View Poll Results: Is Islam incompatible with religion?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, there are other factors

    22 45.83%
  • Yes, because there is no separation between church & state over there

    10 20.83%
  • Yes, because the Koran is their only law, and it is against democracy

    12 25.00%
  • Yes, because it's "foreign" to their culture, democracy is a Western concept

    4 8.33%
  • other

    6 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

  1. #71
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post
    I do neither support Islam nor the Western Democracy as such.

    What to be proud of? That we bomb out countries that do not allow abortion? That we bomb out Slavic people that don't want to let their children be smacked for not being Albanian?

    I consider the Western Democracy to be the deadly enemy of the values many people connect with Western Democracy.

    However Islam I see as a similar problem as the Western Democracy.

    Respect of each other is the key - too many "Western Democrats" (takes me a laughther) as well as too many Muslims cannot respect each other. I do neither appreciate one concept nor the other.

    I do not understand Samuel Huntington. In "Who are we" e.g. he describes how Western Democracies loose their identity due to mass immigration - in the U.S. Latinos, in Europe Muslim immigrants -, so he is in fear that our perfect Western Democracy is at stake ...

    Hallo? Mass immigration and the permanent propaganda that we are the evil White men who have to take care of them and support those people is everything Western Democracy stands for up to what I experienced. Western Democracy means labelling the White Man as the source of all evil in the world. What does he critizise? The failure of a concept which contains this failure?

    I hope that there are concepts coming from our societies which can challenge the Western Democracies. There are strong Christian Movements in the U.S. or some Libertarian or National movements ins Europe which can challange our contemorary Western Democracies. Otherwise we will not be able to handle the threats like the radical Islam e.g.
    I do not support Islam either, but this just seems like white supremacist crap to me. How is democracy labelling the white man as the source of all evil?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #72
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I do not support Islam either, but this just seems like white supremacist crap to me. How is democracy labelling the white man as the source of all evil?
    I do not know if you understand German language.

    article fpr men being guilty of clima change

    Wihte men guilty of economic crisis

    White men ruin the world

    I could throw links at you until you die, but I do not think that a discussion makes sense, when it is simply not your impression.

    For me it is a contradiction to support our current system, but blaming Islam for anything which develops in the wrong direction.

    Or in the case of Huntington "Who are we" blaming Latinos.
    Rather dead than red!

  3. #73
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post
    I do not know if you understand German language.

    article fpr men being guilty of clima change

    Wihte men guilty of economic crisis

    White men ruin the world

    I could throw links at you until you die, but I do not think that a discussion makes sense, when it is simply not your impression.

    For me it is a contradiction to support our current system, but blaming Islam for anything which develops in the wrong direction.

    Or in the case of Huntington "Who are we" blaming Latinos.
    Im not too sure what your stance is your post makes no sense. So your against western democracy, but what does this have to do with Islam? What makes you think i understand German anyway
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #74
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Im not too sure what your stance is your post makes no sense. So your against western democracy, but what does this have to do with Islam? What makes you think i understand German anyway
    1. Liberte, Egalite, Fraterlite were the ideals of the French revolution.

    I think human beings can be different due to different backgrounds. WIth respect to that I would not support immigration unselectively, because it can lead to conflicts. That is a contradiction to the ideals of the Western democracy. How can you say that there can emerge problems with the Islam if human beings are equal?

    For me it is an obvious contradiction. So if you are that conform to Western value why are you (as I read in another thread) against the Turkish people joining the EU and immigrate in e.g. UK? According to the Western value they are the same people like you! So why don't you like lets say 20 Million Turks living in the UK when there is no difference to UK people? According to Western values I would say you should welcome your brothers.

    2. I am sorry, I simply do not like to tranlate all the text and these were some texts I remembered when you asked me - I can only tell you what I read from time to time in the newspaper, what I experience and what my impression is. And my daily life takes place in Germany. Nevertheless one of these texts is in English, maybe we can discuss that.

    What do you think of what Lula said and how would the Western world react if he would't use the White man as a scapegoat, but Black people or Jews or whatever?
    Rather dead than red!

  5. #75
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Typical white nationalist rant against liberalism.
    That was my first impression too lol


  6. #76
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That was my first impression too lol
    So how about you giving a comment to the civilized Western way I gave examples for?
    Rather dead than red!

  7. #77
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post

    For me it is an obvious contradiction. So if you are that conform to Western value why are you (as I read in another thread) against the Turkish people joining the EU and immigrate in e.g. UK? According to the Western value they are the same people like you! So why don't you like lets say 20 Million Turks living in the UK when there is no difference to UK people? According to Western values I would say you should welcome your brothers.
    Because i may be Turkish by race but my nationality is British. I was born in this country and grew up here and i know whats good for this country and whats bad for it in most cases. I dont have a problem with Turks immigrating here but like ANY group of people i dont want them immigrating in the hundreds of thousands, because thats bad news for the natives who cant find jobs because of mass immigration, the cultural identity of the nation and the social structure of the UK in general. I say i dont want thousands of Poles or whatever it is immigrating here and taking our jobs, so to say i dont mind if Turks come would be hypocritical of me so i have to stick to this decision. And yes, therefore it would make a difference to the people living in the UK. What impact have 2 million Turks had in Germany? From what i hear, not good at all.

    2. I am sorry, I simply do not like to tranlate all the text and these were some texts I remembered when you asked me - I can only tell you what I read from time to time in the newspaper, what I experience and what my impression is. And my daily life takes place in Germany. Nevertheless one of these texts is in English, maybe we can discuss that.
    Okay sure. I didnt expect you to translate so its OK.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #78
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    ...
    Ok, what we learned:

    1. The terror of the French revolution has nothing to do with Western Democracy.
    2. In Western Democracies all torturers and war criminals have been sentenced. From the French Revolution - ah sorry, nothing to do with Western Democracy (lol) - up to the Iraq War. Splendid.
    3. To the different laws for males and females you cannot give any comment instead of you can give general comments on Spain. Was not asked, but nice.
    4. To the fact that affirmative actions is NOT blind for race or gender you cannot say anything.

    To sum up:
    You rewrite history and you ignore arguments when you cannot reply. Congratulations.
    Rather dead than red!

  9. #79
    Advisor Glücksritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Last Seen
    12-04-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    366

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Because i may be Turkish by race but my nationality is British. I was born in this country and grew up here and i know whats good for this country and whats bad for it in most cases. I dont have a problem with Turks immigrating here but like ANY group of people i dont want them immigrating in the hundreds of thousands, because thats bad news for the natives who cant find jobs because of mass immigration, the cultural identity of the nation and the social structure of the UK in general. I say i dont want thousands of Poles or whatever it is immigrating here and taking our jobs, so to say i dont mind if Turks come would be hypocritical of me so i have to stick to this decision. And yes, therefore it would make a difference to the people living in the UK. What impact have 2 million Turks had in Germany? From what i hear, not good at all.
    I do not want to generalize, there are some good effects you tend to take for granted and there are bad effects which oftentimes occur to you. I do not want to be injustice, let us say at least there are negative effects as well. Let's say at least we should protect against new mass immigration, just as you say.

    You talk about "cultural identity". I do not see any possibility to reconcile concepts like "cultural identity" with those of Western Democracy at least as politician interpret Western values today.



    Okay sure. I didnt expect you to translate so its OK.
    I think the second is the link which is in English. It is about White men with blue eyes which created the finance crisis.
    Rather dead than red!

  10. #80
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Is Islam incompatible with democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glücksritter View Post
    I think the second is the link which is in English. It is about White men with blue eyes which created the finance crisis.
    Racists in every walk of life, besides it's not like it was stated by someone from a credible country [No offence to Brazil]


Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •