View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #341
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,433

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Well, color me stupid and call me a fool. I don't think it is "natural" either.

    My ex-wife put it in the most eloquently succinct manner I've ever seen; unfortunately this involved gestures which won't translate here.

    Male equipment is designed to fit female equipment, just like a key and a lock.

    Homo-sex is like trying to make two keys do something, or trying to open one lock with another lock. Best I can translate her analogy without pictures.

    (Yes, yes, I know that isn't the only way to have sex, spare me any graphic examples please. )

    Male sexual physiology, combined with female sexual physiology, is designed to facilitate reproduction, which is the function of sex in nature. Male-male and female-female fail to produce reproduction, thus failing the obvious functionality test.

    It does not fulfill the function of sex in a state of nature, therefore it is not "natural."

    As previously noted by Apocalypse, whether "not natural" means the same thing as "wrong" is a much more complex question.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    No. Gender is a word used to describe the masculinity/feminity properties of words, something that's mostly irrelevant in english anyway, and besides, words can't give legal consent.

    But I'll certainly vote in favor of same sex marriages, cuz I don't care what legal contracts consenting adults get themselves into. If they want to pretend, in this day and age, that they need a marriage license to pound each other in the rear, fine. The guys and the girls are doing all the pounding to each other wthout that little legal document, now.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Well, color me stupid and call me a fool. I don't think it is "natural" either.

    My ex-wife put it in the most eloquently succinct manner I've ever seen; unfortunately this involved gestures which won't translate here.

    Male equipment is designed to fit female equipment, just like a key and a lock.

    Homo-sex is like trying to make two keys do something, or trying to open one lock with another lock. Best I can translate her analogy without pictures.

    (Yes, yes, I know that isn't the only way to have sex, spare me any graphic examples please. )

    Male sexual physiology, combined with female sexual physiology, is designed to facilitate reproduction, which is the function of sex in nature. Male-male and female-female fail to produce reproduction, thus failing the obvious functionality test.

    It does not fulfill the function of sex in a state of nature, therefore it is not "natural."

    As previously noted by Apocalypse, whether "not natural" means the same thing as "wrong" is a much more complex question.
    What's any of this have to do with marriage, which is primarily a social function, not biologic?

  4. #344
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,433

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What's any of this have to do with marriage, which is primarily a social function, not biologic?
    It is a social function that derived from a biological function. Specifically, it came to be because it served society as a whole better to have the two parents stay together and raise the children together, rather than having all the men screwing all the women willy-nilly, and the kids left to shift as best they could.

    At any rate, the question had already been posed by someone, I simply addressed the existing question.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #345
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You still haven't contradicted my theory, all you've done is just talk and talk about how foolish my opinion is.
    You don't have a theory. A theory requires at least internal logic and coherence. As I already explained, you have not provided either.

    You have an opinion, and that is all.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It does not fulfill the function of sex in a state of nature, therefore it is not "natural."
    That presumes that the sole function of sex is reproduction. Even in species besides homo sapiens sapiens, that is not the case.

  7. #347
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,693

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    I am no "homophobic freak" and yes I would vote no.

    Even though I feel it is wrong for the US Federal or State Government to deny homosexuals the same basic rights as married couples, I also (for religious reasons) will not support it in any way.

    I have no problem with civil unions, but two men or women do not make a marriage as I see it. Semantics, I know. But it is my opinion and that is what counts most when I vote.


    No Lives Matter

  8. #348
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,433

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    That presumes that the sole function of sex is reproduction. Even in species besides homo sapiens sapiens, that is not the case.
    Of course. I would however say it is the primary function...if you believe in evolution it is the sine qua non of species survival, in fact.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It is a social function that derived from a biological function.
    So what? The biological function is fulfilled quite handily by boinking in the bushes. In the old days if the father of the result of that boinking didn't want to stick around, he didn't, just like today. The social function evolved as a means of formally identifying property and lineages.

    Fact of the matter is that it's no one's business who marries whom, or how they're constructed, or if they have children, or if they don't. Clearly if the purpose of marriage was to "make babies", we wouldn't have over-the-counter, out-of-the-vending-machine contraception.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    That presumes that the sole function of sex is reproduction. Even in species besides homo sapiens sapiens, that is not the case.
    The only function of sex is reproduction.

    Sex evolved to be fun because otherwise no one would bother.

    Could you imagine a female elephant letting some horny bull elephant clambering all over her if she didn't get some enjoyment out of it?

    Can you even begin to imagine what a pair of brontosauruses had to do to make broto-eggs? Would they have bothered if they didn't like it?

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •