View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #421
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You can try to double-talk this until it everything is murky if you like. The fact of the matter is that at the heart of all this, the majority of Americans view homosexuality as a morally repugnant thing. Regardless of how you spin it, the sexual act itself has everything to do with why this is so controversial. I mean, you couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union for christ's sake. Americans do not want to bestow the right of something as sacred as marriage to grown men who sodomize each other on a regular basis. Thats just the cold, hard truth.
    What about women who lick each other? What's your reasoning behind that one?

    What about men who have anal sex with their female partners? Should they be allowed to get married?

    Are we going to base the eligibility of marriage licenses on our sexual positions now? I can see it now when you apply for a license they ask, "In what positions do you and your lover have sexual intercourse?", "In what orifices do you allow your partner to stick his dick?", "Do you ever use handcuffs or blindfolds?" If you answer wrong, you can't get married!
    Last edited by rivrrat; 07-18-09 at 04:23 AM.

  2. #422
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Wait I have a question. Are you saying that if it had nothing to do with sex, it would be okay? If that's the case then according to your rules, gay marriage should already be legal. I say this because it highly possible to have a marriage without sex or sexual attraction but with other forms of attraction. I have once heard of a couple who got married and never had sex, and its likely in homosexual relationships/ marriages too. Why not legalize then according to those rules?
    That's a grand thought. However, here in the real world, most marriages involve sex.

    Also, you say that many Americans want gay marriage. That is true. However, they are the minority.

    How long are you guys gonna try to make an analogy between this and the color of someone's skin? There is no debate of whether or not someone can help what race thy're born to. There is much debate, however, on whether or not someone is born gay. Show me proof that there is a gay gene. That analogy is ridiculous. The funniest part of that is blacks overwhelmingly voted for Prop 8. You would think will all the glaring parallels that you seem to find between this and the civil rights struggle that they would identify with the plight of the gay community. Welp, it's not looking that way.
    Last edited by G.I. Joe; 07-18-09 at 01:00 PM.

  3. #423
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    That's a grand thought. However, here in the real world, most marriages involve sex.

    Also, you say that many Americans want gay marriage. That is true. However, they are the minority.
    Ok so, that's exactly what I said.

    How long are you guys gonna try to make an analogy between this and the color of someone's skin? There is no debate of whether or not someone can help what race thy're born to.
    No one is making this about race. I provided my analogy as an example of a similar movement. Interracial marriage used to be morally wrong and illegal (I think) and the Civil Rights Movement mostly changed that along with other rights. Now, there will be another Sexual Movement in the future, there is no doubt about it. I was just saying that its a matter of time before that movement comes about and noting the similarities between the two movements. This is not about race, please read my post carefully before assuming the wrong thing.

    There is much debate, however, on whether or not someone is born gay. Show me proof that there is a gay gene. That analogy is ridiculous. The funniest part of that is blacks overwhelmingly voted for Prop 8. You would think will all the glaring parallels that you seem to find between this and the civil rights struggle that they would identify with the plight of the gay community. Help, it's not looking that way.
    I'm not looking for people to identify, I provided an example to show YOU that they are similar movements.


  4. #424
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Ok so, that's exactly what I said.



    No one is making this about race. I provided my analogy as an example of a similar movement. Interracial marriage used to be morally wrong and illegal (I think) and the Civil Rights Movement mostly changed that along with other rights. Now, there will be another Sexual Movement in the future, there is no doubt about it. I was just saying that its a matter of time before that movement comes about and noting the similarities between the two movements. This is not about race, please read my post carefully before assuming the wrong thing.



    I'm not looking for people to identify, I provided an example to show YOU that they are similar movements.
    Why did you change the word "welp" to "help" in my post? That's weird........

  5. #425
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,668

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Why did you change the word "welp" to "help" in my post? That's weird........
    Yeah, that IS weird.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #426
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Many things used to be wrong that are accepted now. That doesn't mean there is a parallel between the two. Judging by the lack of rebuttal, Im going to go ahead and call this thread closed.

  7. #427
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,668

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Many things used to be wrong that are accepted now. That doesn't mean there is a parallel between the two. Judging by the lack of rebuttal, Im going to go ahead and call this thread closed.
    "Lack of rebuttal"? Lack of rebuttal of what?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #428
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    "Lack of rebuttal"? Lack of rebuttal of what?
    to my previous post. the only rebuttal ive gotten was someone saying "the civil rights movement is the same cos they were looking for something they didn't have, which makes them the same same as the sodomites"(paraphrasing of course). i don't consider that a valid counterpoint.

  9. #429
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,668

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    to my previous post. the only rebuttal ive gotten was someone saying "the civil rights movement is the same cos they were looking for something they didn't have, which makes them the same same as the sodomites"(paraphrasing of course). i don't consider that a valid counterpoint.
    I would agree that the civil rights argument is a poor argument. If you want to debate why same-sex marriage should be legalized, I would not go the civil rights/discrimination route; it's a loser. There is a far better argument's that win that debate each time.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #430
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I would agree that the civil rights argument is a poor argument. If you want to debate why same-sex marriage should be legalized, I would not go the civil rights/discrimination route; it's a loser. There is a far better argument's that win that debate each time.
    Fair enough. So, tell me then, why should gay marriage be legalized, despite the fact that the majority of Americans have spoken against it repeatedly?

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •