View Poll Results: Does this infringe on the right to have an abortion

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 42.62%
  • No

    35 57.38%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 164

Thread: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

  1. #141
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    How many people can recognize logical fallacies on this board?
    Asking you to what effect your argument actually had isnt a logical fallacy.

  2. #142
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    LOL!! You can't afford a gun, so we're going to put you up in jail and pay for your food and shelter there.
    Thats what happens to people that break the law.
    Not sure why you think your argument here has any teeth.

    Sounds like the Taliban to me. Yep.
    And to think you spoke of logical fallacies.
    This one is a 'non-sequitur'.

    Yes, this was my point. Do you think the gov't should tell you that you have to provide health care for the old and the poor, or not? If you say no, then you can't be in favor of "such silliness" as the gov't expecting compliance on telling people to own guns. You both argue for and against a system of doing things depending on whether you happen to agree with the particular topic at that particular time.
    On the contrary -- I am arguing that the practice then was as accepted as the practice today.

  3. #143
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wow you really have no clue how a democratic republic works?
    Can't answer the question, eh?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Jesus Christ you pro-choicers are so ****ing ignorant.
    Excuse me, but are you really claiming that ALL pro-choicers are "so ****ing ignorant"? Seriously? That sounds a lot like someone saying, "All pro-lifers are so ****ing ignorant," or "All blacks....," or "All Europeans..." Or is this just another case of you being able to say it for your stance, but nobody else having that same right?

  4. #144
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    When does life begin?
    When you pull your first trigger!

  5. #145
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Asking you to what effect your argument actually had isnt a logical fallacy.
    I raised a hypothetical. For you to then want actual facts and figures as if i was quoting something that occurred is a fallacy. If you don't see that, then fine, and when i do it to you, i expect you to answer it as if it's perfectly logical. Somehow i think you'd not want that.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    Can't answer the question, eh?

    Excuse me, but are you really claiming that ALL pro-choicers are "so ****ing ignorant"? Seriously? That sounds a lot like someone saying, "All pro-lifers are so ****ing ignorant," or "All blacks....," or "All Europeans..." Or is this just another case of you being able to say it for your stance, but nobody else having that same right?
    Nop, I can't answer the question, you got me. This thread is about abortion, not to provide you with a high school education.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-29-09 at 03:16 PM.

  7. #147
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Thats what happens to people that break the law.
    Sometimes, yes. I'm just showing you how silly it is to say that the gov't should demand that a citizen spend his private money in a particular way, and when he doesn't, because he's too poor, you put him in a situation where he CAN'T make any money, AND you're providing for his room and board. Think how happy all the bums in Chicago would be about this law if it was today!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not sure why you think your argument here has any teeth.
    Not sure why you think it doesn't. I raised a hypothetical that showed the ridiculousness of the law of which you approve, and your only reply is to bolster the ridiculousness i've already highlighted. I not only offered a sufficient argument, but you helped me make my point. Thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And to think you spoke of logical fallacies.
    This one is a 'non-sequitur'.
    FAIL I was addressing your red herring, jack, in order to try to get you to stay on track from now on, jack.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    On the contrary -- I am arguing that the practice then was as accepted as the practice today.
    Okay, so you are for the gov't telling people how to spend their privately earned money. Good for you. What products do you think the gov't should force people to spend their money on today, that if they don't purchase will cost them a tour in jail?

  8. #148
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    I raised a hypothetical. For you to then want actual facts and figures as if i was quoting something that occurred is a fallacy. If you don't see that, then fine, and when i do it to you, i expect you to answer it as if it's perfectly logical. Somehow i think you'd not want that.
    I'll accept this as your admission that the picture you painted never went to print, therefore nullifying the argument you were trying to make.

  9. #149
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    FAIL I was addressing your red herring, jack, in order to try to get you to stay on track from now on, jack.
    Ok, flopsy. Whatever you say, flopsy.
    Say hi to Cottontail fot us!

  10. #150
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: 24 hour waiting period for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Nop, I can't answer the question, you got me. This thread is about abortion, not to provide you with a high school education. You got me
    LOL!!!! You raised the gun issue, and praised a particular law in times past, and now you can't answer one itty-bitty question that'll expose your hypocrisy and you have to go hide behind the ole' "it's-not-the-topic-of-this-thread" boulder. That's rich!!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •