View Poll Results: Do you think Michael Jackson ever molested any kids?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 40.48%
  • No

    22 52.38%
  • Probably, but I would have voted to acquit him for lack of evidence

    3 7.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

  1. #21
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Here's my reasoning.

    He has a thing for kids, so he invites them all over and lets them sleep in his bed, etc. Weird, but not necessarily proof of anything. Then, the first kid accuses him of molestation and the world goes crazy. Huge scandal, ruins his image, costs him millions, etc. Let's say that that accusation was a total lie and that he never did anything with that kid.

    What would a reasonable person do in that situation? Everything possible to stay the **** away from little boys or any appearance of impropriety. If you've been accused of molesting kids, you never go near a kid again. The fact that he continued to invite kids over and do the same things after that indicates to me that there is something seriously wrong in his head, which makes it all the more plausible for me to believe that he did do shady **** with some kids.
    Or an alternative explanation:
    He simply was not "a reasonable person." Does that mean he's a child molester?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-16-09 at 10:51 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post

    Those kids are loaded. They'll be fine in the end. Love just ain't enough to overcome the problems of having a parent who is bug-nuts crazy and willing to dangle them over a balcony to get some attention for himself.
    If he wasn't Michael Jackson, he wouldn't have had custody of those children in the first place.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #23
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    If he wasn't Michael Jackson, he wouldn't have had custody of those children in the first place.
    Yes he would. Their mother didn't want them. She was basically just a surrogate who bore his children as a favor to him.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Yes he would. Their mother didn't want them. She was basically just a surrogate who bore his children as a favor to him.
    If a different guy, making $35,000 a year, was seen dangling his kid off a balcony, and was known by the community at large, to have slept with children in his bed, and exposed himself to children, and all the other things claimed, CPS would break through the doors to get those kids.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #25
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    If a different guy, making $35,000 a year, was seen dangling his kid off a balcony, and was known by the community at large, to have slept with children in his bed, and exposed himself to children, and all the other things claimed, CPS would break through the doors to get those kids.
    I disagree. There was no evidence that he exposed himself to any children. Sleeping in a bed with children is not illegal. As for dangling his kid off a balcony...that would certainly be child endangerment, but I doubt an isolated incident would be enough for CPS to permanently take away his kids.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-16-09 at 10:59 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Here's my reasoning.

    He has a thing for kids, so he invites them all over and lets them sleep in his bed, etc. Weird, but not necessarily proof of anything. Then, the first kid accuses him of molestation and the world goes crazy. Huge scandal, ruins his image, costs him millions, etc. Let's say that that accusation was a total lie and that he never did anything with that kid.

    What would a reasonable person do in that situation?
    We're not talking about a reasonable person - quite the opposite actually.

    Everything possible to stay the **** away from little boys or any appearance of impropriety.[/B] If you've been accused of molesting kids, you never go near a kid again. The fact that he continued to invite kids over and do the same things after that indicates to me that there is something seriously wrong in his head, which makes it all the more plausible for me to believe that he did do shady **** with some kids.
    I don't think an inclination towards pedophilia is necessarily dependent upon mental illness. Obviously, there will always be some mental illness inherent to pedophilia, but it certainly isn't a clear indicator of potential.

    Many pedophiles, in fact, are quite astute at hiding their desires and actions from the public at large, either maintaining a complex duel identity or simply withdrawing from society altogether. Michael Jackson fits neither one of these descriptions.

    Not all pedophiles are demonstrably neurotic, and not all people who are demonstrably neurotic are pedophiles.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I disagree. There was no evidence that he exposed himself to any children. Sleeping in a bed with children is not illegal. As for dangling his kid off a balcony...that would certainly be child endangerment, but I doubt an isolated incident would be enough for CPS to permanently take away his kids.
    Just because you are wearing white gloves in your avatar, doesn't mean you have to defend him. It's ok, really......
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  8. #28
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What makes you think he did it for attention? How does it even make sense to claim he slept with kids for attention, when he didn't publicly admit to it until he was specifically asked about it during a documentary?
    With dangling the kid, it was obviously attention. With sleeping wiht the kids it was THEIR attention he sought.


    He was starting to go a bit crazy by 1993, but certainly not as much as he was by the end of his life.
    It was progressive. And he brought all his later hardship on himself by making really stupid decisions.


    It also wasn't a conviction. What makes you think he was guilty? The kid's family was obviously interested in extorting as much money from him as possible, instead of sending him to prison.
    I didn't say he was guilty. You said he was innocent by claiming that the claims were false. I said "I don't know for sure" because I'm being honest. You don't know for sure, either, so when you say they are "false accusations" you are lying.

    You honestly don't know what the kids family was interested in doing. You really don't. you ASSUME that's what they were doing, but you don't know. teh only person making blanket statements is you.


    I'm not suggesting he didn't make any mistakes in his life. But a lot of the things that led him down that path (the molestation allegations, his own childhood abuse, etc) were the result of petty people taking advantage of him. This is what I think makes him such a tragic figure.
    I just want to point out that most child abusers were also abused as children. I find it humorous that when the sympathy card is being played for him, his childhood is often brought up as a reason to pity him, but it isn't ever brought up as a legitimate argument about why there may indeed be some degree of validity to the charges against him.

    I really don't pity him all that much. I personally know many more people who have had far ****tier lives without ANY of the benefits and opportunities he had. Sucks for him that he didn't have a childhood. It would've sucked more if he had to work in a sweat shop in the Congo. To me, it's about as tragic than the canceling of My Name is Earl.

    I think having loving parents is a hell of a lot more important to a child's upbringing than being wealthy...but that's just me.
    I think a mentally stable parent is FAR more important than just love and just money.

    You've accused their mother of being a gold-digger but won't even entertain the idea that Michael was a dangerously unstable parent who proved himself to be willing to endanger his children for the lols.

    Does being a gold digger make her an unfit mother? Not really.

    Does dangling one's kid off of a balconey make one an unfit father? Oh hell ****ing yeah it does.

    Does sleeping in the same bed with children that aren't yours even after you've been accused of molestation show that you are an unfit parent? Yes.

    Does being a drug addict worsen this unfit parenting? Of course.

    Can you tell me one quality about this guy outside of "he loved his kids" that displays he was in any way shape or form a fit parent?

  9. #29
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Just because you are wearing white gloves in your avatar, doesn't mean you have to defend him. It's ok, really......
    I think I'm going to be MJ for Halloween this year. That would be an awesome costume.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #30
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,368

    Re: Do you think MJ ever molested any kids?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Yes he would. Their mother didn't want them. She was basically just a surrogate who bore his children as a favor to him.
    If he wasn't rich, those kids would never have been purchased, caused they weren't made with his baby batter, that's for sure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •