View Poll Results: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush went AWOL

    19 18.10%
  • Bush stole the elections(2000 and or 2004)

    23 21.90%
  • Bush lied to get us into war(Afghanistan and or Iraq)

    52 49.52%
  • Bush masterminded 9-11

    5 4.76%
  • Obama is not a natural born citizen

    15 14.29%
  • Obama is a Muslim.

    13 12.38%
  • None of the above.

    35 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Well, the same guy that rid the military of Rumsfeld enlisted Lake, Nasr, and Patreaus. In the end, our elected Presidents are only as wise as their advisors, especially those who have no military experience yet order the charge of those who do.
    Forgive me, I thought Dubya gained military experience defending the sky above Texas, from those deadly North Vietnamese, long range, tactical ricksaw bombers?

  2. #32
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,037

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    Forgive me, I thought Dubya gained military experience defending the sky above Texas, from those deadly North Vietnamese, long range, tactical ricksaw bombers?
    Bush was in the Army National Guard Reserve. Therefore, he has no military experience. Clinton started a White House tradition. What is your point?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Bush went AWOL - I do not believe he fully complied 110% with his commitment to the National Guard, but that is hardly the issue. The entire reason he was there in the first place was due to his class and political patronage. There is nothing wrong with the honesty of one saying they simply do not want to get shot at. But for one to be FOR a war they where unwilling to serve is despicable. Remember, he did run against Gore (U.S. Army- Vietnam) and Kerry (Navy-Vietnam), both of whom could have easily used their own class and connections to avoid serving. Hypocrite yes, AWOL who cares.

    Bush stole the elections(2000 and or 2004) - Bush did not steal the election, but I think it is safe to say that the 2000 was certainly contentious, problematic, etc.. The positive was that the issue was brought to the forefront on how we conduct elections and their efficiencies. As for 2004, sure there are questions, but that does not equate to a "conspiracy", but rather that the lessons of 2000 were not learned. Both simply show that the process needs vast improvement, something both sides need to get behind.

    Bush lied to get us into war(Afghanistan and or Iraq) - This is a no-brainer. They tied their message to facts known to be false or misleading. Afghanistan needed no lies and distortions, this was justified.

    Bush masterminded 9-11 - Tinfoil hat time. Hell, why stop with Bush, let's throw in the Tri-Lateral Commission. Better yet, why not add Castro and the Mafia to this conspiracy. Incompetence at ignoring the warnings, the NSC briefings, and their own Counter-Terrorism czar yes.

    Obama is not a natural born citizen - Tinfoil? I have to suspect a lot of the birthers are less concerned with the conspiracy and more interesting in exploiting hatred and fears.

    Obama is a Muslim. - Muslim? It is not even worth arguing. What is troubling is the mere argument, as if the equation of a religion automatically is a sign of something. So then what is the difference now in anti-Islamic and Antisemitism? Why not add Mormons as well. Why stop with religion, why not shoot for race as well? I know, let's target all Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Mormons, Hispanics, Arabs, Africans, Asians, etc..
    This pretty much says it all

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    I believe they'd look rather similar after you scrape off their skin and dunk them in Tabasco sauce.

  5. #35
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    You should have added " They are owned by the same masters"--Bankers
    Thank you

  6. #36
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Bush was in the Army National Guard Reserve. Therefore, he has no military experience. Clinton started a White House tradition. What is your point?
    I don't think anyone really STARTED that tradition...it's just a result of our nation's history. We haven't really fought any large-scale wars since WWII, or even any medium-scale wars since Vietnam. Vets of those wars are reaching the age when they're too old to be seriously considered for the presidency.

    The chances that we'll ever have a veteran of Desert Storm, Kosovo, Afghanistan, or Iraq serving as president are probably less than 50-50, IMO. There just aren't that many of them compared to the size of the population.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #37
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,037

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I don't think anyone really STARTED that tradition...it's just a result of our nation's history. We haven't really fought any large-scale wars since WWII, or even any medium-scale wars since Vietnam. Vets of those wars are reaching the age when they're too old to be seriously considered for the presidency.

    The chances that we'll ever have a veteran of Desert Storm, Kosovo, Afghanistan, or Iraq serving as president are probably less than 50-50, IMO. There just aren't that many of them compared to the size of the population.
    It's also not fashionable to wear a uniform. Since Vietnam, our elite has disdained military service as something to scoff at. The whiners and cowards of the universities circa the 1960s are now our nations leaders. And their children will and do learn from their parents. The result of this is a Democratic Party riding the backs of our military from one effort to another throughout the 90s and led by a hypocrit that ran from military service yet assumes the role of sending off to kill for him. Another result is a Republican Party sending the military off into the Middle East on a massive scale led by a man who voiced his pointless and pathetic National Guard time over the skies of America as "military experience" and the disasterous mishandlings of a SECDEF that denied the voice of our most experienced Generals. And today we see another result where a President is more concerned about political points in the media over a dead civilian or two than allowing his military (which he is increasing in theater) to protect itself properly.

    Another horrible result is the Defense Industry's ability to run all over our politicians and dictate how they spend our money with little understanding of what their military needs or requires to fight the battles and wars they are all too quick to send into harms way. When politicians get big things wrong, they still get reelected. When academics get big things wrong, they get tenure. When military officers get even the smallest thing wrong, people die. This gives our military leaders a seriousness we rarely encounter elsewhere. Somehow, the deadly theories our academics hatch up in a classroom or the death incurred due to bad decisions making of civilians in suits its glossed over. And when our politicians, who have no military experience and assume to know better than the duty experts, make bad decisions and force our military to defy histories lessons on warfare they are more murderous and dangerous than even our enemies.

    And everything has a start.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-20-09 at 03:49 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #38
    Student MikeVFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VT
    Last Seen
    01-24-12 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    276

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    if anyone answers yes to any of those questions they shouldn't be allowed to post (due to intellectual deficiencies) although obama's refusal to come up w/ a birth certificate is a little shoddy

  9. #39
    Student 75Greeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-19-13 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    266

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    the bush ones are just plain stupid

  10. #40
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    It's also not fashionable to wear a uniform. Since Vietnam, our elite has disdained military service as something to scoff at. The whiners and cowards of the universities circa the 1960s are now our nations leaders. And their children will and do learn from their parents. The result of this is a Democratic Party riding the backs of our military from one effort to another throughout the 90s and led by a hypocrit that ran from military service yet assumes the role of sending off to kill for him. Another result is a Republican Party sending the military off into the Middle East on a massive scale led by a man who voiced his pointless and pathetic National Guard time over the skies of America as "military experience" and the disasterous mishandlings of a SECDEF that denied the voice of our most experienced Generals. And today we see another result where a President is more concerned about political points in the media over a dead civilian or two than allowing his military (which he is increasing in theater) to protect itself properly.
    I disagree. There is no disdain for military service in this country...the numbers of veterans has simply declined dramatically from one generation to the next. I live in one of the most liberal cities in America, and I have never encountered anyone who doesn't like military service. And let's not forget that both the Democrats (2004) and Republicans (2008) recently nominated a decorated Vietnam veteran for the presidency. However, it may be the last time for a while. If there aren't any veterans of, say, Desert Storm that make it to the White House, it won't be because "it's not fashionable to wear a uniform." It will be because there just aren't that many of them, because we haven't fought any major wars recently, because the world is a much safer place today.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •