View Poll Results: Where Should We Cut Spending?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Military

    31 40.79%
  • Infrastructure(highways and bridges)

    19 25.00%
  • Social security

    33 43.42%
  • Medicare/Medicaid

    43 56.58%
  • Education

    34 44.74%
  • Arts/public broadcasting

    46 60.53%
  • welfare/unemplyment

    48 63.16%
  • other, please list

    31 40.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 103

Thread: Where Should We Cut Spending

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,451
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    In checking wiki, it looks like the program only actually costs the federal government money when states cannot afford to pay for unemployment. The money is then loaned to the states, to be repaid with interest.

  2. #32
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    When Libertarians drop the whole "legalize all hard drug for recreational use" and "legalize prostitution" gigs, then and only then will I hear smack about Conservative _v_ Libertarian.
    No smack. One walks the walk and the other pays it lip service. Which is why conservatives are in the GOP. They have that common. Lip service to principles. But it's OK. You are what you are. Even if that's a hypocrite.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  3. #33
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    No smack. One walks the walk and the other pays it lip service. Which is why conservatives are in the GOP. They have that common. Lip service to principles. But it's OK. You are what you are. Even if that's a hypocrite.
    Wow, calling someone a hypocrit.

    Is that like, the formal smackdown of the century or what?

    So your no hypocrit there stekim? I am pretty sure if we dig through the lives of everyone here, we can find everyone to be a hypocrit.

    So lets just stop the retarded name calling?

    Libertarians are no more perfect then the R's or the D's.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,451
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Topic, please stick to the topic...

  5. #35
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    No smack. One walks the walk and the other pays it lip service. Which is why conservatives are in the GOP. They have that common. Lip service to principles. But it's OK. You are what you are. Even if that's a hypocrite.
    So in other words, everyone who is not an extremist is a hypocrite?

    EDIT: Sorry Redress, I can only imagine how frustrated this post must make you....

  6. #36
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Wow, calling someone a hypocrit.

    Is that like, the formal smackdown of the century or what?

    So your no hypocrit there stekim? I am pretty sure if we dig through the lives of everyone here, we can find everyone to be a hypocrit.

    So lets just stop the retarded name calling?

    Libertarians are no more perfect then the R's or the D's.
    I don't recall saying anything about libertarians being perfect. They are far more philosophically consistent, however. That's for damn sure. But perfect? Not so much. And if you have any examples of me being a hypocrite, I'm all ears.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Topic, please stick to the topic...
    You don't even realize how that just makes it worse, do you?

    ***
    So yeah, repeal the bailouts and forget all about Obama's national health care program. Just drop it completely like it never existed.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-18-09 at 02:11 PM.

  8. #38
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    So in other words, everyone who is not an extremist is a hypocrite?
    No. If I meant that I would say that. I don't infer much. You can be an extremist and a hypocrite, too. Most are, in fact.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending




    The Constitution is a pretty good guide to what the government is actually allowed to do, so let's look at this chart I borrowed from Dav and see how much we could save if we obeyed the law.

    Socialist Security isn't allowed, that's 21%
    Medicare gets the boot, that's 14%
    WTF is "income security". Sayonara, income security, that's 13% more.
    Health? Clearly not a federal issue under the Constitution. Save 10%
    Education, etc? No, not the feds' problem. Save 3% more.

    So that's...21+14+13+10+3 = 61% of budget is unconstitutional off the top.

    Add in a few percent, probably half, for the military that's being abused right now, for a another 10%, and we could hack off 3/4 of the US budget merely by obeying the law, and pay down the national debt fairly quickly.

  10. #40
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Where Should We Cut Spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post



    The Constitution is a pretty good guide to what the government is actually allowed to do, so let's look at this chart I borrowed from Dav and see how much we could save if we obeyed the law.

    Socialist Security isn't allowed, that's 21%
    Medicare gets the boot, that's 14%
    WTF is "income security". Sayonara, income security, that's 13% more.
    Health? Clearly not a federal issue under the Constitution. Save 10%
    Education, etc? No, not the feds' problem. Save 3% more.

    So that's...21+14+13+10+3 = 61% of budget is unconstitutional off the top.

    Add in a few percent, probably half, for the military that's being abused right now, for a another 10%, and we could hack off 3/4 of the US budget merely by obeying the law, and pay down the national debt fairly quickly.
    You could not be elected to the position of dog catcher on a platform like that! Remember, old people vote more than young people. They will run anyone who gets close to medicare or social security out of town on a rail.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •