View Poll Results: PUBIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 16.07%
  • No

    47 83.93%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

  1. #11
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I just don't understand why fidelity matters so much to people and why it has to be a "make or break" kinda deal.
    Fidelity is simply a personal expectation. I've known plenty of couples in open relationships, they got along as well as many faithful couples. However I don't think their relationships lasted as long on average. They were completely on fire while they were together but sort of burned out a bit more quickly.

    I couldn't do that I don't think. When I fall in love I really fall in love. For me it's one of those things that either we are together or we are not. Otherwise it's just sex. Which is okay if that's what you're after, but I was never comfortable jumping from woman to woman. I wanted something that had some meaning. My partner has to inspire me, if she doesn't then it just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 06-22-09 at 11:31 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  2. #12
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    GODDAMNIT!...Mods can you edit the poll title please?????



    /fail
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Fidelity is simply a personal expectation. I've known plenty of couples in open relationships, they got along as well as many faithful couples. However I don't think their relationships lasted as long on average. They completely on fire whle they were together but sort of burned out a bit more quickly.

    I couldn't do that I don't think. When I fall in love I really fall in love. For me it's one of those things that either we are together or we are not. Otherwise it's just sex. Which is okay if that's what you're after, but I was never comfortable jumping from woman to woman. I wanted something that had some meaning. My partner has to inspire me, if she doesn't then it just doesn't work.
    I haven't noticed any difference in how long regular marriages vs. open marriages last among the ones I know. I know mine would have lasted a lot longer if my ex wasn't so traditional.

    Monogamy just doesn't work for me. The sad part is that they think I stop loving them. I don't. My heart is big enough for at least two. It's not just about sex either. I don't sleep with people I have no feelings for.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #14
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I haven't noticed any difference in how long regular marriages vs. open marriages last among the ones I know. I know mine would have lasted a lot longer if my ex wasn't so traditional.

    Monogamy just doesn't work for me. The sad part is that they think I stop loving them. I don't. My heart is big enough for at least two. It's not just about sex either. I don't sleep with people I have no feelings for.
    I can dig that. Unfortunately for the guys, I bet you have a trail of broken hearts behind you. You are kinda teh sexeh you know...
    Last edited by Lerxst; 06-22-09 at 11:40 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I can dig that. Unfortunately for the guys, I bet you have a trail of broken hearts behind you. You are kinda teh sexeh you know...
    Why, fanks

    My heart got broken too. I didn't want to end some of those relationships. But I guess it was worth it, because it all led me to the person I'm with now and to no longer pretend to be something I'm not.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #16
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I just don't understand why fidelity matters so much to people and why it has to be a "make or break" kinda deal.
    Because that's how human beings evolved. Cavemen worked hard to provide food to his family, so he wanted to be sure that he was doing so for children with his own genetic material, not someone else's. So he got jealous if he found out that his woman was sleeping with someone else. There wasn't any birth control back then.

    Now, if you find a man who shares your views in infidelity, then fine, but it's unreasonable to expect a man to overcome his evolution.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Not to replace the discussion in the other thread, just a public poll to get a more accurate total on the forum.
    Not in a legal sense, no, but imo I am reserved for my wife and she for me. In that way, a sociological and religious way, we are each other's property.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,394

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Because that's how human beings evolved. Cavemen worked hard to provide food to his family, so he wanted to be sure that he was doing so for children with his own genetic material, not someone else's. So he got jealous if he found out that his woman was sleeping with someone else. There wasn't any birth control back then.

    Now, if you find a man who shares your views in infidelity, then fine, but it's unreasonable to expect a man to overcome his evolution.
    We're a long way from the cavemen days.

    Also, explain this one to me then: What about the guys who expected me to be faithful, but thought it was no big deal if THEY cheated on ME?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    We're a long way from the cavemen days.

    Also, explain this one to me then: What about the guys who expected me to be faithful, but thought it was no big deal if THEY cheated on ME?
    They were douche bags.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: PUBLIC POLL: Do you view women as property?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    We're a long way from the cavemen days.

    Also, explain this one to me then: What about the guys who expected me to be faithful, but thought it was no big deal if THEY cheated on ME?
    Actually, there's a simple explanation for that: those guys are a**holes.

    EDIT: Jerry beat me to it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •