View Poll Results: If Meth Were Legal, Would You Use It?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    0 0%
  • No.

    87 100.00%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 142

Thread: If Meth Was Legalized...

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Addiction rates for meth are staggeringly high, and only about 7% of those who go through treatment will successfully kick their addiction. I understand the pro-drug-legalization argument here, but there are some drugs that, IMO, should never be legalized because they are dangerously toxic. Meth is one of those drugs.

  2. #62
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Addiction rates for meth are staggeringly high, and only about 7% of those who go through treatment will successfully kick their addiction. I understand the pro-drug-legalization argument here, but there are some drugs that, IMO, should never be legalized because they are dangerously toxic. Meth is one of those drugs.
    Just the fact that the cooking process for this particular drug involves using brake fluid should be a tip off that it's not a good idea to consume it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Just the fact that the cooking process for this particular drug involves using brake fluid should be a tip off that it's not a good idea to consume it.
    And lye...always good for the skin, teeth and hair. Yum, yum.

  4. #64
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    And lye...always good for the skin, teeth and hair. Yum, yum.
    Lye is also used in extracting DMT from the Mimosa Hostilis. It's only going to hurt you if you are unprepared for the task at hand.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #65
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Lye is also used in extracting DMT from the Mimosa Hostilis. It's only going to hurt you if you are unprepared for the task at hand.
    Oh, I'd say no one is ever prepared to ingest it though.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #66
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Oh, I'd say no one is ever prepared to ingest it though.
    Then do not ingest it. Rubber gloves, safety glasses and a surgical mask are all things easily obtained which keep you protected from lye.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #67
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Then do not ingest it. Rubber gloves, safety glasses and a surgical mask are all things easily obtained which keep you protected from lye.
    True, but let's think about the people who cook this stuff, if they get the mix just wrong you're pretty much screwed, you'll get either too much lye or brake fluid in the product, not good.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Then do not ingest it. Rubber gloves, safety glasses and a surgical mask are all things easily obtained which keep you protected from lye.
    You can't tell me that lye doesn't leave a toxic residue in the final product.

  9. #69
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You can't tell me that lye doesn't leave a toxic residue in the final product.
    Would you like to prove that it does or just continue to speculate?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #70
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: If Meth Was Legalized...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    True, but let's think about the people who cook this stuff, if they get the mix just wrong you're pretty much screwed, you'll get either too much lye or brake fluid in the product, not good.
    Well I can only speak to the individuals performing DMT extractions and they're a bit smarter than your average meth head.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •