View Poll Results: Will we have revolution? in your life time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we will have revolution and yes it will be in my lifetime

    5 20.83%
  • Yes we will someday have revolution but not any time soon.

    8 33.33%
  • No it will not happen.

    11 45.83%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Revolution?

  1. #51
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    We have a voluntary military. They are not firing at American soil or citizens.
    Mostly you are correct. However, there are those whom have a lineage of serving this Nation-State, and they are drawn to their role as the defenders of the Union.
    Do remember that soldiers are made out of pharmacists during times of great conflict. Deserters to the banner of the US Military will be held as traitors.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Ye know I find it weird, Scarecrow, that you can consider Socialism, as the tool of these men (Stalin, Che, Mao), the demon that needs to be banished. However, I am assure you are highly protective of Gun-Rights. Why do you not apply the logic that guns do not kill people, people kill people to Socialism?

    I must remind you all. Socialism did not make these names (Stalin, Che, Mao), these names branded their own Socialism.
    I must reminds you that just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not correct. All socialists have a serious disconnect understanding history, since they want to pretend that some mysterious economic force rules the world when in the reality what rules human actions is the people making those events happen.

    Yes, Stalin, Cheese, Mayo, Pol Pot, Castro, Hitler, Hussein, Mugabe, and all the rest have modified some nonsensical generic whitebread of socialism to fit their own agenda of power acquisition and murder. It's what socialism is for.

    Socialism is a religion for the ignorant masses and like all religions it is used as a tool by the cunning manipulators to control those masses, gain power, and serve their own selfish purposes.

    Once you've matured to the point that you can recognize socialism for the religion that it is, you can begin maybe to divorce yourself from the Ruby Slippers and Kool-Aid aspects of it. Most do not, however.

  3. #53
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,779

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Before you call someone dishonest you may want to be more informed of the topic on which you speak.

    Then explain to me how Your capitalism is more voluntary than my socialism. Please I am interested to know more.
    You will have to explain to me what fantasy version of socialism you subscribe to. If it's some dreamy existence where everyone agrees to to a utilitarian utopia of pure equality, then what's the point debating? We might as well debate about if superman could beat up batman.

    I'm speaking of the real kind of socialism we see in the real world. Where people are forced to submit to a "greater good"

    You may want to tell me after you pay your income tax and your food tax and your gas tax and your inheritance tax and your tax on tax. let me know which of those is voluntary for you. I will stop paying that as well.
    what do various forms of taxation have to do with your point or even a discussion of capitalism for that matter?

  4. #54
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Mostly you are correct. However, there are those whom have a lineage of serving this Nation-State, and they are drawn to their role as the defenders of the Union.
    Do remember that soldiers are made out of pharmacists during times of great conflict. Deserters to the banner of the US Military will be held as traitors.
    They just need a little convincing.
    Let's figure it out.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    This is an intelligent post. I like it. That is why I keep saying that there are bastardizations of socialism. These forms are not socialism in fact. They are concoctions thrown up by violent revolution. They make a tyrant leader.
    What you're trying to say is the equivalent of saying that Southern Baptists aren't Christians, nor are Lutherans, Mormons (Mormons are christians, just ask one), Methodists, Catholics, or Branch Davidians.

    The fact is that they're all Christians, and all the dictators I listed are all socialists.

    Just because you want to pretend that their brand of socialism is so different from your brand of socialism that they can't possibly be socialists doesn't make it true.

    You want to pretend your evil religion isn't responsible for the deaths of over a hundred million people just as today's Christians want to pretend that the practice of Christianity isn't responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions over the millenia.

    You're both wrong.

  6. #56
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I must reminds you that just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not correct. All socialists have a serious disconnect understanding history, since they want to pretend that some mysterious economic force rules the world when in the reality what rules human actions is the people making those events happen.
    Haha. Please explain to me how Capitalism and Adam Smith's Invisible hand cannot be described as "some mysterious economic force"?

    Yes, Stalin, Cheese, Mayo, Pol Pot, Castro, Hitler, Hussein, Mugabe, and all the rest have modified some nonsensical generic whitebread of socialism to fit their own agenda of power acquisition and murder. It's what socialism is for.
    Please show me how this is only an attribute of Socialism and not Capitalism or any other form of Economy/Gov't.

    Socialism is a religion for the ignorant masses and like all religions it is used as a tool by the cunning manipulators to control those masses, gain power, and serve their own selfish purposes.
    Likewise. How does this not apply to all other forms?
    Once you've matured to the point that you can recognize socialism for the religion that it is, you can begin maybe to divorce yourself from the Ruby Slippers and Kool-Aid aspects of it. Most do not, however.
    I don't understand the "Ruby Slippers and Kool-Aid" aspects you are talking about. You somehow manage to compare Wizard of Oz with Socialism?
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #57
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Haha. Please explain to me how Capitalism and Adam Smith's Invisible hand cannot be described as "some mysterious economic force"?
    The "Invisible Hand" is a fairytale that Libertarians tell to describe all the complexities (which are actually quite simple) of the system that they either don't can't explain fully or just don't want to explain.


    Please show me how this is only an attribute of Socialism and not Capitalism or any other form of Economy/Gov't.
    Capitalism does not involve manipulation by force, does not involve government intervention, and includes no propagandized notions of "enemies of the state" or "enemies of the people."


    I don't understand the "Ruby Slippers and Kool-Aid" aspects you are talking about. You somehow manage to compare Wizard of Oz with Socialism?
    It is a fantasy, just like a positive form of socialism outside of a voluntary commune.
    Let's figure it out.

  8. #58
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,241
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revolution?

    I admit I am no expert on socialist countries but I can't think of a socialist country in modern times that has not relied on trade with a capitalist country to sustain a good portion of their economy. We have been the worlds cash cow for decades.


    If our country was as it was intended with the most power being given to our local government followed by state and finaly federal government. It would be in the power of the people to turn their county/state into a socialist type government. I am not comfortable having the entire country lean toward socialism but if the people of a state wanted it I would be all for it. Let the people have what they want without imposing it on the entire country. That is some of the freedoms our founding fathers had in mind but what our progressive federal government has worked to hard to distroy.

  9. #59
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    You will have to explain to me what fantasy version of socialism you subscribe to. If it's some dreamy existence where everyone agrees to to a utilitarian utopia of pure equality, then what's the point debating? We might as well debate about if superman could beat up batman.

    I'm speaking of the real kind of socialism we see in the real world. Where people are forced to submit to a "greater good"



    what do various forms of taxation have to do with your point or even a discussion of capitalism for that matter?
    I live in a Utopian Socialistic community. I guess that would be the socialism I subscribe too. We all do live to the greater good.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  10. #60
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    I live in a Utopian Socialistic community. I guess that would be the socialism I subscribe too. We all do live to the greater good.
    Can a capitalist community exist within a socialist state?
    Let's figure it out.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •