View Poll Results: Would you vote to legalize same gender marriages?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would vote to make gay marriage legal

    99 69.72%
  • No, I would vote against making gay marriage legal

    37 26.06%
  • I am undecided and wouldn't vote

    6 4.23%
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 473

Thread: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

  1. #101
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's right, we can create gay-marriage just as we made a right for women to vote: through the legislative branch and the legislative exclusively.

    The fact that gays are trying to force their religious beliefs onto the public through judicial fiat only demonstrates an extreme disrespect for the rule of law, favoring the bible over constitution.
    what religious beliefs in particular? and how are they trying to force them on the public.
    Catholics have beliefs I don't agree with, and are even vocal about them, but I just ignore them. It's easy....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Lots of bites....but they don't meashure up, I have to toss them back.

  3. #103
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,338
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, so long as we understand each other.

    Gays want to marry? Fine, great, pull up a chair; but gay-marriage will be what hetero-marriage is for, raising children, and NOT the expression of individual rights, AND gay marriage will be established through perfectly constitutional means, not the court system.
    Who are you to put conditions on it? Strait people can marry with no intention or ability to have children, so gays should be able to do the exact same thing.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Who are you to put conditions on it?
    A citizen and voter with the civil duty to stand up and demand that due process be respected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Strait people can marry with no intention or ability to have children, so gays should be able to do the exact same thing.
    Fine, great, no problem, let's do it, but it happens through due process or it doesn't happen at all.

  5. #105
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    08-06-16 @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yeah, children with a stranger's genes in them.
    Would you want a stranger's genes in your baby?
    Yes, especially if the stranger's genes are generally superior to either mine or Leslie's. Every advantage for my children, no matter how strange or how far I have to go to obtain it. I'd incorporate synthetic or even non-human genes into my children if I thought it would give them a competitive advantage.

    Leslie and I have already discussed reproductive options, and we are still considering and discussing those options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It matters to me because I see homosexuality as a block to reproduction.
    There are more than sufficient means around such obstacles, even for couples who are not wealthy enough to avail themselves of modern reproductive technology. Worst case scenario, almost every member of either biological sex is capable of suppressing their instinctual distaste long enough to get the job done.

    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
    Anybody willing to vote for for legal marriage for gay couples should also be willing to vote for legal polygamy marriages.
    Separate animals with separate legal concerns, and, really, with different reasoning in support. Despite my own support for it, the case against polygamy is considerably stronger than the case against gay marriage.

    Any form of polygamy will require reforms to the laws concerning legal parentage, whether it can be shared by multiple persons or how it is to be determine. It will require massive changes in divorce law (though this is already desirable) and changes in how matters such as financial and custody disputes are handled.

    Polyandry is almost as much an impediment to reproduction as homosexuality is, and unless the husbands are very close, it is likely to to lead to considerable domestic conflict. There's a strong reason why the majority, if not the entirety, of polyandrous societies required that the multiple husbands be brothers.

    Polygyny is practically ideal for reproduction, but it leads to "surplus males" in society which aggravates nearly every form of social unrest, from juvenile delinquency to political demonstrations to violent insurrection. I'm a strong supporter of polygyny, but I recognize the necessity of having strong measures in place to deal with the stresses caused by surplus males.

    Other forms of polygamous marriage, such as group and line marriage, all carry their own legal and societal consequences.

    In order to have an effective argument on polygamy, it's necessary to determine exactly what forms of polygamy you are discussing-- which forms you are considering legalizing-- and then tailor the argument to those forms. Simply legalizing it en masse is a recipe for disaster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopettaa View Post
    Same sex marriage is legal in Canada. If it were not and I could vote, I would vote against this. Same sex couples can get equal rights with civil unions. Why must they call it marriage?
    Because the law does not work that way. If it isn't called "marriage", then it isn't really marriage and all of the laws which apply to marriage do not apply to it. It is a separate institution, with separate legal rights, and as a new institution it is only partially formed. There are no equal rights in separate institutions.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,046

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    OMFG. Has anyone checked out the advertisement on this page?

    All gay cruises? Thats scary.

  7. #107
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 04:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post

    I would say that most of those who vote against gay marriage are ignorant bigots, and none of them understand the basics of morality or logic.
    Do you say that most of those who oppose legalizing polygamy are also ignorant bigots and none of htem understand the basics of morality or logic?

  8. #108
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Do you say that most of those who oppose legalizing polygamy are also ignorant bigots and none of htem understand the basics of morality or logic?
    IMO, a man who wants more than one wife at a time is thinking with his small head only.....morals have nothing to do with it, logically it is a dangerous endeavor....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    09-24-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    what religious beliefs in particular? and how are they trying to force them on the public.
    Catholics have beliefs I don't agree with, and are even vocal about them, but I just ignore them. It's easy....
    You must have run across some bad Catholics, I am one and don't share my beliefs with anyone unless asked about them, what they mean, and why they stand, I am in a densely populated Catholic area and have seen maybe 10 fellow Catholics in my life that match your description.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Would you vote to legal same gender marriages?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You must have run across some bad Catholics, I am one and don't share my beliefs with anyone unless asked about them, what they mean, and why they stand, I am in a densely populated Catholic area and have seen maybe 10 fellow Catholics in my life that match your description.
    you are correct, very few do share without asking.....
    once we had 2 couples over to our house for a cookout, and they got in an argument over some doctrine...we stayed out of it, but IIRC, I didn't agree with either of them...
    I used catholics in my example, but can same the same about any organized religion.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •