View Poll Results: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 15.09%
  • No

    20 37.74%
  • I don't know--it would depend (describe circumstances)

    25 47.17%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 141

Thread: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

  1. #71
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    At 15 he can avoid them for a while longer.


    But by 21, he's gonna need some tail.
    True Dat Playa!!!!

  2. #72
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Why do people have the tendency to stray? Tell me if I'm wrong, but once you tell someone you love them, you can't just stop loving them, or you've been lying since the beginning. Thats why I'm 15, have never had a girlfriend, and will as soon as I find the right person. There's no need to hurt someone over a mistake....
    Because it is like Lays, you can't just eat one!!!

  3. #73
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    You know, I do in fact like a girl. I think she is the most wonderful, beautiful, person in the world. At the same time, I understand I don't know her at all. I understand I don't like her, but her body, because that's expected of teens. The funny part is that everytime she saw me, she hugged me, started talking to me, and all that, but I did nothing ( and I didn't see her everyday, and only talked for like 5 mins). Now, she has a boyfriend. I personally am waiting for my emotions over her to subside, because they are really screwing with me while I'm here at Harvard. Call me stupid, but I know I won't have the balls to do anything, just because I chose to be rational about it....

    Next year, I will see her about everyday.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #74
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Why do people have the tendency to stray? Tell me if I'm wrong, but once you tell someone you love them, you can't just stop loving them, or you've been lying since the beginning. Thats why I'm 15, have never had a girlfriend, and will as soon as I find the right person. There's no need to hurt someone over a mistake....
    You're wrong.

    People can and do fall out of love. Sucks massively when it happens, but it does happen. Relationships are complicated that way.

    Don't lose any sleep over the not having had a girlfriend bit. You'll get one soon enough, you'll lose one soon after, and in between you'll do a fun bit of growing up.

  5. #75
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You're wrong.

    People can and do fall out of love. Sucks massively when it happens, but it does happen. Relationships are complicated that way.

    Don't lose any sleep over the not having had a girlfriend bit. You'll get one soon enough, you'll lose one soon after, and in between you'll do a fun bit of growing up.
    I would say that what You define as falling out of love is perhaps more along the lines of growing apart and not keeping the commitment to work to stay together. Definitely the feelings become less intense as time passes, though they are replaced with something deeper and more abiding.

  6. #76
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It has never happened to the Good Reverend, and never would. Obviously.....
    Pride cometh before a great fall

    seriously, hopefully you are one of the lucky ones
    I have trust issues, and assume everyone will eventually **** me over, because most everyone I have given trust, has burned it
    I know another guy who had never had a woman cheat on him. I thought it was a right of passage in youth/early adulthood

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #77
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by hiswoman View Post
    Definitely the feelings become less intense as time passes, though they are replaced with something deeper and more abiding.
    Pretty much sums up what I said earlier, just without the gassy dump part.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #78
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'd like to add that I would not get angry over it, regardless of the scenario.

    I do have a very bad temper, but it really doesn't come out when people do things to me such as this. If I were physically hit, my temper would rise, but emotional hits don't get me angry.

    I've got a weird temper though. I've got a long fuse in many ways, and a nearly invisible fuse in others.
    its an Irish thing dude
    took me until my early 30's to totally reign it in. I do not miss all the fights or holes in the walls
    did make me get pretty good at sheetrocking

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #79
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You're wrong.

    People can and do fall out of love. Sucks massively when it happens, but it does happen. Relationships are complicated that way.

    Don't lose any sleep over the not having had a girlfriend bit. You'll get one soon enough, you'll lose one soon after, and in between you'll do a fun bit of growing up.
    People should choose better, more often. I was actually over at a friends place, and she showed me this site called fmylife.com. There is some messed up **** people do to one another...

    Frankly, I don't want to grow up in that sense. I'd much rather have innocence ( which I don't have) then having to deal with this part of life, because I feel it is all consuming. It takes up to much of people's lives, and I'd much rather focus on working, and studying. Call me a geek
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #80
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Would you forgive your significant other if he/she cheated on you?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Frankly, I don't want to grow up in that sense. I'd much rather have innocence ( which I don't have) then having to deal with this part of life, because I feel it is all consuming. It takes up to much of people's lives, and I'd much rather focus on working, and studying. Call me a geek
    You're a geek.

    And you'll grow out of that too!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •