View Poll Results: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush went AWOL

    19 18.10%
  • Bush stole the elections(2000 and or 2004)

    23 21.90%
  • Bush lied to get us into war(Afghanistan and or Iraq)

    52 49.52%
  • Bush masterminded 9-11

    5 4.76%
  • Obama is not a natural born citizen

    15 14.29%
  • Obama is a Muslim.

    13 12.38%
  • None of the above.

    35 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

  1. #11
    User JustinDeeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Last Seen
    07-22-09 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Well I think bush lied but I think Cheney was behind it all.
    Not much of a fan.

    Bush = Puppet
    Cheney = Puppet Master
    There is a popular Chinese maxim: "The hat is good, the shoes are good. However, if you put the hat on your feet, and the shoes on your head, then both become useless."

  2. #12
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Only a conspiracy theorist could ignore the overwhelming facts that the Bush administration lied us into a war.

    Iraq: The War Card - The Center for Public Integrity

    snippet:

    President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

    Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.


    On at least 532 separate occasions (in speeches, briefings, interviews, testimony, and the like), Bush and these three key officials, along with Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, and White House press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan, stated unequivocally that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (or was trying to produce or obtain them), links to Al Qaeda, or both. This concerted effort was the underpinning of the Bush administration's case for war.


    It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to Al Qaeda. This was the conclusion of numerous bipartisan government investigations, including those by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (2004 and 2006), the 9/11 Commission, and the multinational Iraq Survey Group, whose "Duelfer Report" established that Saddam Hussein had terminated Iraq's nuclear program in 1991 and made little effort to restart it.


    In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003. Not surprisingly, the officials with the most opportunities to make speeches, grant media interviews, and otherwise frame the public debate also made the most false statements, according to this first-ever analysis of the entire body of prewar rhetoric.

  3. #13
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Only a conspiracy theorist could ignore the overwhelming facts that the Bush administration lied us into a war.

    Iraq: The War Card - The Center for Public Integrity

    snippet:
    I think a lot of the Bush lied to get us into war,bush stole the elections and other conspiracy theorist nuts have no business calling the Obama birth truffers or the 9-11 truffers a bunch of kooks or crack pot conspiracy theorist. Its like the pot calling the kettle black.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #14
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Replace "lied" with "mislead, ignored key evidence and overstated" to get us into Iraq and I'll buy that.

    I need Nixon like tapes to accept he lied.

    But I also believe Obama is a secret Closet Gay, Godzilla, Terrorist Zombie Muslim.

    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #15
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Replace "lied" with "mislead, ignored key evidence and overstated" to get us into Iraq and I'll buy that.

    I need Nixon like tapes to accept he lied.
    Isn't saying he "mislead, ignored key evidence, and overstated" just a polite way of saying he lied?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post



    This one is an obvious yes. He very plainly wanted to invade Iraq from the first day he was in office, and manipulated the evidence to do so.
    To bad all the evidence proves conclusively that he did no such thing in that the claims for WMD were not manipulated but in fact the conclusion of all 16 members of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

  7. #17
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Isn't saying he "mislead, ignored key evidence, and overstated" just a polite way of saying he lied?
    No. To be a liar, one must know that what they pass off as the truth is in fact false. To mislead is to push things that one is not entirely sure of as the truth. Misleading does not have the element of knowingly passing off false information as the truth. One may be uncertain, but that does not equate to knowing what you say is downright untrue.

    Nixon was lying about his involvement in Watergate as the tapes proved. He knew his statements on his innocence were false. We do not have the same information on Bush. At best we can argue he mislead, ignored key evidence and overstated the threat.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #18
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    No. To be a liar, one must know that what they pass off as the truth is in fact false. To mislead is to push things that one is not entirely sure of as the truth. Misleading does not have the element of knowingly passing off false information as the truth. One may be uncertain, but that does not equate to knowing what you say is downright untrue.

    Nixon was lying about his involvement in Watergate as the tapes proved. He knew his statements on his innocence were false. We do not have the same information on Bush. At best we can argue he mislead, ignored key evidence and overstated the threat.
    OK, but that seems like a pretty small distinction. I'm not sure that willfully ignoring evidence that you don't WANT to know about, is any more honest than actually knowing about it and making false claims. It just seems like a different kind of lying to me.

    Here's an example...let's say I'm approached by some shady Mexicans with known ties to drug cartels, who ask me to move some boxes of tacos across the border for them. They offer to pay me more than the value of those boxes of tacos, and they advise me to do anything possible to avoid getting stopped at the border.

    If I don't bother to check to see if there are actually tacos in the box, I doubt the police will be impressed by my story when they arrest me for cocaine trafficking. Did I know that I was doing anything illegal? Well, technically no...but my actions were hardly honest.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    OK, but that seems like a pretty small distinction. I'm not sure that willfully ignoring evidence that you don't WANT to know about, is any more honest than actually knowing about it and making false claims. It just seems like a different kind of lying to me.
    Perhaps, and you have a point there. But we don't have evidence that Bush outright knew that the evidence contrary to his belief was actually presented. Apparently, from what I read, he was fed information from various sources who did not report the entire situation to him. So I guess my point on ignoring key information is really about the entire administration rather than him in particular. Last I recall, Bush didn't get briefed on Curveball's shadiness nor the various red flags German and Chezk intel raised on him and his claims. Nor was Bush briefed on Chalabi's ulterior motives. No question that more or less the entire intelligence operation was snafued.

    Here's an example...let's say I'm approached by some shady Mexicans with known ties to drug cartels, who ask me to move some boxes of tacos across the border for them. They offer to pay me more than the value of those boxes of tacos, and they advise me to do anything possible to avoid getting stopped at the border.

    If I don't bother to check to see if there are actually tacos in the box, I doubt the police will be impressed by my story when they arrest me for cocaine trafficking. Did I know that I was doing anything illegal? Well, technically no...but my actions were hardly honest.
    No, they wouldn't be, but you'd have more or less good suspicion on what the boxes had. IMO, Bush was an idiot and Rove was his brain. Bush not getting the full picture much less even briefings on important subjects like Curveball's shadiness more or less takes him out of your analogy. So thus, Bush would be more or less the driver of your vehicle who you'd hired to take you across the border but given little if any more information beyond where you needed to go and when.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: What are the things about Obama and Bush do you believe?

    Here is a VERY good video that explains perfectly what's going on and how everything ties in...

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEpp9E6aJGw"]YouTube - REAL REASON WHY USA & ISRAEL WILL ATTACK IRAN[/ame]
    Last edited by creativedreams; 07-19-09 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •