View Poll Results: Should Mark Sanford resign from his current position.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 52.54%
  • No

    29 49.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 181

Thread: Should Sanford resign?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I actually am not a hair-trigger race-card liberal. My views on race are more then outside of what'd be considered acceptable within the mainstream Democratic party...

    Nevertheless, I know how to separate my personal biases from how I think society at large should operate.

    I think a person can be what some might call a "racist" while understanding that society should treat everyone equally, even if they themselves might not.
    So, you've met before then, right?

  2. #42
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So, you've met before then, right?
    I don't think I know what you mean...?
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I don't think I know what you mean...?
    It was sort of a joke. I mean that I believe the government should treat everyone the exact same way but that belief doesn't negate the fact that some stereotypes are true and worthy of scorn, on a personal level.

    I figured you knew that about me thus the whole, "You've met me before" comment.

  4. #44
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It was sort of a joke. I mean that I believe the government should treat everyone the exact same way but that belief doesn't negate the fact that some stereotypes are true and worthy of scorn, on a personal level.

    I figured you knew that about me thus the whole, "You've met me before" comment.
    You forgot the "me" .

    But yeah, that sounds like a pretty reasonable description of how I feel.

    I also have this really petty issue with black music because I feel like it's stealing the legitimacy away from mine.

    All the musics I listen to goes on and on about "the working class", but the "working class" (at least where I live) doesn't actually listen to my music, they like to top 40 rap and R&B.

    So instead of listening to punk rockers tell them to rise above, they listen to Jay Z or whoever and his pathetic message of petty capitalism and pointless consumerism.

    I feel like it's misguiding the American working class.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    You forgot the "me" .

    But yeah, that sounds like a pretty reasonable description of how I feel.

    I also have this really petty issue with black music because I feel like it's stealing the legitimacy away from mine.

    All the musics I listen to goes on and on about "the working class", but the "working class" (at least where I live) doesn't actually listen to my music, they like to top 40 rap and R&B.

    So instead of listening to punk rockers tell them to rise above, they listen to Jay Z or whoever and his pathetic message of petty capitalism and pointless consumerism.

    I feel like it's misguiding the American working class.
    It's not because I don't care; it's because I really don't even know how to respond to that...that I don't.

    I never really bought into that whole angsty "My message isn't heard" ideal.

    Maybe if punk music were a little more intelligible, I would be more willing to defend it.

  6. #46
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's not because I don't care; it's because I really don't even know how to respond to that...that I don't.

    I never really bought into that whole angsty "My message isn't heard" ideal.

    Maybe if punk music were a little more intelligible, I would be more willing to defend it.
    Well, you have to be someone who genuinely believes in class struggle, and I doubt that you do. I think that music can be a catalyst for real social change.

    I really think the values projecting in top 40 rap is really bad for American culture.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Well, you have to be someone who genuinely believes in class struggle, and I doubt that you do. I think that music can be a catalyst for real social change.

    I really think the values projecting in top 40 rap is really bad for American culture.
    The "values" in rap are bad for America.

  8. #48
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Over this? No.

    I don't think that politicians are good moral leaders. So Sanford being a cheating hypocrite isn't exactly something that's outraging me outside from his campaigning on social conservatism, but I'm pretty jaded to the point where I'm no longer surprised when social conservatives flagrantly ignore their beliefs.

    If Sanford ran the state fiscally well with good employment, low crime and a solid balance sheet, him teabagging hookers isn't that much of a concern to me.

    I'd rather have a competent, but immoral governor rather then an upstanding morally pure governor who couldn't run a kiddie fair well.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #49
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    06-30-10 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The "values" in rap are bad for America.
    I love sounding like my mom with friend by lecturing them about how "the rap music" is destroying the moral fiber of our nation.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I love sounding like my mom with friend by lecturing them about how "the rap music" is destroying the moral fiber of our nation.
    From a big queer to a little queer: it's only going to get stranger from here on. That's a promise.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •