View Poll Results: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 33.33%
  • No

    19 42.22%
  • I think it is something else first

    10 22.22%
  • I have never known love

    1 2.22%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Do you believe in love at first sight?

  1. #41
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Yes.. It is so romantic.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #42
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,784

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    I believe in love at first sight. I will also say it is very, very rare.

    It has only happend to me one time in my life. I am still married to her and will be until one of us dies.


    No Lives Matter

  3. #43
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,197

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    No I do not believe in love at first site. Its lust at first at first site. Many people confuse the two.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #44
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    I would like to believe in love at first sight. I have heard of many people who have experienced it for themselves. But im a pretty shallow person and i only go for people who are good looking and only care to engage in a relationship with such people. Its not something i am proud of because love with anybody is a magical thing but its my curse i guess. And its a shame because i am pretty lonely in the sense that i have never really loved anyone and nobody has really ever loved me.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 06-28-09 at 10:40 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #45
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I was in love with my wife, but after seeing Courtney.....
    I have mentioned a terrible aspect about living together with women over longer periods ... they tend to get older.
    Rather dead than red!

  6. #46
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I would like to believe in love at first sight. I have heard of many people who have experienced it for themselves. But im a pretty shallow person and i only go for people who are good looking and only care to engage in a relationship with such people. Its not something i am proud of because love with anybody is a magical thing but its my curse i guess. And its a shame because i am pretty lonely in the sense that i have never really loved anyone and nobody has really ever loved me.
    No worries, my friend. I used to have the same story as you. I was very shallow and always finding excuses to break-up with the women I was dating. It was so bad at one point, that I was making-out with a woman and she had bad breath, so I excused myself and never called her again. I would go to holiday parties and see all of my friends with their longtime girlfriends and wives and felt very alone, and upon reflection of my live realized that I was being an idiot about my expectations of partners. Then, I made the resolution to give love a real chance and it was well worth it. I have been with the same woman for 7-years now and I am very glad to have made the change in my life. Marriage is very, very hard, but when you find that person that completes your life, that is the ying to your yang, you will feel this peace that is worth holding on to. Hang in there!

  7. #47
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post
    I have mentioned a terrible aspect about living together with women over longer periods ... they tend to get older.
    What food kills a woman's sex drive immediately?

    Wedding Cake!

  8. #48
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    What food kills a woman's sex drive immediately?

    Wedding Cake!
    Here's a joke. A doctor was giving a lecture on unhealthy food. He said, "almost all food today is unhealthy. You have extreme amounts of sodium in lots of food, high concentrations of saturated fats, and you have a constantly increasing amount of diabetics world wide, but can anyone tell me what the most dangerous food is?"

    A moment of silence passes, then an elderly man in the third row raises his hand and softly syas, "wedding cake."
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #49
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    No worries, my friend. I used to have the same story as you. I was very shallow and always finding excuses to break-up with the women I was dating. It was so bad at one point, that I was making-out with a woman and she had bad breath, so I excused myself and never called her again. I would go to holiday parties and see all of my friends with their longtime girlfriends and wives and felt very alone, and upon reflection of my live realized that I was being an idiot about my expectations of partners. Then, I made the resolution to give love a real chance and it was well worth it. I have been with the same woman for 7-years now and I am very glad to have made the change in my life. Marriage is very, very hard, but when you find that person that completes your life, that is the ying to your yang, you will feel this peace that is worth holding on to. Hang in there!
    Great to see like minded people on here friend. I find it really hard finding people though and find it really difficult to get with people or find people that like me. Hopefully some day ill strike lucky, though
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  10. #50
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Do you believe in love at first sight?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Great to see like minded people on here friend. I find it really hard finding people though and find it really difficult to get with people or find people that like me. Hopefully some day ill strike lucky, though
    Hang in there, you'll find someone. Maybe it will be love at first sight!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •