View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #441
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    646

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Yet your profile on the left side of your posts says you gender is male. But according to you you have no gender.
    That is true. I am not responsible for the design of this site using the wrong word. I acquiesce to inaccuracies when no correct options are proffered.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  2. #442
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    That is true. I am not responsible for the design of this site using the wrong word. I acquiesce to inaccuracies when no correct options are proffered.
    Okay, so if that's true, then it's essentially what everyone else is doing when they refer to same gender marriages. I guess the rest of the world has yet to rise to your level of intellect.

    But anyway what is the reason for why humans have no gender?


  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Absolutely. People should be able to marry whomever they love, why not?
    Because people should not be allowed to marry just whomever they love.

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Meh, another thread full of gay-marriage arguments and still nothing but talk about "rights"

    Gay-marriage hasn't yet become about the family, so I'm not supporting it.

  5. #445
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    646

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Okay, so if that's true, then it's essentially what everyone else is doing when they refer to same gender marriages. I guess the rest of the world has yet to rise to your level of intellect.

    But anyway what is the reason for why humans have no gender?
    The reason humans, and animals for that matter, do not have a gender, is because the proper and traditional use of that word, "gender" was in the field of grammar. Due to the advent of PC reporting the word "gender" was purloined from the field of grammar to be substituted for the word "sex". It gave writing a softer touch. More PC, if you will.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  6. #446
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    122

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Meh, another thread full of gay-marriage arguments and still nothing but talk about "rights"

    Gay-marriage hasn't yet become about the family, so I'm not supporting it.
    That is because we are talking about 'legalizing' same-sex marriages, with the optimal word being 'legalizing'. Marriage, from a legal standpoint, is simply a specialized contract allowing individuals to share their property in addition to committing themselves to each other. If two individuals wish to enter into a contract that does not violate the legal rights of any individuals outside of the contract, no third party has any business preventing them from doing so.

    Now, from a cultural or religious standpoint, I don't particularly care what each individual person or Church chooses to call a same-sex marriage, but again, we're talking about a legal issue.

    -NC

  7. #447
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    646

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by NortheastCynic View Post
    That is because we are talking about 'legalizing' same-sex marriages, with the optimal word being 'legalizing'. Marriage, from a legal standpoint, is simply a specialized contract allowing individuals to share their property in addition to committing themselves to each other. If two individuals wish to enter into a contract that does not violate the legal rights of any individuals outside of the contract, no third party has any business preventing them from doing so.

    Now, from a cultural or religious standpoint, I don't particularly care what each individual person or Church chooses to call a same-sex marriage, but again, we're talking about a legal issue.

    -NC
    "If two individuals wish to enter into a contract that does not violate the legal rights of any individuals outside of the contract, no third party has any business preventing them from doing so."

    I agree. So why the big push to call it what it is not....a marriage. Draw up a legal document and have it enforced by the courts. But marriage it is not.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by NortheastCynic View Post
    That is because we are talking about 'legalizing' same-sex marriages, with the optimal word being 'legalizing'. Marriage, from a legal standpoint, is simply a specialized contract allowing individuals to share their property in addition to committing themselves to each other. If two individuals wish to enter into a contract that does not violate the legal rights of any individuals outside of the contract, no third party has any business preventing them from doing so.

    Now, from a cultural or religious standpoint, I don't particularly care what each individual person or Church chooses to call a same-sex marriage, but again, we're talking about a legal issue.

    -NC
    Yeah well from a "legal" standpoint marriage is necessary for the survival of Men. Gay relationships...not that vital....unless they're raising children, but then it's about family, as I said.

    So far, gay relationships don't seem to be about raising children, so since the government's only interest in the legal institution of marriage is not apparently present in gay relationships, there's no reason to legalize gay marriage.

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I agree. So why the big push to call it what it is not....a marriage. Draw up a legal document and have it enforced by the courts. But marriage it is not.
    In CA gays even have Domestic Partnership, where they can have all the same civil rights with their same-sex partner that opposite-sex partners have in marriage.

    But that's still not good enough.

    The situation in CA is conclusive proof that this is not about legal rights, but social legitimization, and the courts can't award that.

  10. #450
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In CA gays even have Domestic Partnership, where they can have all the same civil rights with their same-sex partner that opposite-sex partners have in marriage.

    But that's still not good enough.

    The situation in CA is conclusive proof that this is not about legal rights, but social legitimization, and the courts can't award that.
    [ame=http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155043]Butt Buddies - Clips - South Park Studios[/ame]

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •