View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #131
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    I do not agree with this. They be treaded like homosexuals.




    I do not know about to be homosexual, I am still thinking about this. No, homosexuals should not be allowed to get married. It did not change anything in Finnland or Canada when this happen. It only give some political support during election.
    So are you against gay marriage, or gay marriage being used as a political tool?

  2. #132
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah, I think gay-marriage should be created through legislation.

    Got a problem with that?
    So then, you have a problem with how anti-miscegenation laws were struck down against popular opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Which would be fine if when a partner left a business, they got to take a certain percentage of the business with them, but that's just not how it necessarily works. Like I said, there may be a solution to these questions, we just haven't had it worked out yet. My issue with it is not that I care if the polygamous get married, I just don't want to see the courts even more clogged with messy divorces for which we have no idea how to solve.
    One would assume that assets would be distributed on an equal-per-person basis, except in cases of special pre-nuptial agreements that were notorized and presented at the time of adding a partner.

    As for children, one would simply need a hierarchy of criteria. Given the premium put on college for having a good future, human capital would have to be the first criteria. Though we would want to consider the preference of the child, depending upon maturity, and biological ties.

    I also don't really think the courts would be clogged because few people would choose to be polygamous. Our culture enshrines the "two become one" sort of idea. Good luck finding a lot of women interested in multiple-person marriages. I have known a person in exactly one successful 3-person relationship, so it can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, so long as we understand each other.

    Gays want to marry? Fine, great, pull up a chair; but gay-marriage will be what hetero-marriage is for, raising children, and NOT the expression of individual rights, AND gay marriage will be established through perfectly constitutional means, not the court system.
    Prove that marriage is only about raising children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A citizen and voter with the civil duty to stand up and demand that due process be respected.

    Fine, great, no problem, let's do it, but it happens through due process or it doesn't happen at all.
    Very few civil rights advances happened through democratic (or even legislative) processes. They were mostly executive or judicial decisions based upon things like the equal protection clause.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Do you say that most of those who oppose legalizing polygamy are also ignorant bigots and none of htem understand the basics of morality or logic?
    Ignorance on some level, usually. I wouldn't use words quite that strong for that issue. As others have said, it's not quite as simple as the gay marriage issue. But just look at the Mormons early in the days of their religion. We oppressed them for no good reason, largely due to their polygamous ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I am all for gay marriages. But I admit the one aspect that I do not like is adoption. But that is an argument for another day.
    Legalizing gay marriage wouldn't necessarily mean they could adopt. I wouldn't mind if they adopt, but bear in mind that sex offenders can get married, but they certainly can't adopt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    Call it exclusivity, tradition or what ever so why change it?
    To treat people equally under the law. Appeal to tradition is fallacy. Exclusivity is not critical for all marriages, it's just what most spouses demand of each other. There are open marriages and swingers out there.
    Last edited by LiveUninhibited; 07-03-09 at 11:02 PM.

  3. #133
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    I do not agree with this. They be treaded like homosexuals.
    They are treated differently at no benefit to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    10-14-09 @ 12:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    190

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    So are you against gay marriage, or gay marriage being used as a political tool?
    I do not see the difference. The radical group use this as political tool to get same sex marriage in Canada as they try in California. When this success in Canada then they think of something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The thing homosexuals are more than anything else is people. We should treat them as just people, not as some separate class with separate rules.
    This is the life they choose. If I choose this life then I will have this separate rules. Homosexual and Hetrosexual are different. Yes we are all people but we have different religion, different education, different sex, different choose of life. Then we have different rules for this.

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,323
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    This is the life they choose. If I choose this life then I will have this separate rules. Homosexual and Hetrosexual are different. Yes we are all people but we have different religion, different education, different sex, different choose of life. Then we have different rules for this.
    All indications are that being a homosexual is not something one chooses, but something one is.

  6. #136
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    I do not see the difference. The radical group use this as political tool to get same sex marriage in Canada as they try in California. When this success in Canada then they think of something else.



    This is the life they choose. If I choose this life then I will have this separate rules. Homosexual and Hetrosexual are different. Yes we are all people but we have different religion, different education, different sex, different choose of life. Then we have different rules for this.
    My point is that without the capability to get married, homosexuals are prevented from enjoying the benefits of marriage in this country.

  7. #137
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    I do not see the difference. The radical group use this as political tool to get same sex marriage in Canada as they try in California. When this success in Canada then they think of something else.
    What social problems has gay marriage caused in Canada?


    This is the life they choose. If I choose this life then I will have this separate rules. Homosexual and Hetrosexual are different. Yes we are all people but we have different religion, different education, different sex, different choose of life. Then we have different rules for this.
    You haven't proven it's a choice. But if we suppose it is, then I suppose one could say the same thing about somebody becoming a Christian. Now, if they lived in some Muslim countries, they would be punished for this. But I guess they made the wrong choice huh? I guess laws that treat Christians differently because they chose the wrong religion are totally just, by your logic?

  8. #138
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    What social problems has gay marriage caused in Canada?




    You haven't proven it's a choice. But if we suppose it is, then I suppose one could say the same thing about somebody becoming a Christian. Now, if they lived in some Muslim countries, they would be punished for this. But I guess they made the wrong choice huh? I guess laws that treat Christians differently because they chose the wrong religion are totally just, by your logic?
    There is a biological, physiological factor to homosexuality, no one can say it is a choice and prove it.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    10-14-09 @ 12:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    190

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    ...........
    Last edited by Lopettaa; 07-03-09 at 11:41 PM.

  10. #140
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,323
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    In question of marriages, my debate is homosexuals don't have there own children to make a family.
    This is false. Any number of gay people do in fact have children.

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •