a poor person. I would easily qualify for Obama's HCP. But I don't want it. I do believe in personal responsibility and have always paid all my bills without insurence. Yes it does take me time to pay off big bills like hospital bills. But I DO pay them.

    Tell me CC, under your idea how would one such as me be treated? No insurence, no credit (I pay for everything in cash) yet pays any and all bills unfailingly no matter how long it takes.

    Going by my credit score only would more than likely immediately disqualify me as I have no credit.

    No insurence...well guess no service then.

    Yet I'm willing and capable of paying off my bills, even if they do take time to pay off.
    You have two choices. Pay for the healthcare that you need/want, or pay into the government plan. You may not want the government plan, but why should it be the government's responsibility to pay for your health care when you had options, and just choose not to utilize them?

    The plan that I am proposing is a personal responsibility plan. You don't like government healthcare? Fine. You have other choices. But if you do not choose them, do not come crying to the government to pay for your healthcare. I wonder how much money the government would save if MY idea was part of the plan?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #35
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    06-16-16 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,928

    Re: Are you willing...

    intresting subject, anyone having problems linking to social groups? hmmmm
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,700

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    CC for president? You have my vote.
    My idea is a great mesh between liberal government assistance, and conservative personal responsibility. Truly bipartisan. And like I said in my other post. I wonder how much money it would save the government if the government no longer subsidized ANY healthcare for persons who had a choice but decided not to use it?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,700

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    intresting subject, anyone having problems linking to social groups? hmmmm
    An interlude. vauge thought he fixed it and is on it. He's been busy with overall server maintenance this weekend. I'll remind him.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Fine, then you agree people who lack health insurance should be summarily denied treatment regardless of the circumstances? Unless, of course, you were planning on having your health care and eating it too?
    No part of this conversation was, is, or ever will be about emergency care.

    Let's be clear on that.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Are you willing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, in my "opt out" plan, that is precisely what I am suggesting. I keep hearing about personal responsibility, and "the government doesn't have the right to tell ME I have to have health insurance." Fine. If there is a government plan, and you opt out of it (not paying the tax that would be applied to it), and don't buy private health insurance, if you have a catastrophic illness and cannot afford to pay for it, NO government subsidy. Personal responsibility and all.
    Although you pinpointed the ideological issue I was trying to identify, I would not support such a policy in reality.

    Refusing people immediate, life-saving treatment is not an option, even if they acted totally irresponsibly by opting out of government health insurance (which I DO NOT support in the first place) AND refusing to purchase private insurance.

    Are we really going to entertain the idea of letting a gun-shot victim expire in a hospital because they don't have insurance? I say, if society must subsidize the costs of certain kinds of health care then people who force such costs upon society should be held civilly and perhaps criminally liable. You'll recieve the treatment but once you're better you might:

    a. Owe lots of money - the irony of even being alive to pay us back notwithstanding.

    b. Face charges of criminal negligence. This would be prudent if:

    1. The person is incapable or unwilling to pay back the funds.

    2. The person was injured as a consequence of risky or irrational behavior.

    I SUPPOSE if people really wanted to, they could be given the option of refusing treatment in the ER. They'll be dead but at least the won't be in debt or dead, right?

  10. #40
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    06-16-16 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,928

    Re: Are you willing...

    My health insurance is far to expensive. I used to use the Veterans Administration for my healthcare. I am now paying over $400 a month and we are being told to expect an increase this fall. Something has got to be done. How about tort reform. Maybe if doctors wern't being sued so much malpractice insurance wouldn't be so expensive for them.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 07-19-09 at 11:26 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •