View Poll Results: Choose.

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far Left

    53 47.32%
  • Far Right

    59 52.68%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 211

Thread: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

  1. #201
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    I'm bumping this thread because it is an engine for divisive conversation. This is exactly what we need in this country. Its time to stop being nice to liberals. They don't give a **** about the country, all they care about is achieving their own warped, unrealistic view of what it should be. Look at Obama. We need a real culture war in this country to rid her of this disease known as liberalism.
    Another person who thinks this forum matters
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #202
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Here...let me fix your post so it reflects reality:

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    I'm bumping this thread because it is an engine for divisive conversation. This is exactly what we need in this country. Its time to stop being nice to conservatives. They don't give a **** about the country, all they care about is achieving their own warped, unrealistic view of what it should be. Look at what some folks on this forum post. We need a real culture war in this country to rid her of this disease known as conservatism.
    There. Much more accurate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Well, wow. That in and of itself is....definitely not helping your arguement that the Far Right is less dangerous then the Far Left.....
    Excellent point, but folks who are extremists won't understand that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #204
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Say what you want. The truth is what you consider extreme is what the founnding fathers governed on. Why don't you say what it is you really mean, liberal. You hate the values this country was founded on. You hate that the constitution clearly outlines that our rights are GOD-GIVEN, and the government's role is to protect them. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT GRANT YOU RIGHTS, AND WHAT THEY CAN GRANT, THEY CAN TAKE AWAY YOU F*CKING MORON.

    WHEN WILL THERE BE ENOUGH GOVERNMENT FOR YOU???

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Say what you want. The truth is what you consider extreme is what the founnding fathers governed on. Why don't you say what it is you really mean, liberal. You hate the values this country was founded on. You hate that the constitution clearly outlines that our rights are GOD-GIVEN, and the government's role is to protect them. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT GRANT YOU RIGHTS, AND WHAT THEY CAN GRANT, THEY CAN TAKE AWAY YOU F*CKING MORON.

    WHEN WILL THERE BE ENOUGH GOVERNMENT FOR YOU???
    I liked you better when you were saying funny things about poop.
    Oh, wait... you still are.
    Hahaha. Jolly good. Carry on.

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Say what you want. The truth is what you consider extreme is what the founnding fathers governed on. Why don't you say what it is you really mean, liberal. You hate the values this country was founded on. You hate that the constitution clearly outlines that our rights are GOD-GIVEN, and the government's role is to protect them. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT GRANT YOU RIGHTS, AND WHAT THEY CAN GRANT, THEY CAN TAKE AWAY YOU F*CKING MORON.

    WHEN WILL THERE BE ENOUGH GOVERNMENT FOR YOU???
    No the truth is that the extreme nature of your posts perfectly demonstrates that you are exactly one of the extremists that are ruining this country. Doesn't matter whether you are on the right or on the left. You could care less about this country. All you care about is beating the other side. And guess what? Our rights are not God-given. They were written by men and can be changed through legal process. You don't seem to like that. You don't seem to like that times change and laws must change with them.

    Say what you really mean, conservative. You don't give a **** about this country. All you care about is insulting liberals.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Which extreme is more dangerous to America?And, by the way, calling another poster names is a pretty significant violation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #207
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Captain Courtesy beat me to it. Beware when your statement/argument can be just as easily "used" by the opposing side with the simple act of changing of a few nouns.

  8. #208
    User smartaleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    09-01-09 @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No the truth is that the extreme nature of your posts perfectly demonstrates that you are exactly one of the extremists that are ruining this country. Doesn't matter whether you are on the right or on the left. You could care less about this country. All you care about is beating the other side. And guess what? Our rights are not God-given. They were written by men and can be changed through legal process. You don't seem to like that. You don't seem to like that times change and laws must change with them.

    Say what you really mean, conservative. You don't give a **** about this country. All you care about is insulting liberals.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Which extreme is more dangerous to America?And, by the way, calling another poster names is a pretty significant violation.
    I have to agree with you. To many times I have seen that from both sides that beating the other person and being right is the main goal of many people. Actually you are right also about extremeists on either side are ruining this country. Thier own personal agenda comes first and the welefare of this country and the rest of us comes last.

    I have also heard the statements that our forefathers ment for our government to be based on a belief in God. This statement is always made like it is a actual fact. If this is a fact then why did our forefathers insist on the seperation of church and state? Even though many of our forefathers did have a belief in God many did not and some were not sure. In any case they did not see any reason for the government to be run by the chruch or on religious principles. ?

  9. #209
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck
    I have also heard the statements that our forefathers ment for our government to be based on a belief in God. This statement is always made like it is a actual fact. If this is a fact then why did our forefathers insist on the seperation of church and state?
    In general, throughout the states, concessions were kept to a minimum. The new constitutions that were drawn up in all states from 1776 to 1780 were not much different from the old ones. Although property qualifications for voting and holding office were lowered in some instances, in Massachusetts they were increased. Only Pennsylvania abolished them totally. The new bills of rights had modifying provisions. North Carolina, providing for religious freedom, added "that nothing herein contained shall be construed to exempt preachers of treasonable or seditious discourses, from legal trial and punishment." Maryland, New York, Georgia, and Massachusetts took similar cautions.

    The American Revolution is sometimes said to have brought about the separation of church and state. The northern states made such declarations, but after 1776 they adopted taxes that forced everyone to support Christian teachings. William G. McLoughlin, quoting Supreme Court Justice David Brewer in 1892 that "this is a Christian nation," says of the separation of church and state in the Revolution that it "was neither conceived of nor carried out. .,. Far from being left to itself, religion was imbedded into every aspect and institution of American life."

    A People's History of the United States
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #210
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Which extreme is more dangerous to America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    In general, throughout the states, concessions were kept to a minimum. The new constitutions that were drawn up in all states from 1776 to 1780 were not much different from the old ones. Although property qualifications for voting and holding office were lowered in some instances, in Massachusetts they were increased. Only Pennsylvania abolished them totally. The new bills of rights had modifying provisions. North Carolina, providing for religious freedom, added "that nothing herein contained shall be construed to exempt preachers of treasonable or seditious discourses, from legal trial and punishment." Maryland, New York, Georgia, and Massachusetts took similar cautions.

    The American Revolution is sometimes said to have brought about the separation of church and state. The northern states made such declarations, but after 1776 they adopted taxes that forced everyone to support Christian teachings. William G. McLoughlin, quoting Supreme Court Justice David Brewer in 1892 that "this is a Christian nation," says of the separation of church and state in the Revolution that it "was neither conceived of nor carried out. .,. Far from being left to itself, religion was imbedded into every aspect and institution of American life."

    A People's History of the United States
    Careful with using Zinn.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •