Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Will people ever truly unite?

  1. #51
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,723

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    That is wrong!! As a virulent anto-theist myself, I have to disagree with you. Almost every war in the history of mankind has been about self-interest(very often economic). It is just cloaked in the fervor of nationalist sentiment or religion!! The 2 play the same purpose. They give ambitious countries and leaders the justification to invade peoples, who they want to use for economic, strategic, or some other gains. Religion is right up there with nationalism as being the most used justification of Murder and death in human history, but usually it is just a cloak to hide more base goals!!
    Brilliant answer MR Frodly!

    You are pretty smart for a liberal.


    No Lives Matter

  2. #52
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thats a pretty uninformed comment. Got any proof to back that up?

    Let's use just WWI and WWII as an example. The 2 largest wars in the history of man kind, and had nothing to do with religion.

    So getting rid of religion would not change things much. We as people would just replace it with something else.
    Agreed, getting rid of religion would change little. The world would still be divided and wars would still occur. Humans are just naturally like that


  3. #53
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    The KGB is a POWER which systematically and ruthlessly MURDERED about SIXTY MILLION of my countrymen, and still engages in the killing of innocent defenseless people all over the world.
    Love Letter to America

    .
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


  4. #54
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,052

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    That is wrong!! As a virulent anto-theist myself, I have to disagree with you. Almost every war in the history of mankind has been about self-interest(very often economic). It is just cloaked in the fervor of nationalist sentiment or religion!! The 2 play the same purpose. They give ambitious countries and leaders the justification to invade peoples, who they want to use for economic, strategic, or some other gains. Religion is right up there with nationalism as being the most used justification of Murder and death in human history, but usually it is just a cloak to hide more base goals!!
    And those who actually conducted the murder? The footsoldiers, why do you think they did it? For economics? Or for the USED JUSTIFICATION reasons mentioned above? Hm?

    The pussy politicians or emporers had one reason, BUT, who did they kill?

    The person killing was doing it in the name of what exactly? Economics? Or Religion?

  5. #55
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    With Inferno's version of Utopia, there would be no freedom and no tolerance.
    You have zero idea what you are talking about when it comes to my vision. I could not even pretend to have an idea as to what you are thinking. Where did you get this gift of ESP?
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  6. #56
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Nah, unless Aliens comes and attacks us. We have nothing to bring together the human race.
    We tend to overlook our differences if there is a common enemy.
    And besides, the closest we will get is acceptance of others differences and utopia will never occur on this earth whilst humans are still around.
    If it is possible to think it it is possible to achieve this. We so limit ourselves. I would hope that someday we could do far better than the war mongering that we find so acceptable. If we can do war and hate can't we do peace and love to the benefit of all?

    Is humanity that limited in it's ability to find harmony? I guess i like to think that we can evolve beyond our limitations.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  7. #57
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thats a pretty uninformed comment. Got any proof to back that up?

    Let's use just WWI and WWII as an example. The 2 largest wars in the history of man kind, and had nothing to do with religion.

    So getting rid of religion would not change things much. We as people would just replace it with something else.
    Let's look at WWII. When did Jewish become anything other than a religion?
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    If it is possible to think it it is possible to achieve this. We so limit ourselves. I would hope that someday we could do far better than the war mongering that we find so acceptable. If we can do war and hate can't we do peace and love to the benefit of all?

    Is humanity that limited in it's ability to find harmony? I guess i like to think that we can evolve beyond our limitations.
    Not really.
    I can think we can do many things, the reality is very different.
    Wars will always happen, divisions will always be there and deaths will never be a thing of the past. That is reality and that is how the world will always be.

    Peace and love is fictional things, it may work on individual levels but such a thing will never happen with nations. Countries will always look out for their own interest and the protection of their citizens.


  9. #59
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Not quite.
    Ask how many tens of million Stalin killed.
    How many Chairman Mao killed with his Great Leap Forward.

    That's between 40 to 60 million for The Godless Ones.
    Call it Mechanized Death.

    It's not even close.

    ROTFLMAO.
    We have Marx in our midst..
    I really hope you are nit trying to say that Stalin and Mao were socialists. That would really be funny. I must be misunderstanding you.

    No I am not Marx. But I am working in that direction.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  10. #60
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will people ever truly unite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

    Is humanity that limited in it's ability to find harmony? I guess i like to think that we can evolve beyond our limitations.

    While your ideas may appeal to many and I see nothing wrong with them for those that share your dream. I believe mankind as a whole would never let this happen. We are a generaly selfish breed.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •