View Poll Results: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I break a law now and then.

    53 91.38%
  • No - I never break a law even if I do not agree with it.

    5 8.62%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    If I break a law, it's because it's convenient and easy. It's NOT because I disagree with it. Disagreement with a law, in my view, is a dumb excuse for ignoring it. If we only paid attention to the laws we agreed with, laws would fail to carry any weight.

  2. #32
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Do I ever knowingly break the law? Hell yes. And I will likely continue to. I really just don't care what the law is. Never have.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  3. #33
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Do I ever knowingly break the law? Hell yes. And I will likely continue to. I really just don't care what the law is. Never have.



    You are such a rebel!




    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #34
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,790

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    I only follow the law if I

    1) agree with it

    or

    2) Don't think I can get away with breaking it, and don't want to suffer the consequences.

  5. #35
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You are such a rebel!
    Nah. Being a rebel is a lot of work. I don't care enough to bother.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Any given day

  7. #37
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I only follow the law if I

    1) agree with it

    or

    2) Don't think I can get away with breaking it, and don't want to suffer the consequences.
    Good plan. Obviously, selling weed in front of the police station is stupid.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  8. #38
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Do you ever knowingly break the law because you do not agree with that particular law?

    Examples:

    Speed limit is 25mph and you feel it should be faster so you knowingly let your self go faster then 25mph.

    Or

    You download movie torrents because you think movie makers shaft consumers.

    Or

    You open a beer on the drive home knowing you will not surpass the blood alcohol limit even tho you break the open container law.

    Just some examples of what I know normal law abiding people occationaly do.
    Of course, in my aera there are "30 kph zones" (that's 18 mph)...they must be kidding, it's impossible to drive at that speed

    I also watch lots of movies in streaming...I don't know if it's really illegal, I simply don't care

  9. #39
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Of course, in my aera there are "30 kph zones" (that's 18 mph)...they must be kidding, it's impossible to drive at that speed
    That's what I haven't ever understood, anything under 25mph(don't know the km conversion unfortunately), if you tap the gas for less than a second your average vehicle will be over.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #40
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Do you ever knowingly break the law?

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058133213]
    That's what I haven't ever understood, anything under 25mph(don't know the km conversion unfortunately), if you tap the gas for less than a second your average vehicle will be over.
    it depends on the aera. But on a straight street with no cars and no kids on it, you can't drive that slow.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •