View Poll Results: Is Obama doing a good job as President so far?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 30.39%
  • No

    62 60.78%
  • Undecided

    9 8.82%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: Is Obama doing a good job?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Like I said, I never said things are fine and dandy. I still don't think that the hyperbole is warranted, but hey...knock yourself out.
    Is it still hyperbole when it's true?

  2. #52
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    55

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    I have voted no on this question.

    The reason for my negative response is that although he is a gifted rhetorician (which is presumably why the power elites of the left selected him), he has shown himself not to be a particularly effective nor decisive leader.

    Although he has succeeded in keeping himself above the fray so far, I believe that his abdiction of control and authority to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will ultimately lead to his undoing.

    The anti-intellectual and anti-rational demagoguery of that pair will ultimately lead to the demise of what has been a brilliantly conceived and executed strategy.

    As a conservative, I shed no tears but as one who appreciates fine political craft I am suprised at his failure of leadership. Hillary was right, who do you want to answer the phone at 3AM? If you are a liberal hoping for a long run, certainly not a gifted rhetorician!

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    The reason for my negative response is that although he is a gifted rhetorician (which is presumably why the power elites of the left selected him), he has shown himself not to be a particularly effective nor decisive leader.
    Take away the teleprompter, and see what happens to the positives you list.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    Although he has succeeded in keeping himself above the fray so far, I believe that his abdiction of control and authority to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will ultimately lead to his undoing.
    A good thing, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    The anti-intellectual and anti-rational demagoguery of that pair will ultimately lead to the demise of what has been a brilliantly conceived and executed strategy.
    You mean, promise everything to everyone, pay off your friends?

    Every Democrat does that. Nothing special there.


    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    As a conservative, I shed no tears but as one who appreciates fine political craft I am suprised at his failure of leadership.
    Why?

    You didn't expect leadership from someone who's never been in charge of anything, did you?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    Hillary was right, who do you want to answer the phone at 3AM?
    Me.

    Quote Originally Posted by atomsNvoid View Post
    If you are a liberal hoping for a long run, certainly not a gifted rhetorician!
    And most certainly not a gifted teleprompter reader.

  4. #54
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    As my Amish friends would say

    He Sucketh



  5. #55
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    fyi Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvE8tor View Post
    Yes or no? My opinion; is no. Obama hasn't done much to be proud of. He has signed a few bills, and is trying to get this health care plan passed but he hasn't done much else....
    Oh yes he has. He has promoted several CATASTROPHIC proposals and has already signed some of them -- massive bailouts, "stimulus" packages (for government people -- not individuals), socialized health care, and of course, the diabolical Cap and Trade.

    Oh I wish -- I WISH -- he HAD done absolutely NOTHING. If that was the case, he WOULD have been, so far, a GREAT President.

  6. #56
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-09 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    NO! He is spending like no tomorrow driving us deep into debt. He is buying public companies (what is he thinking?). Seems like he wants the government to have a piece of everything. The man is out of control. This is NOT what I signed up for. I felt good during the election. He has lied over and over. What ever happened to "I will post all the bills on the internet so everyone can sere exactly what we are doing".. Has not happened! Oh...by the way. If I wanted to invest in GM I would have purchased stock!!! I could go on for another hour but enough said. The man is WAY more left then I thought and all the spending will drive us into a depression, not get us healthy as a nation.

  7. #57
    Advisor LiveUninhibited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-11-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    549

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Undecided, it's too early. Though I doubt I'll approve in the end. I think >90% of our presidents have totally sucked.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvE8tor View Post
    I just love it when people say, "oh, poor Obama he had so much to deal with from the start, poor him." (not a direct quote from you or anyone else for that matter), and they blame nothing on him.

    Then as soon as Bush gets elected 9/11 happens and everyone blames him for everything including the death of American soldiers.

    This isn't about Bush at all, but just that people don't blame Obama for anything that he's done except for a few key conservatives (Rush Limbaugh, etc.)
    Bush's popularity was among the highest any President has ever achieved after 9/11. It was the Iraq War and how the economy went south under his watch that made people turn against him, deserving or not.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Personal opinion: No.

    But I'm watching, and who knows, he might change my opinion in the future.

    As to how you define "good". In this case, I define "good" as: How close to my personal preference Pres. Obama's actions are
    So, you like Obama because of his actions? I didn't know you supported:

    Switching positions when it's politically convenient; having no principles is always a GREAT quality in a President.

    Signing the largest domestic spending bills in American history without even reading them.

    The firing of Inspectors General in violation of the law (a law he helped legislate) and for purely political purposes, i.e. protecting one of his political allies/cronies.

    Spending hundreds of thousands of tax payers' dollars on a coronation and a night at the Opera while the rest of the country is literally reeling from an economic crisis, one he's pathologically incapable of solving.

    Apologizing to anyone who'll listen and calling it "diplomacy".

    And just being an overall crappy President.

  9. #59
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    Thumbs down Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvE8tor View Post
    Yes or no? My opinion; is no. Obama hasn't done much to be proud of....
    If he could ever learn to do absolutely nothing, he would be doing a much BETTER job.

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Is Obama doing a good job?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvE8tor View Post
    I just love it when people say, "oh, poor Obama he had so much to deal with from the start, poor him." (not a direct quote from you or anyone else for that matter), and they blame nothing on him.

    Then as soon as Bush gets elected 9/11 happens and everyone blames him for everything including the death of American soldiers.

    This isn't about Bush at all, but just that people don't blame Obama for anything that he's done except for a few key conservatives (Rush Limbaugh, etc.)
    Bush was also handed a recession, after a presidency of supposed surpluses.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •