View Poll Results: Will Obama's cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 13.89%
  • No

    31 86.11%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,498
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    mmmm I'm not so sure. I don't think Obama could withdrawal support from Israel without causing major disorder among our citizens. Nor do I think Congress would allow him to threaten them in any genuine way. What he can do is talk in a way that aims to change or cause a shift in popular opinion of Israel but even that would be alarming.

    I don't foresee him doing anything. That's why his chosen language in Cairo was a tad disingenuous.

    Really he's saying, "Stop," but he means exactly what Bush meant. The settlements are an issue, one of many issues, and we don't support them. That said we're not going to do anything other than verbally disparage them. Overblown inflammatory speech is not the same as a policy shift or change.
    I am not talking political realities. The reality is we are going to keep doing what we are doing. What we should do is somewhat different.

    By the way, file this one away as another example I can point to when I get accused of blindly following Obama.

  2. #82
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,321

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wrong, we just have never pushed away, for political and other reasons.

    Yes, I am calling them fools.

    Wrong, we do not need Israel.
    I rest my case.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    From most intel reports that have made way into the media, since Obama has taken office new recruits for Al-Qaida have been down, the Taliban as well. Thus, bin Laden's new recording to tell Muslims not to trust Obama. So I would argue that his stance is working.
    Why do you say that? Can you cite the verse in the Koran the tells muslims to not harm jellyfish and other spineless critters?

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,498
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I rest my case.
    You have not made your case.

  5. #85
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,321

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have not made your case.
    You couldn't tell a case even if it was under your nose.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,498
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You couldn't tell a case even if it was under your nose.
    Do you always end up resorting to personal insults when you lose an argument?

  7. #87
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,321

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you always end up resorting to personal insults when you lose an argument?
    No, I actually do so when I win an argument.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #88
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Obama's speech was great. He was very well received, he seemed very sincere, and I think that those in attendance picked up on that. Obama, more than any President in recent history, has more of a chance in extracting positive results (for the U.S.) out of his foreign policy in the Middle East.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  9. #89
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No, I actually do so when I win an argument.
    Well then you should refrain in this thread because you certainly didn't "win."
    Last edited by Lerxst; 06-04-09 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fixed it
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Will Obama's Cairo speech motivate a new set of terror attacks in the ME?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    It is called building new settlements.
    Hand them condoms. If they want children, leave and go into a city. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that is NOT their land to play with?
    It is Israel's land.

    They're the victors in the war the nations that used to possess the land started.

    Your rationale would say that the United States shouldn't have occupied and developed California after the Mexican American war.

    Nuts to that.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •