View Poll Results: Which (if any) religion do you adhere to/practice?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity (Catholic, protestant, unitarian, etc.)

    20 21.98%
  • Islam

    2 2.20%
  • Hinduism

    1 1.10%
  • Buddhism

    1 1.10%
  • Sikhism

    0 0%
  • Judaism

    4 4.40%
  • Baha'i

    0 0%
  • Shinto

    0 0%
  • Other (Specify if you would like)

    13 14.29%
  • Nonreligious (Athiest, agnostic)

    50 54.95%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Religion

  1. #71
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    No religion for me, thanks
    Come on. You know you want it!


  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Religion

    God, some chocolate could totally hit the spot right about now. Dammit.

  3. #73
    Guru
    Donkey1499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Under The Northern Star, Alaska
    Last Seen
    02-08-10 @ 04:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Religion

    Well, I was baptized a Presbyterian, then raised in a Reform Church for a few years. Then went to a Covenant Church (not like on Halo, guys :/ ), then a Lutheran, and then ended at a Presbyterian, once again. But I stopped going to church in 2007. I was losing interest and having too many doubts; so thus I became non-denominational for a short time. But before this time, as some of you on here may remember (Just look at some of my previous 2,000 posts on this site; more in particularly in the religion threads) I was a "right-wing, Christian Conservative.

    Well, just this last December I had decided to become Agnostic, almost borderline Atheist. I may become an Atheist, but first I'm looking into Astrotheology and Naturalistic Spiritualism; which sounds like early Colonial Deism (What Thomas Paine was, pretty much). But I'm just looking into those right now, not really latching on, though. Most likely I'll end up being an Atheist, just for complete lack of hard evidence for anything else. It's just that I look around at everything and think to myself "Wow, if a god does exist, then it's a real malevolent bastard."

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-01-09 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    97

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    This wasn't my poll, but I admit that I think it is a wonderful thing that there are such a wide array of religions represented on this forum. Where else can you get atheists, post modern theists, agnostics, christians, pagans, shamans, or whatever, all together in one place to discuss topics and the problems of this world? Wonderful.
    yes they talk abaout problems o f the world but dont agree with anything.

  5. #75
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    yes they talk abaout problems o f the world but dont agree with anything.
    Now that is funny!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-01-09 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    97

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think it's a fascinating thing that over half of the voters in this poll are non-religious.
    It shows that religion grows weaker and weaker with the years.

    Well, at least among those with an access to the internet.
    no, i dont think that religion is weak. i think this show that some religion are weak but othre religion get more people.

  7. #77
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,308

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    no, i dont think that religion is weak. i think this show that some religion are weak but othre religion get more people.
    In the Western world, religion gets weaker and weaker with the years, and more and more people choose atheism.

    Of course that in the Muslim world they just get more and more followers, but that was not my point.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #78
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey1499 View Post
    Well, I was baptized a Presbyterian, then raised in a Reform Church for a few years. Then went to a Covenant Church (not like on Halo, guys :/ ), then a Lutheran, and then ended at a Presbyterian, once again. But I stopped going to church in 2007. I was losing interest and having too many doubts; so thus I became non-denominational for a short time. But before this time, as some of you on here may remember (Just look at some of my previous 2,000 posts on this site; more in particularly in the religion threads) I was a "right-wing, Christian Conservative.

    Well, just this last December I had decided to become Agnostic, almost borderline Atheist. I may become an Atheist, but first I'm looking into Astrotheology and Naturalistic Spiritualism; which sounds like early Colonial Deism (What Thomas Paine was, pretty much). But I'm just looking into those right now, not really latching on, though. Most likely I'll end up being an Atheist, just for complete lack of hard evidence for anything else. It's just that I look around at everything and think to myself "Wow, if a god does exist, then it's a real malevolent bastard."
    I feel its possible for a god (or gods) to exist.

    I recognize that hard evidence of a god is impossible shy from him appearing before us all himself.

    I also recognize that holy scriptures and manuscripts religious in nature have been changed and modified over time to fit the political goals of those in power, thus I can't rightly bring myself to believe in worshiping as set forth by any particular religious text as the "word of god".


    I remember talking to you on here back when you were a hardcore christian, and I have noticed the different before now and was extremely surprised by your change in belief.

  9. #79
    Guru
    Donkey1499's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Under The Northern Star, Alaska
    Last Seen
    02-08-10 @ 04:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I feel its possible for a god (or gods) to exist.

    I recognize that hard evidence of a god is impossible shy from him appearing before us all himself.

    I also recognize that holy scriptures and manuscripts religious in nature have been changed and modified over time to fit the political goals of those in power, thus I can't rightly bring myself to believe in worshiping as set forth by any particular religious text as the "word of god".


    I remember talking to you on here back when you were a hardcore christian, and I have noticed the different before now and was extremely surprised by your change in belief.
    I've been researching, and I've read some books and pages written/researched by D.M. Murdock (aka Acharya S). One book in particular that stands out is Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints Of The Christ. She uses logic, education and the words of the Church Fathers/Founders/Evangelists themselves to prove that Christianity was just a fabrication. The back of the book is also chock full of citations and legitimate sources. Murdock's words were the final nails in my Christian Coffin. And I'm glad to be shed of the Abramaic religions.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yeah, but Atheism is clearly on the raise and will continue to raise with the years.
    There's hope for a better future.
    Perhaps
    If Sweden is anything to go by in what we can look forward to =D


Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •