View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #411
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Of course the fact can be refuted, and refuted rather easily. The only basis that you have for your comments of "legitimate and respectable" are your opinion...which is pretty meaningless if we are discussing facts.
    You really don't see where you went wrong there? You are right that I do not view it as legitimate or respectable, however that is incidental in this case. Passing a law allowing gay marriage inherently legitimizes a relationship involving sodomy amongst men. Period.

    Now, while being legal does not necessarily make something respectABLE, it does mean it must be respectED, at least to the effect that a gay couple's marriage must be seen as legitimate(there's that L word again).
    Last edited by G.I. Joe; 07-18-09 at 02:07 AM.

  2. #412
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You really don't see where you went wrong there? You are right that I do not view it as legitimate or respectable, however that is incidental in this case. Passing a law allowing gay marriage inherently legitimizes a relationship involving sodomy amongst men. Period.
    YOU don't see where you went wrong. You are legitimizing a relationship. The sexual act is irrelevant to this.

    Now, while being legal does not necessarily make something respectABLE, it does mean it must be respectED, at least to the effect that a gay couple's marriage must be seen as legitimate(there's that L word again).
    Correct.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #413
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    YOU don't see where you went wrong. You are legitimizing a relationship. The sexual act is irrelevant to this.



    Correct.
    OK man, since it is all about a gay relationship, rather than sodomy, what is that differentiates a gay couple from a straight one? To say that the sexual aspect is irrelevant is somewhat mindboggling. In a sense, it's the only relevant part of the discussion. If it weren't for the fact that a gay relationship involves men sodomizing each other, there would be no controversy.
    Last edited by G.I. Joe; 07-18-09 at 02:33 AM.

  4. #414
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    OK man, since it is all about a gay relationship, rather than sodomy, what is that differentiates a gay couple from a straight one? To say that the sexual aspect is irrelevant is somewhat mindboggling. In a sense, it's the only relevant part of the discussion. If it weren't for the fact that a gay relationship involves men sodomizing each other, there would be no controversy.
    In the respect of how the relationship operates and how the partners deal with each other, there is no difference in a gay relationship vs. a straight relationship. If you are going to use sexual activity to determine legitimacy, then any straight couple that engages in anal sex cannot be legitimate. And any gay couple that does not engage in anal sex (female-female certainly, and male-male if the choose) would be legitimate. See how your position falls apart? Sexual activity is irrelevant Sexual orientation is the issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #415
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In the respect of how the relationship operates and how the partners deal with each other, there is no difference in a gay relationship vs. a straight relationship. If you are going to use sexual activity to determine legitimacy, then any straight couple that engages in anal sex cannot be legitimate. And any gay couple that does not engage in anal sex (female-female certainly, and male-male if the choose) would be legitimate. See how your position falls apart? Sexual activity is irrelevant Sexual orientation is the issue.
    You can try to double-talk this until it everything is murky if you like. The fact of the matter is that at the heart of all this, the majority of Americans view homosexuality as a morally repugnant thing. Regardless of how you spin it, the sexual act itself has everything to do with why this is so controversial. I mean, you couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union for christ's sake. Americans do not want to bestow the right of something as sacred as marriage to grown men who sodomize each other on a regular basis. Thats just the cold, hard truth.

  6. #416
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You can try to double-talk this until it everything is murky if you like. The fact of the matter is that at the heart of all this, the majority of Americans view homosexuality as a morally repugnant thing. Regardless of how you spin it, the sexual act itself has everything to do with why this is so controversial. I mean, you couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union for christ's sake. Americans do not want to bestow the right of something as sacred as marriage to grown men who sodomize each other on a regular basis. Thats just the cold, hard truth.
    And you can use morality and opinion to spin this all YOU want. That does not alter the fact that neither of those concepts provide facts at all and are irrelevant to the argument. Fact is, I could care less what anyone thinks is repugnant. They don't like it, they shouldn't do it. Folks who use the sexual act to make their decision on this are missing the point and using their moral compass to determine the rights of others...and are basing it on an inaccurate premise. One's sexual orientation is not limited to ONE TYPE OF SEX ACT. Folks who view it that way are short-sighted and using opinion in place of facts. It's poor decision-making skills. And it affects others, not them.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #417
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And you can use morality and opinion to spin this all YOU want. That does not alter the fact that neither of those concepts provide facts at all and are irrelevant to the argument. Fact is, I could care less what anyone thinks is repugnant. They don't like it, they shouldn't do it. Folks who use the sexual act to make their decision on this are missing the point and using their moral compass to determine the rights of others...and are basing it on an inaccurate premise. One's sexual orientation is not limited to ONE TYPE OF SEX ACT. Folks who view it that way are short-sighted and using opinion in place of facts. It's poor decision-making skills. And it affects others, not them.
    Well, since you put it that way............See, I didn't realize that gay dudes could do things besides sodomy. That's a relief.

  8. #418
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    You can try to double-talk this until it everything is murky if you like. The fact of the matter is that at the heart of all this, the majority of Americans view homosexuality as a morally repugnant thing. Regardless of how you spin it, the sexual act itself has everything to do with why this is so controversial. I mean, you couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union for christ's sake. Americans do not want to bestow the right of something as sacred as marriage to grown men who sodomize each other on a regular basis. Thats just the cold, hard truth.
    That's slightly hilarious, because I see Americans who want that same thing. So you wrongly assume that "Americans do not want ...this and that" but the cold hard truth is that there are many that want it.

    There was a time when a majority of Americans viewed interracial marriage (hell, even rights for minority races) as a morally repugnant thing. I'm not assuming this, this is actually part of our country's history. Those who favored that ideology gave similar reasons, saying that it went against religion sometimes or even basic morals of the nation.

    It is true that the majority of Americans are still stuck in the 1950s when it comes to gay marriage and gay rights, but man, its just a matter of time before that majority becomes the minority. Just like the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, its gonna happen sooner or later.


  9. #419
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Well, since you put it that way............See, I didn't realize that gay dudes could do things besides sodomy. That's a relief.
    Amazing the things you can learn.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #420
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    OK man, since it is all about a gay relationship, rather than sodomy, what is that differentiates a gay couple from a straight one? To say that the sexual aspect is irrelevant is somewhat mindboggling. In a sense, it's the only relevant part of the discussion. If it weren't for the fact that a gay relationship involves men sodomizing each other, there would be no controversy.
    Wait I have a question. Are you saying that if it had nothing to do with sex, it would be okay? If that's the case then according to your rules, gay marriage should already be legal. I say this because it highly possible to have a marriage without sex or sexual attraction but with other forms of attraction. I have once heard of a couple who got married and never had sex, and its likely in homosexual relationships/ marriages too. Why not legalize then according to those rules?
    Last edited by Cilogy; 07-18-09 at 04:22 AM.


Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •