View Poll Results: Which should be legal for average citizens to own and use?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • VX

    10 16.67%
  • Aersol Ebola

    9 15.00%
  • Nuclear Weapons

    6 10.00%
  • Jet Fighters with full munitions

    20 33.33%
  • Claymores and Mines

    29 48.33%
  • Anti-Armor Missiles

    27 45.00%
  • Machine Guns

    40 66.67%
  • Handguns

    57 95.00%
  • Automatic Rifles

    49 81.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 258

Thread: Limits to Private Arsenals

  1. #121
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And where am I legally going to attain them?
    Any class-III dealer in your state.
    What state IS your state?

  2. #122
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If you take into account the rest of what I said and don't take one paragraph out of context, you would see with perfect clarity.

    "It is really sad that some people are unwilling to admit that times have changed. If common sense cannot be applied reasonably to account for our changing society, we mite as well issue in a new dark age right now.

    The Constitution (as much as I believe in it) is over 200 years old. Society's, technology and people change. We have to adapt to these changes or be like a large part of the Middle East and still living in the 15th century.
    " - Blackdog
    I dont see an asnwer to my question.
    Do you or do you not apply your 'technology has changed from the time of the founders and so the Constitution isnt really able to cover today's technology' to CNN, the internet and the telephone -- or not?
    if not, why not?

  3. #123
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    both questions can be answered in a variety of ways....so Ill chose my OPINIONATED take on them...
    1) Under most state laws....semi-auto are legal for transport (hunting, shooting range etc...).
    No.. I asked why it is that registration makes it OK to own them.

    2) I choose to register ALL of my firearms for the reason stated here: If by chance one or more of my guns is/are stolen and used in the commission of a felony or other type of illegal activity. I WANT MY NAME TO BE CLEARED.
    Ok... but your post made it sound as if registration should be mandatory.

  4. #124
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,775

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont see an asnwer to my question.
    Do you or do you not apply your 'technology has changed from the time of the founders and so the Constitution isnt really able to cover today's technology' to CNN, the internet and the telephone -- or not?
    if not, why not?
    Why do you keep ignoring the words "reasonable" and "common sense."

    I don't because using common sense or being a reasonable individual you can conclude an RPG is not the same threat to society as a CNN news report or someones blog.

    It is the same kind of common sense that governs yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.


    No Lives Matter

  5. #125
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring the words "reasonable" and "common sense."
    Because these are subjective terms that allow you to apply your argument where you want to, rather than in a consistient manner. You dont want to have to do that, and so you use those weasel-words.

    If you do not want to apply your argument across theboard because to do so seems unreasonable to you, that should tell you someting about the soundess of your argument.

    I don't because using common sense or being a reasonable individual you can conclude an RPG is not the same threat to society as a CNN news report or someones blog.
    Really? Is that why libel and slander and inciting a riot and giving away information that comprimises national security are legal?
    Oh wait -- they arent! Why is that?
    Because they create a threat to society sufficient to jusify the determinatiuon that they are outside the right of free speech, and so can be banned -- a threat that is at LEAST as great as an individual with an RPG.

    So, why not require licenses for those that report the news and post a blog?

    It is the same kind of common sense that governs yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.
    Common sense doesnt play into that at all -- said prohibition is based on the idea that your rights extend only so far as they do not harm others.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring the words "reasonable" and "common sense."
    That's like asking a fish why it swims. Just sayin...

  7. #127
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,775

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Because these are subjective terms that allow you to apply your argument where you want to, rather than in a consistient manner. You dont want to have to do that, and so you use those weasel-words.
    So common sense and "reasonable" are now weasel words?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If you do not want to apply your argument across theboard because to do so seems unreasonable to you, that should tell you someting about the soundess of your argument.
    It tells me something alright. It tells me you ignored most of my argument and don't want to admit that times and society's change and the laws must do so as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Really? Is that why libel and slander and inciting a riot and giving away information that comprimises national security are legal?
    They are not legal, again it is just common sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Oh wait -- they arent! Why is that?
    Because they create a threat to society sufficient to jusify the determinatiuon that they are outside the right of free speech, and so can be banned -- a threat that is at LEAST as great as an individual with an RPG.
    You have got to be kidding. See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, why not require licenses for those that report the news and post a blog?
    Did you even bother to read what I posted? It does not have to be a specific license, in can be as you stated in the case above over site in one form or another.

    You just proved my point for me, Thanks

    Please read what I am saying and don't just gloss over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Common sense doesnt play into that at all
    Yes it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    -- said prohibition is based on the idea that your rights extend only so far as they do not harm others.
    This is what I am saying.

    PS you know why I changed my listing from Very Conservative to Moderate? Because I don't want to be associated with the lunacy I see coming from to many self proclaimed conservatives here.

    It's not all of them, but so many I really no longer wish to be associated.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-10-09 at 01:04 PM.


    No Lives Matter

  8. #128
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,533

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why do you keep ignoring the words "reasonable" and "common sense."

    I don't because using common sense or being a reasonable individual you can conclude an RPG is not the same threat to society as a CNN news report or someones blog.

    It is the same kind of common sense that governs yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.
    I like you. Stick around please.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #129
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,533

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, why not require licenses for those that report the news and post a blog?
    You do need a license to broadcast television.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_license]Broadcast license - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    News channels fall into that category.

    ---------------------------------------------

    Accepting
    the terms of use blog providers/websites have is more or less the same thing as a license to operate a blog. The moment you violate those terms of use - they can do one of many things : 1. Remove your blog 2. Report your blog to the authorities if you've broken a law etc.

    I think you should really read up on this matter and what kind of legal obstacles are put in front of "free speech" every single day.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 06-10-09 at 01:13 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #130
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Limits to Private Arsenals

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So common sense and "reasonable" are now weasel words?
    As I said:
    They are subjective terms that allow you to apply your argument where you want to, rather than in a consistient manner
    I note that you dont even bother to deny that...

    It tells me something alright. It tells me you ignored most of my argument and don't want to admit that times and society's change and the laws must do so as well.
    If thats what it tells you, then "common sense" and "reasonable" are traits you do not possess.

    If the only way your argument works is when you apply it selectively across similar circumstances, based on when you think it makes sense, then your argument, at best, has HUGE holes in it.

    This describes your technology argument -- that some items of technology are covered by the constitution and some arent, even though NONE of them are anything that the founders could have ever dreamed of.

    And, to further address the unsoundness of your argument, lets interject a little 'common sense' -- which would Thomas jefferson find more familiar - an M16 or a computer hooked to the internet?

    They are not legal, again it is just common sense.
    You have got to be kidding. See above.
    I see you didnt bother to answer my question.
    You base your argument on requiring licenses for (whatever weapon) on the threat they pose to society.
    Given that those that report the news, etc, pose at least that level of threat, as evidenced by the banning of certain actions they might take, what argument is there that they too should not also require a license?

    You just proved my point for me, Thanks
    Please read what I am saying and don't just gloss over it.
    I havent proven anything -for- you -- I have, however, proven you to be subjective and inconsistent.

    Yes it does.
    No, it doesnt -- its based on the legal concept that your rights extend so far as they do not harm anyone else. That's not "common sense", that s a basic tenet of what rights are.

    This is what I am saying.
    REALLY.
    Tell me then:
    What rights of yours do I violate by my simple possession of a weapon that is protected by the 2nd amendment?

    PS you know why I changed my listing from Very Conservative to Moderate? Because I don't want to be associated with the lunacy I see coming from to many self proclaimed conservatives here.
    Whatever, dude. I really dont care.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •