View Poll Results: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is an implied power

    26 81.25%
  • No, it is not mentioned in the Constitution

    2 6.25%
  • Other/Don't know

    4 12.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

  1. #61
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Obviously. Why work at it when I can merely provide a link to the Constitution and a law professor disproving your argument?
    All you're doing is citing someone's opinion. You havent taken the initiative to question that opinion.

    I only told you this for, oh, two pages now.
    No, no you haven't. You yourself admitted that you cannot cite it.
    That said, there;s no way your 'elastic clause' argument can be sound.

  2. #62
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington D-Sig
    Last Seen
    06-30-13 @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    All you're doing is citing someone's opinion. You havent taken the initiative to question that opinion.
    That someone being a law professor who answers the question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, no you haven't. You yourself admitted that you cannot cite it.
    That said, there;s no way your 'elastic clause' argument can be sound.
    Again, you are disagreeing not only with my position, but anybody who studies the Constitution and is knowledgable about it. As I said, don't shoot the messenger. I understand you believe that the US Air Force is unconstitutional, but you're neither a lawyer, a justice, or anyone who has a modicum of knowledge about the document. The fact that you can only repeat the same old argument over and over after I showed you a link directly refuting this argument (from a law professor, nonetheless) tells me or anyone else reading this thread all we need to know. This debate is over, as you can neither cite a reputable source for your position nor is the Air Force challenged by anyone knowledgable in the highest laws of our country as being unconstitutional. Nor is it likely to ever be for the aforementioned reasons.

    I'll let you have the last word.

  3. #63
    User TheAvE8tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    07-05-09 @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    31

    Re: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

    The Constitution does not need to be amended whenever a military branch is being made to protect the citizens of the United States.

    If the citizens of America didn't want it then it would've been protested in the first place.
    Nahum 1:7 - The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.

    VISIT: www.theave8tor.webs.com
    VISIT: www.freewebs.com/live-for-jesus

  4. #64
    User TheAvE8tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    07-05-09 @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    31

    Re: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by singularity View Post
    that someone being a law professor who answers the question.




    Again, you are disagreeing not only with my position, but anybody who studies the constitution and is knowledgable about it. As i said, don't shoot the messenger. I understand you believe that the us air force is unconstitutional, but you're neither a lawyer, a justice, or anyone who has a modicum of knowledge about the document. The fact that you can only repeat the same old argument over and over after i showed you a link directly refuting this argument (from a law professor, nonetheless) tells me or anyone else reading this thread all we need to know. This debate is over, as you can neither cite a reputable source for your position nor is the air force challenged by anyone knowledgable in the highest laws of our country as being unconstitutional. Nor is it likely to ever be for the aforementioned reasons.

    I'll let you have the last word.
    thank you!!!
    Nahum 1:7 - The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.

    VISIT: www.theave8tor.webs.com
    VISIT: www.freewebs.com/live-for-jesus

  5. #65
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is the U.S. Air Force Constitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    That someone being a law professor who answers the question.
    Fallacy: Appeal to authority.

    Again, you are disagreeing not only with my position, but anybody who studies the Constitution and is knowledgable about it.
    For the reasons states a zillion times.
    The Elastic Clause argument necessarily fails because there is no 'foregoing power" to create the AF -- you yourself admit you cannot cite said power.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •