View Poll Results: Is the European Union a good thing?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 58.33%
  • No

    15 41.67%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 125

Thread: Is the European Union a good thing?

  1. #71
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Implement a new policy which prohibits net tax consumers from voting. If you are living off the largesse of society you've no right to dictate the manner in which it governs.
    Now, that's an idea that makes sense
    Bravo!

  2. #72
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-03-15 @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,439

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Gerstle View Post
    The European Union has provided a common market for European goods and has increased the standard of living in many of the member-states. Many "Eurosceptics," however, fear that as the EU's central government grows stronger as the organization evolves, the member-states lose their independance and their individual national identity.

    What do you think?
    EU and EURO are very good things!
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    a realist and a Utopian socialist
    These things do not go together....
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    As far as the EU goes, if thats what they want, have at it I say. But I don't think its a model we should adapt for ourselves.

    I'm not big on nationalism, to the point where I think it needs to be upheld no matter what, but I support it enough in that I recognize that there are several other types of government I would not want to live under, just to satiate the desire that we all live under one world rule.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #75
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Now, that's an idea that makes sense
    Bravo!
    So you would restrict someones freedom to have a voice in government based on income? It's frighting to think where that would end.


    No Lives Matter

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you would restrict someones freedom to have a voice in government based on income? It's frighting to think where that would end.
    Nope. It's not based upon income. It's based upon one's debt to society.

  7. #77
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Nope. It's not based upon income. It's based upon one's debt to society.
    And who is to be the judge of what one's debt to society is? What is it to be based upon?


    No Lives Matter

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And who is to be the judge of what one's debt to society is?
    A calculator.

    What is it to be based upon?
    The net amount of pecuniary benefits one receives in the form of government services as a proportion of tax revenue they produce over their lifetime.

    Example:

    FY 1 - John Smith receives $5,000 in the form of unemployment checks and produces nothing in the form of tax revenue. Mr. Smith is indebted to society in the amount of $5,000, consequently his voting privileges are revoked until such a time as his debt is repaid.

    FY 2 - John Smith produces $4,000 in tax revenue. Mr. Smith is indebted to society in the amount of $1,000, consequently his voting privileges are revoked until such a a time as his debt is repaid.

    FY 3 - John Smith produces $5,000 in tax revenue. Mr. Smith has created a surplus of revenue in the amount of $4,000, consequently his voting privileges are renewed until such a time when he is indebted to society.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-24-09 at 04:51 PM.

  9. #79
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    A calculator.



    The net amount of pecuniary benefits one receives in the form of government services as a proportion of tax revenue they produce over their lifetime.

    Example:

    FY 1 - John Smith receives $5,000 in the form of unemployment checks and produces nothing in the form of tax revenue. Mr. Smith is indebted to society in the amount of $5,000, consequently his voting privileges are revoked until such a time as his debt is repaid.

    FY 2 - John Smith produces $4,000 in tax revenue. Mr. Smith is indebted to society in the amount of $1,000, consequently his voting privileges are revoked until such a a time as his debt is repaid.

    FY 3 - John Smith produces $5,000 in tax revenue. Mr. Smith has created a surplus of revenue in the amount of $4,000, consequently his voting privileges are renewed until such a time when he is indebted to society.
    I think that is a really bad idea. The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 pretty much agrees.

    I don't think voting should be based on anything other than being a citizen and not convicted of a felony.

    All that would come of this is tyranny of one group over another.

    Taxes used as a weapon against the poor. Again this is a really bad idea.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-24-09 at 05:51 PM.


    No Lives Matter

  10. #80
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is the European Union a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you would restrict someones freedom to have a voice in government based on income? It's frighting to think where that would end.
    No... based on how much they have taken from society against how much they have given society, in the context of tax dollaers.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •