View Poll Results: How do You rate George W. Bush's Presidency?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's The Best President We've Ever Had

    5 4.55%
  • He Was One Of The Best

    7 6.36%
  • He Was Pretty Good

    8 7.27%
  • He's Alright

    9 8.18%
  • He Was Kind Of Bad

    14 12.73%
  • He Was One Of The Worst

    51 46.36%
  • He Was The Worst

    16 14.55%
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 384

Thread: Bush's Presidency

  1. #51
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    "I did not have sex with that woman!"
    What proof do you have that when Clinton said that he wasn't talking about Hillary?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    What proof do you have that when Clinton said that he wasn't talking about Hillary?
    You mean besides the five second liar's pause while he tries to remember which woman he's not supposed to be having sex with before he names the Lewinski broad?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    And yet you offered not a shred of 'proof' about anything in your OP. Unless you consider listing a string of events such as Katrina and 9/11 'proof' that Bush was a miserable president.

    We could just as easily 'prove' that Clinton was a miserable president by offering up a similar list... Bin Laden, the 1993 WTC bombing, Monica Lewinsky, perjury, impeachment, Oklahoma City, the Waco Massacre, Elian Gonzalez, the Rwanda massacre, Monica Lewinsky, "I did not have sex with that woman!", Mogadishu, the O.J. verdict, the blue dress...

    Yeah, committing felony perjury and getting impeached for it is a pretty good sign that a president sucked royalty....er royally.

    Just why did The Messiah bow to the Muslim King again?

  4. #54
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You mean besides the five second liar's pause while he tries to remember which woman he's not supposed to be having sex with before he names the Lewinski broad?
    That was the part that always impressed me.

    If a guy actually has to stop to think about which woman he's not supposed to be having sex with....boy's got something goin' on!

  5. #55
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    And yet you offered not a shred of 'proof' about anything in your OP. Unless you consider listing a string of events such as Katrina and 9/11 'proof' that Bush was a miserable president.

    We could just as easily 'prove' that Clinton was a miserable president by offering up a similar list... Bin Laden, the 1993 WTC bombing, Monica Lewinsky, perjury, impeachment, Oklahoma City, the Waco Massacre, Elian Gonzalez, the Rwanda massacre, Monica Lewinsky, "I did not have sex with that woman!", Mogadishu, the O.J. verdict, the blue dress...

    I think Bush's biggest faults was with the Iraq War and his tax cuts along with his increased spending.

    Bill Clinton may have done some military engagements in Europe, but he didn't take America out of the Cold War into any new long involvements that we shouldn't have been in.

    But of course, Bush's biggest fault was his increased medicare funding along with his tax cuts that drastically increased the defecit (during a healthy economy) compared with Clinton's great fiscal policy.

    Of course, I am against Bush on his increased gun control and religious policies, but those are very insignificant compared with his fiscal mess. Obama may do worse, (with the economy factored in) but we will see.

  6. #56
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    the 1993 WTC bombing, Monica Lewinsky, perjury, impeachment, Oklahoma City, the Waco Massacre, Elian Gonzalez, the Rwanda massacre,
    At least during his reign the WTC's didn't collapse. Impeachement? Which didn't wasn't passed? Rwanda? Oh, come on, Bush has worse in Darfur.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  7. #57
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    At least during his reign the WTC's didn't collapse.
    True.

    But during Bush's reign Pearl Harbor wasn't bombed devastating our Pacific naval fleet. So by that measure FDR was a far more miserable president, militarily, than Bush.


  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Misunderestimated me, you have
    That's an admitted possibility.

    One way to clear this up:

    How do you pronounce the word NUCLEAR?

    The way it's spelled (like any normal person with 1/2 a brain) ....or NUKULAR?
    Last edited by Devil505; 06-16-09 at 08:56 AM.

  9. #59
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That's an admitted possibility.

    One way to clear this up:

    How do you pronounce the word NUCLEAR?

    The way it's spelled (like any normal person with 1/2 a brain) ....or NUKULAR?
    I have to agree.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7spOEfRN-0&feature=related]YouTube - Reagan-Carter debate: Amy's opinion[/ame]


  10. #60
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Bush's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    True.

    But during Bush's reign Pearl Harbor wasn't bombed devastating our Pacific naval fleet. So by that measure FDR was a far more miserable president, militarily, than Bush.

    And at the sametime, Bush didn't lead a highly victorious war, against a defined enemy: the Facists. And had he not died, he would have seen their epic defeat. And economically, FDR stopped the greatest economic depression we've ever seen in America, whereas Bush created an average economic decline.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •