View Poll Results: Isn't a sad state of affairs?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 72.41%
  • No

    4 13.79%
  • Other

    4 13.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Is it just me or is it sad that...

  1. #11
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How is what I said not true? John Edwards only got a day or two mention and that governor who had a homosexual affair story was spun into "oh he is such a brave man for coming out of the closet".
    That's bull**** and you know it James.

    Edwards had to quit the race because the affair was being televised on every major-network for weeks.

    Our current little fiasco with the Governor of South Carolina is not only because he was a primary suspect for a G.O.P candidate, but that the news networks are patting them selves on the back for being correctly suspecting.

    The day before the big news release that he was banging some Argentinean the networks had him in the headlines. They knew that it was either going to turn out to be that he was dead, on the Appalachian Trails, or in some sort of scandal.

    The networks look to make mad-bank off of the misfortunes of others. The only bias (for the networks) depends on the crowd they are catering to.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  2. #12
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How is what I said not true? John Edwards only got a day or two mention and that governor who had a homosexual affair story was spun into "oh he is such a brave man for coming out of the closet".
    I don't know if it's so much that the liberal media is being easy on democratic politicians so much as democratic politicians doing it is less hypocritical. Social conservatism + hiring hooker = WTF mate?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Edwards had to quit the race because the affair was being televised on every major-network for weeks.
    Of course.

    The media wanted to sling mud, it was an election year, but they didn't want to sling mud at the black guy or the broad, who were their favorites.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Our current little fiasco with the Governor of South Carolina is not only because he was a primary suspect for a G.O.P candidate, but that the news networks are patting them selves on the back for being correctly suspecting.
    Well, possibly. I think the media was blowing it up because the dumb ass did vanish for days, but if he wasn't a Republican they would have dropped it already.

  4. #14
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Of course.

    The media wanted to sling mud, it was an election year, but they didn't want to sling mud at the black guy or the broad, who were their favorites.



    Well, possibly. I think the media was blowing it up because the dumb ass did vanish for days, but if he wasn't a Republican they would have dropped it already.
    They would drop it, if he would just shut the ****-up!!!!

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How is what I said not true? John Edwards only got a day or two mention and that governor who had a homosexual affair story was spun into "oh he is such a brave man for coming out of the closet".
    The factual part has already been taken care of, and was not what I was thinking of. The first part that made it funny is how often the right jump on the "liberal media" bandwagon. It's especially funny in this case because FOX news, the conservative media outlet, jumped on the Michal Jackson bandwagon along with every one else. Why is it every time something negative happens to republicans, or a republican, it is always the left wing media's fault? What ever happened to personal responsibility?

    What makes it especially funny in this case is that using the "liberal media" as a reason that the Michael Jackson threads got more views than the Iran threads on this board is a total non sequitar. What makes it even funnier is that more people on this board identify themselves as conservative than liberal, and yet this is somehow the work of the liberals.

    The last thing that makes it funny is I think I was the first person to bitch about the overdone media coverage of Jackson, and I am a liberal, and yet it is still all the fault of liberals.

    Liberals seem to be your boogeyman, that you pull out to blame everything on. When in doubt, it's liberals, or the liberal media.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    They would drop it, if he would just shut the ****-up!!!!
    Not a chance, not when the alternative is discussing how we're being screwed by the Messiah and his Crap&Trade nonsense.

  7. #17
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Not a chance, not when the alternative is discussing how we're being screwed by the Messiah and his Crap&Trade nonsense.
    I just hope to God that the Senate stops this bill. There are far better ways to curb pollution without fleecing the Middle Class.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I just hope to God that the Senate stops this bill. There are far better ways to curb pollution without fleecing the Middle Class.
    The goal of this bill is to fleece the middle class.

    CO2 isn't a pollutant.

    The earth is cooling, not warming.

    The Al Franken Senate won't stop this, they'll add more pork.

    Destruction of the nation's healthcare industry is next.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,052

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Is it just me or is it sad that the Michael ****ing Jackson thread has more hits than the Iran threads?

    Same thing with the T.V. news networks it's freaking ridiculous.
    Iran is Iran's problem.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,052

    Re: Is it just me or is it sad that...

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    I don't know if it's so much that the liberal media is being easy on democratic politicians so much as democratic politicians doing it is less hypocritical. Social conservatism + hiring hooker = WTF mate?
    Who hired a hooker?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •