View Poll Results: Does Palin's resignation change your opinion of her?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think better of Palin because she chose to resign.

    6 8.57%
  • I think less of Palin because she chose to resign.

    12 17.14%
  • My opinion of Palin did not change. I still think she is great.

    13 18.57%
  • My opinion of Palin did not change. I still think she is terrible.

    33 47.14%
  • I have no opinion of Palin.

    6 8.57%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Palin resignation

  1. #1
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    1

    Palin resignation

    Does Palin's resignation change your opinion of her?
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Palin resignation

    My opinion is generally unchanged; it is slightly favorable.

    Of course, that wasn't on there so I went with the "Palin is teh l33t."

    Do wish some more moderate answers were on there, nontheless.

  3. #3
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington D-Sig
    Last Seen
    06-30-13 @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Palin resignation

    As a bonefide southern liberal, my opinion of Palin did not change one bit. I think she's AWESOME! Whoa, hold on, my fellow liberals! Let me explain before you hurl me into the Sean Hannity camp and accuse me of being a closet conservative...

    I like Sarah Palin. Always have. I dislike what she stands for - specifically, her social conservative policies. If we were to sit around a table over dinner talking politics, it'd probably get pretty heated. But see, that's the thing. Out of all of the candidates that I can think of (Barack Obama and the Dems included), she's the only one i'd consider having dinner with. Not because she's hot - yes, that's a bonus - but because she's my kind of person.

    She's the most unusual candidate to come along in years. She does things because she believes in them, not because she's simply being politically savvy, calculating, or looking for a boost in the polls. One needs to look no further than the Katie Couric interview to see this. Other politicians could spin hard interviews like this to make themselves look better among their constituents, or at least come across as someone who can handle tough questions with grace. Not her. She blew that interview, and why? Because she's an "average joe" who wanted to show America she could handle the Vice Presidency if elected, so she answered in the way that she felt would show folks that she could. She got flustered, and her voice betrayed her nervousness at times.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg&feature=related"]YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy[/ame]

    When I watched that interview, I wanted her to answer that differently. Screw what McCain and the conservatives advised her to do! She was inexperienced at national politics, and she should have used that to her advantage. "Katie," she should have said, "You wanna know my foreign policy experience? Zero. The exact same as former President Clinton when he took office, and President Bush when he took office. All three of us have that in common. The only difference is that they held the office of President, whereas i'm running for VeePee. Now, are you asking if you think I can handle the job? Does a wild bear poop in the Alaskan wilderness?"

    Coulda, shoulda, woulda...and we fast-forward to her resignation. Anyone who realizes politicians are nothing more than liars for the most part should be applauding this decision. It doesn't matter if you're conservative, liberal, independent, or a frakkin' Scientologist. She watched as millions of taxpayer's dollars were being spent in an investigation against her (an investigation, I might add, that presumably got in the way of her doing her job), and she disliked that cash being wasted for such a frivolous endeavor. She watched the attacks against her family, and knew they wouldn't end as long as she held office. I mean, seriously, so what if she preaches abstinence and her teenage daughter got knocked up? It aint like she ditched her family values and drug her kid down to the free clinic. Besides, it's our right as Americans to preach one thing, and do another. Hell, i've been known to drive my SUV down to the local Starbucks and bitch about global warming on occasion.

    No, she hasn't lost her base, nor has she lost respect. Those that hate her will continue to do so, then turn around and complain when politicians act like politicians. But i'm hoping most folks see Sarah for what she truly is - someone who puts her family first, and is pretty darned capable of handling political office. All she needs is a little more experience without sacrificing her core values or who she is as a person.

    You say Sarah Palin's resignation showed us what kind of person she is? I agree. And I say that I wish we had a lot more Sarah Palins on OUR side!

  4. #4
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    08-12-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Palin resignation

    My opinion of Palin is that she is affable and pleasant enough, but such a political lightweight that her five minutes of fame should have expired months ago.

    Her resigning doesn't really enter into my opinion of her.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #5
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,197

    Re: Palin resignation

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    Does Palin's resignation change your opinion of her?
    I could care less about Palin.However I do think her resigning has set her up for future failures in the political arena because her political opponents will label her a quitter.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #6
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,787

    Re: Palin resignation

    To the outside world it was amazing how this woman was presented as being fit to run as a presidential deputy

    Paul
    Europe is in the midst of disaster, only, they do not realize.

  7. #7
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Palin resignation

    I think it was a wise move, now she can position herself as a powerful figure in the Republican organization. Perhaps make some money and face time by getting a show on Fox News. Also she has gained all their is to gain from being governor of Alaska and is being fair to the state by stepping down.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  8. #8
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Palin resignation

    Her decision intrigues me and makes me want to watch her more closely to see where she goes next and what effect this will have on her career in the long-term.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,944

    Re: Palin resignation

    No effect. I wasn't fond of her, before, and this does not make me less or more so. I agree with Gardener. At the present time, she is, politically, a lightweight. Her resignation has not altered this, to me, in any way.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    09-29-16 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin resignation

    I don't think Palin quite has the clout for national office yet, and I think resigning widens the already large chasm she need to bridge to be a viable Presidential candidate. So I do think a little bit less of her, because I question the strategy of doing so if her aspirations are to reach Washington. If they aren't, then it changes nothing about my opinion of her.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •