View Poll Results: Should Mark Sanford resign from his current position.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 52.54%
  • No

    29 49.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 181

Thread: Should Sanford resign?

  1. #171
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    To me it shows that he can be honest.

    And lets not all pretend that people get married and never fall "out of love" with that person or only stay with that person out of convenience for their children (because kids are/should be the #1 priority). He lost love for his wife (no telling how long ago) and fell in love with this woman, and it was eating him up inside, due to his personal views on "family" and such.

    At least thats how I see it. It just shows that politicians are REAL PEOPLE too. Apparently too few people WANT them to be real people.
    I see what you mean. His feelings are real. If he expressed those feelings privately to his friends, confidants, I wouldn't think anything of it. But the Associated Press? So his wife, his 3 sons could hear this? Are you kidding me? That incredibly poor judgment speaks horribly about his leadership capabilities.

  2. #172
    Guru
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Plano
    Last Seen
    03-17-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,062

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think that is up to the people of South Carolina.
    I can live with that. He isnt my state governor after all.

    It should be noted he was only honest about it after being cornered in an airport by a reporter.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-war-of-heroes/id536478373?mt=8
    iphone or ipad game

    Use Referral code bfg861256 for a free rare card.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    So his wife, his 3 sons could hear this? Are you kidding me? That incredibly poor judgment speaks horribly about his leadership capabilities.
    She knew about this 5 months ago aps.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    I can live with that. He isnt my state governor after all.

    It should be noted he was only honest about it after being cornered in an airport by a reporter.
    Well gee, he JUST GOT BACK from Argentina. I don't get what your argument there is.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you are critical of the personal lives of politicians.
    Yeah.

    I explained why.

    Explain your failure to hold the people taking your tax dollars to a higher standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    However you have to take into consideration that people's personal and professional lives don't always blend in together.
    Sure I did.

    If they can't handle public live, get out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I am a completely different person on the streets than I am in my house.
    Were you elected to be a street walker?

  6. #176
    Guru
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Plano
    Last Seen
    03-17-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,062

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well gee, he JUST GOT BACK from Argentina. I don't get what your argument there is.
    Just that he failed to notify his staff and family before he left to cheat on his wife. and skip out on the state of course.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-war-of-heroes/id536478373?mt=8
    iphone or ipad game

    Use Referral code bfg861256 for a free rare card.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah.

    I explained why.

    Explain your failure to hold the people taking your tax dollars to a higher standard.
    Their "high standards" when it comes to how they conduct their personal affairs are none of our business?


    If they can't handle public live, get out.
    Maybe we should get out of their private life?


    Were you elected to be a street walker?
    Yes.
    I applied for the job, and then was "elected" by a civil review board.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Just that he failed to notify his staff and family before he left to cheat on his wife. and skip out on the state of course.

    Yep. And his wife seemed no bit bothered by it now did she?

  9. #179
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yep. And his wife seemed no bit bothered by it now did she?
    Are you saying it's alright for him to cheat because his wife knew about it?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #180
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,045

    Re: Should Sanford resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Are you saying it's alright for him to cheat because his wife knew about it?

    Nope.

    Im saying its understandable for a man in love with another woman to do the "see her one last time" closure thing before he ends the relationship and tries to work on repairing his marriage.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •