View Poll Results: Should Mark Sanford resign from his current position.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 52.54%
  • No

    29 49.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 181

Thread: Should Sanford resign?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Clinton didn't resign -- why should Sanford?
    Well, hey. Clinton only committed felonies, sexual assault, rape, perjury, that kind of thing. In the eyes of the Left, that's no big deal.

    Sanford is an elected Republican, that makes him Public Enema #1 in the brown eyes of the Left.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The possible misuse of funds.. I love it when I hear that one.

    Without any evidence of actual misuse of funds this argument doesn't have merit.
    You mean outside the fact that Sanford has agreed to re-imburse the state for his personal use of state funds?

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I agree with you, but playing devil's advocate regarding the Clinton thing, it may be that now that he has committed a similar act, he doesn't see that what he did is worthy of resigning. Stated differently, he may see the error of his advice now that he has been in Clinton's shoes (doesn't think that an affair should impact his ability to govern). Maybe?

    Unquestionably, I think Sanford should resign. The AWOL incident is why--not the affair.
    What's the "affair" got to do with it?

    Clinton was impeached because he committed a felony and abused the power of the Presidency to cover it up. The "affair" was only relevant because it's what he committed perjury over, and what the stains on the fat broad's blue dress proved was perjury.

    What felonies has Sanford been proven to commit?

    Misuse of state funds for personal business? Its that a felony? Don't know.

  4. #84
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What's the "affair" got to do with it?

    Clinton was impeached because he committed a felony and abused the power of the Presidency to cover it up. The "affair" was only relevant because it's what he committed perjury over, and what the stains on the fat broad's blue dress proved was perjury.

    What felonies has Sanford been proven to commit?

    Misuse of state funds for personal business? Its that a felony? Don't know.
    He hasn't commited a felony, but he has done something wrong. As the leader of a state, you can't just go off to Argentina without even telling anyone. That's why he's in trouble.

    Everything else he has to deal with his family, and it should stay in his family.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #85
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I agree with you, but playing devil's advocate regarding the Clinton thing, it may be that now that he has committed a similar act, he doesn't see that what he did is worthy of resigning. Stated differently, he may see the error of his advice now that he has been in Clinton's shoes (doesn't think that an affair should impact his ability to govern). Maybe?

    Unquestionably, I think Sanford should resign. The AWOL incident is why--not the affair.
    So, you think a governor who goes AWOL should resign? I mean, try and imagine a governor just escaping for its own sake without telling anyone, and picture yourself calling for his head. I just can't picture it for me... I don't think he should resign.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    He hasn't commited a felony, but he has done something wrong. As the leader of a state, you can't just go off to Argentina without even telling anyone. That's why he's in trouble.

    Everything else he has to deal with his family, and it should stay in his family.
    I'm of the opinion that the guy should be ridden out of town on a rail wearing a suit of tar and those pink blow-dried feathers the queers like on their boas.

    I voted that he should resign since what I just described is not an option on the poll.

    I was pointing out the permanent state of hypocrisy the libtards live in. Not a one of them demanded the Rapist's impeachment, not a one of them demanded his resignation, and yet, there's flocks of them demanding Sanford's letter immediately.

    How'd you vote again?

    Also, politicians campaign on the "trust me more than the other guy" theme.

    They all do.

    When the violation is so egregious that not even the guy's wife and kids can trust him, he should be hauled out from behind his desk, if he won't come out voluntarily. That holds true for all those crooks....er politicians.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 06-30-09 at 08:14 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,052

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvE8tor View Post
    Actually, why would the misuse of funds not have any valid evidence? Didn't Sanford tell the AP that he would be repaying the state for the funds used for the trips? Hmmm, thats odd I didn't know that there wasn't any evidence.
    The trip (singular) was a valid business trip where Argentina was not the only stop in the trip, which was a deal with the US Commerce department.

    The governor was pre-emptively telling everyone to STFU by repaying it before people alledged that he wasn't actually working while there since he had spare time to go out boinking hot Argentinians.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The trip (singular) was a valid business trip where Argentina was not the only stop in the trip, which was a deal with the US Commerce department.

    The governor was pre-emptively telling everyone to STFU by repaying it before people alledged that he wasn't actually working while there since he had spare time to go out boinking hot Argentinians.
    The only part that matters is that he abandoned his duties, without notice, without providing contact information, and without giving anyone, at all, a head's up as to his planned whereabouts. None of us could get away with pulling that kind of stunt on the job. Why should he?

    I could care less that his penis was involved. I do care, however, that his brain apparently wasn't.

  9. #89
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    So because someo politicians are scumbags, that makes it ok? Shoudn't we demand a higher standard from our leaders? Shouldn't we work to change this precendent rather than just giving politicians a free pass?
    In an ideal world yes. But I'm far too jaded to think that could ever happen.

    Ok, I have to make a point here. Adolf Hitler brought his state out of a giagantic recession, reduced unemployment, reduced criminal prosecutions, and envigorated a nation. Not the most moral chap, but according to you....

    I know it is rather cliched, but this is where your logic could lead.
    The analogy is flawed. A leader who goes about starting wars is not a competent leader. Furthermore, Hitler bungled the war by not letting his generals do what was necessary. Furthermore, I was talking about fiscal competence. Mass murder of one's own citizens for scapegoat reasons is not fiscal competency. Besides, the issue is with their own personal life, not state policies. Hence why I cited teabagging hookers. I'd rather have a governor who runs a tight fiscal ship but occasionally visits prostitutes then a governor who runs the state into the ground but has upright moral standing.

    I want a decently run government. What you do in your personal time is your businesses.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,441
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The trip (singular) was a valid business trip where Argentina was not the only stop in the trip, which was a deal with the US Commerce department.

    The governor was pre-emptively telling everyone to STFU by repaying it before people alledged that he wasn't actually working while there since he had spare time to go out boinking hot Argentinians.
    Remember though, he did request Argentina be added to the itinerary for that trip, which does make you go "hmmm".

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •