View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #311
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    I realize that, but it is still more work than pressing the quote button. When I'm quoting a new person, I will put a new quote code, until then it is the same person I am quoting as the last one. You should be able to remember what you had previously said. I didn't expect a substantive reply anyway.
    Jerry's right. It makes it easier for us to reply to your posts. Many of us are posting on many threads at the same time and with the format that you use it is difficult to know who you are responding to. Changing your format may get you the substantive reply that you are looking for. Just being snotty probably won't.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #312
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just being snotty probably won't.
    What if you have allergies and no medicine? Can we get a snotty waiver or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Of course! Only some homophobic freak would say no
    Like me! I know, for one, that I am a homophobic gay... Homophobic freak - I mean... Okay, well that is a little inconsistent.

    Then let's just classify me as a homophobic eccentric?

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    I realize that, but it is still more work than pressing the quote button. When I'm quoting a new person, I will put a new quote code, until then it is the same person I am quoting as the last one. You should be able to remember what you had previously said. I didn't expect a substantive reply anyway.
    Yeah, it takes more time. The reason I don't get into involved debates and thoroughly back up my every word with folks who don't represent themselves as anything more than bitter partisan hacks is because of how long it takes to make a post.

    Some random hack (not you) starts demanding links and exhaustive answers to their many questions (most of which are loaded)....hell no I'm not putting that much effort into a post just for them. They're not worth it, at least until the loaded questions and personal attacks stop. Then I'll test the water.

    Take that screen shot in my last post highlighting where to grab the hyperlink code from: that took me 5-6 minutes. Even with cut-n-paste, do you know how long it takes to get the peanutbutterjelly song right? Then take the screen shot, put it in my photoshop and crop to fit and add the red oval, save to the desktop, then upload to my DP album, then link to in that post...time wasted because for all the effort I didn't get a single 'thanks'.

    That's just the way it is.

    Look, I'm trying to be cool about it. As a Hall Monitor, I have a reputation to protect, so if you really want I can become a whiny little bitch and fault everything you post because failing to make your argument clear is a logical fallacy.

    I like new folks, though, so I want to give you some tools to make your debate in this forum an enjoyable experience.

    You can take it or leave it.

    ***
    5 minutes after posting this I'm still editing it....see what I mean?
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-07-09 at 12:11 AM.

  5. #315
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Jerry's right. It makes it easier for us to reply to your posts. Many of us are posting on many threads at the same time and with the format that you use it is difficult to know who you are responding to. Changing your format may get you the substantive reply that you are looking for. Just being snotty probably won't.
    He started it... wait actually you started it.

  6. #316
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So, let me get this straight, a person who holds the belief that Homosexuality is not natural is probably a fool?
    I see Courtesy, I see.
    IMO, yup. It's a logical fallacy that can easily be disproven.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #317
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,316

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    IMO, yup. It's a logical fallacy that can easily be disproven.
    Then disprove it, if it's so easily disproved.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #318
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Then disprove it, if it's so easily disproved.
    Present the argument, precisely, so I know what I am disproving. I have a migraine tonight, so creating arguments from nothing is not on my agenda. Too much work.

    EDIT: In fact...I'm logging off. Migraines make the brain work poorly. I'll try to respond to your argument, tomorrow.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 07-07-09 at 02:30 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #319
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,316

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Present the argument, precisely, so I know what I am disproving. I have a migraine tonight, so creating arguments from nothing is not on my agenda. Too much work.

    EDIT: In fact...I'm logging off. Migraines make the brain work poorly. I'll try to respond to your argument, tomorrow.
    I'm sorry for your migraine but the argument is quite obvious.
    "fools claim homosexuality isn't natural", hence the argument is whether homosexuality is natural or not.
    If you didn't know what the argument is, how did you know that it could be easily disproved?

    Edit: Alright, tomorrow then.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #320
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm sorry for your migraine but the argument is quite obvious.
    "fools claim homosexuality isn't natural", hence the argument is whether homosexuality is natural or not.
    If you didn't know what the argument is, how did you know that it could be easily disproved?

    Edit: Alright, tomorrow then.
    Well, it might be unfair to call somebody a fool because they harbor a single foolish belief, but yes, it is foolish.

    This isn't the best wikipedia article, but it might help you get it:

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature]Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    It's no so much that it's foolish to argue about how natural or unnatural homosexuality is, it's foolish because it is morally irrelevant.
    Last edited by LiveUninhibited; 07-07-09 at 02:37 AM.

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •