View Poll Results: Will we have revolution? in your life time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we will have revolution and yes it will be in my lifetime

    5 20.83%
  • Yes we will someday have revolution but not any time soon.

    8 33.33%
  • No it will not happen.

    11 45.83%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Revolution?

  1. #41
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    I think we should have a revolution. Every level of government, at least where I am from, should be destroyed.
    Let's figure it out.

  2. #42
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Americans are to complacent. They talk big but when push comes to shove they let the revolution pass them by. The 70's may have been our last best chance of revolution. It died on the vine.

    I really do think that Americans are afraid of the idea. They have revolution confused with terrorism and can't get the concepts straight.
    No, we mean a revolution that INCREASES freedom and prosperity.
    Let's figure it out.

  3. #43
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    I think we should have a revolution. Every level of government, at least where I am from, should be destroyed.
    Yeah, screw subsidized Children's Education.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  4. #44
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    According to Jefferson, you need not call yourself such after a certain threshold has been crossed, because you are then merely exerting your rights against what is no longer a legitimate government.

    Indeed, at such a pass, it isn't a "government" at all, but a criminal enterprise at best.
    That is exactly how I feel.
    Let's figure it out.

  5. #45
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    No, we mean a revolution that INCREASES freedom and prosperity.
    I bet you like anarchism
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  6. #46
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Ye know I find it weird, Scarecrow, that you can consider Socialism, as the tool of these men (Stalin, Che, Mao), the demon that needs to be banished. However, I am assure you are highly protective of Gun-Rights. Why do you not apply the logic that guns do not kill people, people kill people to Socialism?

    I must remind you all. Socialism did not make these names (Stalin, Che, Mao), these names branded their own Socialism.
    This is an intelligent post. I like it. That is why I keep saying that there are bastardizations of socialism. These forms are not socialism in fact. They are concoctions thrown up by violent revolution. They make a tyrant leader.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  7. #47
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    It's not going to last long, as the armed forces could wipe out any "massive" rebellion in mere hours.
    We have a voluntary military. They are not firing at American soil or citizens.
    Let's figure it out.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Well we will start off by saying that i am not your son or anyone else's. I am after all a female and so I don't use Viagra either. Since i am a lesbian I am not interested in anyone that uses Viagra either. Will that out of the way we can continue.
    Ask me if I care, babe. All socialists are misguided little children, so it's natural to talk down to them. They don't understand the harder concepts of life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Well your point about responsibility is a capitalist myth about socialism. There are no hand outs in socialism.
    No. Go ahead and explain Socialist Security without stating that the people who need it the most were the most irresponsible with their money, and also point out that the people getting it are getting way more than their lifetime "contribution" to the scam.

    So, that's "free ride" and "lack of personal responsibility" on two counts right off the bat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    There would be a retirement and a disability and a stipend while someone is changing jobs as a business closed.
    And why would a business close when all businesses are owned by everyone?

    There couldn't be competition causing the closure, so ya can't blame capitalism. Why would a business close in Utopia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    There is nothing else. If you don't work because you don't want to then you don't eat. So much for the handouts and lack of responsibility.
    So, what you'r saying is that you never studied how real socialism is applied in the socialist paradises you refuse to move to. With no prospect of self-improvement or advancement or other profit from their labors, the workers in socialist paradises don't bother to do more than the absolute minimum they can get away with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    These that you listed were not socialist countries. Just because someone calls themselves something doesn't make it so. I.E. If you called yourself a horse it would not make you a horse. The same goes for a socialist.
    Ah, yes, the #1 Bogus Argument Talking Point taught to True Believers everywhere - the countries that failed weren't really socialist countries.

    No one buys that in the real world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    You object to socialist programs. I do too.
    You can't.

    Socialism is all about stealing and re-distribution, and those socialist programs do just that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    They are the capitalist adjustment for the disparity in income between top and bottom.
    You may have noticed, I know you did because you used the term, too, that I called them SOCIALIST programs, not capitalist programs. I don't use words by mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    They are needed as the rich owner class and investor class rob from the worker.
    The people robbing the worker are the socialists demanding ever higher taxes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    They are an unfair tax. I see your problem with those. You are actually using the same debate my grandmother who would be 118 right now would have used.
    So you grandmother was right, too. What's your problem, you didn't like the old lady?

  9. #49
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Yeah, screw subsidized Children's Education.
    Hear Hear!!
    Let's figure it out.

  10. #50
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    I bet you like anarchism
    Being against this government, or even against some concepts of government, does not show opposition to any government. Maybe I should ask you why you like government so much?
    Let's figure it out.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •