View Poll Results: Will we have revolution? in your life time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we will have revolution and yes it will be in my lifetime

    5 20.83%
  • Yes we will someday have revolution but not any time soon.

    8 33.33%
  • No it will not happen.

    11 45.83%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: Revolution?

  1. #31
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The French Revolution did not create socialism, it overthrew a monarchy and moved the nation from feudalism to democracy. WWII shifted the country from democracy to socialism, though it is still not quite a true socialistic government.
    Ah someone that has read history.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Why do you equate socialism with hating the country?
    Because I'm honest and don't refuse to speak the truth merely because imbeciles don't want to hear it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    I don't hate it. I think it could be made better.
    Socialism isn't "better", son. This country was founded on principles of individual liberty, self-reliance, self-respect, and responsiblity for one's actions.

    Socialism is all about stealing from the productive so the non-productive don't have to face the consequences of their lack of personal responsibility, their lack of self-respect, and their lack of self-reliance, and that, and funnelling political power to the elites promoting socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    I am after all a socialist and am part of a socialist community here.
    I feel sorry for you.

    Have you tried Viagra?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Socialism is an evolutionary growth from the death of capitalism. It is a natural occurrence and is where this country needs to go.
    No, this country doesn't need to die. It doesn't need to force my children into bondage. It needs to overthrow the socialism strangling it and, if necessary, shooting all the socialists that can be found.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    How can you judge Socialism so harshly when in fact there hasn't been a socialistic nation on the planet in modern times.
    Just look at all the failures, then. Cuba is such a wonderful place, why aren't you socialists learning spanish and emigrating? Russia was just a wonderful socialist paradise, yet you people stayed in the good old capitalist US of A and tried to make this country that you hate so much just like them. Why didn't you move to where you were wanted, instead? You've wrecked the economy. Happy about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    What makes you think that socialism does not promote personal responsibility more than social programs in a capitalist society. It fact in a socialist society you need to have a job.
    Government funded social programs don't exist in a free capitalist society, and aren't supposed to. The creation of unlimited socialist programs in the United States is the direct cause of all current deficits and economic problems.

    How're you socialists going to fund Medicare and Socialist Security, which are both going belly up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Socialism is no more a force compliance than capitalism.
    Then you don't understand your religion.

    There are a zillion socialist programs in effect in this country right now. Can I not pay taxes for them and not be punished?

    No, if I don't pay the taxes, rude men with guns will eventually come knocking my door down and hauling me off to jail, if they don't shoot my children first. (Randy Weaver)

    So what the hell are you babbling about the "voluntary" nature of socialism when no such thing exists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    You like this system because it is the one you learned and have lived with since your youth. That's cool.
    I like the system that used to exist before the worst president ever, Wilson, began wrecking it with socialist changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    You may want to read up on what socialism really is before you outright knock it or kick it in a ditch.
    I know what socialism is. It's the tapeworm of the human soul.

    You thought socialism was voluntary. I proved you wrong. Time for you to go back to school, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    You have stated the capitalist party line in condemnation of socialism.
    I stated facts.

    If a group of people state facts, it doesn't alter the fact that they're facts, not propagandistic lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    The problem is that you need to have a better picture of socialism then what you have and what most Americans have.

    I have an excellent picture of socialism:


    30,000,000 civillians murdered, Germany WWII.
    50,000,000 civillians murdered, USSR
    20,000,000 civillians murdered, China
    3,000,000 civillians murdered, Cambodia

    I'd have to search out how many people were murdered by Castro and Che Gueverra, and the other wonderful socialists of South America, but right off the top of my head, socialism is responsible for a minimum of 103,000,000 dead people in less than fifty years.

    We don't need more socialism and we need to teach the truth about socialism. Socialism is for little whiny children who are willing to believe a mama exists for them somewhere who will love them, feed them, and keep them warm and cuddled.

    Freedom is for men.

  3. #33
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Very good post. However, reform be what it may, Capitalists are searching out ever cheaper labor and operating costs, and in doing so are knocking down borders and national barriers. We live in a global economy now. How much longer before the haves and the have nots exist, absent a Middle Class which is under constant attack.
    Marxism is the prayer of the impoverished. We see African nation-states playing the North-South Relations role and bashing the North because of it's superior weaponry, technology, and vast access to rape whatever country it wants to, however the oppressed, whenever they rise up and rebel, are always repressed.

    If an American Revolution were to occur, and for some unforeseen events led to the toppling of the current regime the rebuilding process would not turn into a Marxist Communism, as to rebuild one would require the most productive style of Economy-- Capitalism.

    A Professor once told me a story of this bakery in West Berlin during Soviet Control, slightly before the Berlin Wall was built. How the bakery would not have to pay to stay in business, as they were expected to receive not money in return. However, the bakers' family, my professor witnessed, got better and better and better clothes, and even a car. The baker and his family stood out dramatically, so my Professor did a little recon. He told us that he followed the Baker's wife one day and found out that she crossed the divide, and she sold their bread for profit in East Berlin.

    The power of Capitalism draws humans, as it is our nature to provide for our people and for our family.



    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Iraq has definitely been no picnic. Also, U.S. citizens are well armed, some have weapons nearly as good or better as those used by U.S. soldiers. So I seriously doubt a quick snuffing of a revolution would be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Similar to the inept way we have handled Iraq. If it goes like that we can expect to have our asses handed to us in short order.
    It would be completely different. There would be no need to "go over there". There are bases everywhere within the United States. The Government operated Press would run stories of the "Terrorist" militants from the rogue-states whom want nothing but to kill people; they will all look like Timothy McVagh (sp?). There will be no mercy, and there will be no delay. A violent, large-scale, Revolution in the United States would require the rogue states to be completely decimated, making Sherman's March look like a picnic, or to accept Chinese or Russian help.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Ah someone that has read history.
    If they'd read history, they'd have paid closer attention to what the Reign of Terror was about.

    The convention was taken over and implemented "reforms" based on a voting franchise limited to the poor, and a fixed, low, bread price. Also, is fine socialist fashion, they implemented a purge of all enemies of the state, ie, anyone that didn't like this program. This purge led to the murder of, among others, Antoine LaVoissieur, the foremost chemist of his age who is widely recognized as having put chemistry on a scientific foundation.

    The changes imposed were general conscription, confiscation of wheat from farmers, price fixing, wage freezes, and all the other economic terrorism one comes to expect from the people ignorant enough to promote socialism.

    Yeah, that's not hard to figure out. Only a socialist would pretend to not see the socialist underpinnings of the Reign of Terror.

    Another indication that it was indeed a socialist revolution is the fact that the socialists paved the way for a dictator. That's fairly typical of nations fatally infected with the socialist germ.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 05-28-09 at 08:13 PM.

  5. #35
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I have an excellent picture of socialism:


    30,000,000 civillians murdered, Germany WWII.
    50,000,000 civillians murdered, USSR
    20,000,000 civillians murdered, China
    3,000,000 civillians murdered, Cambodia

    I'd have to search out how many people were murdered by Castro and Che Gueverra, and the other wonderful socialists of South America, but right off the top of my head, socialism is responsible for a minimum of 103,000,000 dead people in less than fifty years.

    We don't need more socialism and we need to teach the truth about socialism. Socialism is for little whiny children who are willing to believe a mama exists for them somewhere who will love them, feed them, and keep them warm and cuddled.

    Freedom is for men.
    Stalin killed because he was paranoid and powerful. Mao and Pol Pot killed because they thought the spread of Communism was more important than the lives of the people who he thought stood in thier way. Hitler killed and commited genocide to further the aims his third reich. With Russia, China, and Cambodia we're talking about full blown government ownership of the means of production, and then Hitler, a facist homicidal maniac with delusions of world domination. If you think Hitler's National Socialism has anything to do with socialism like Sweden has you couldn't be more wrong.

    No offense Scarecrow, but this is the most misleading pedestrian oversimplification of a post I've seen in my time here at DB.
    Last edited by Goldwaters; 05-28-09 at 08:15 PM.
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Stalin killed because he was paranoid and powerful.
    He was able to kill because socialist nations imbue power into a Glorious Leader, or, in the case of the United States, a Messiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Mao killed because he thought the spread of Communism was more important than the lives of the people who he thought stood in his way.
    He was able to kill in the name of socialism because socialism granted him the power to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Hitler killed and commited genocide to further the aims his third reich.
    You are aware that the word "Nazi" was short for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei , or National Socialist German Workers Party, right?

    See there? That magic word? "Socialist".

    How was he able to kill? The nature of socialism is to establish elite chains of command with a single Glorious Leader, or Messiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    We're talking about two full blown government ownerships of the means of production, and a facist homicidal maniac with delusions of world domination.
    Yes, we're talking about the failures of socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    If you think Hitler's National Socialism has anything to do with socialism like Sweden has you couldn't be more wrong.
    Since I didn't say "sveeeeden", you couldn't be more wrong.

    BTW, socialism is dying in "sveeeeden".

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    No offense Scarecrow, but this is the most misleading pedestrian oversimplification of a post I've seen in my time here at DB.
    Then stop writing them.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Revolution?

    To get back on the thread, no one in their right mind is going to start a revolution in the United States in today's world.

    We're not protected by wide oceans any more.

    We're severely weakened by a vast fifth column core of invading Mexicans, and no one could say what would happen with those people and Mexico if civil war broke out.

    What would China, holder of our debt, do, if the US became unstable and severely threatened the guarantees that the debt would be repaid? Other nations have historically used military action and invasion in that event.

    Nope, I can't see a revolution as anything except the death throes of a nation dying of socialist cancer of the brain and spine.

  8. #38
    activist professor Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tipping Velvet
    Last Seen
    07-01-09 @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,017

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Because I'm honest and don't refuse to speak the truth merely because imbeciles don't want to hear it.

    Socialism isn't "better", son. This country was founded on principles of individual liberty, self-reliance, self-respect, and responsiblity for one's actions.

    Socialism is all about stealing from the productive so the non-productive don't have to face the consequences of their lack of personal responsibility, their lack of self-respect, and their lack of self-reliance, and that, and funnelling political power to the elites promoting socialism.



    I feel sorry for you.

    Have you tried Viagra?



    No, this country doesn't need to die. It doesn't need to force my children into bondage. It needs to overthrow the socialism strangling it and, if necessary, shooting all the socialists that can be found.



    Just look at all the failures, then. Cuba is such a wonderful place, why aren't you socialists learning spanish and emigrating? Russia was just a wonderful socialist paradise, yet you people stayed in the good old capitalist US of A and tried to make this country that you hate so much just like them. Why didn't you move to where you were wanted, instead? You've wrecked the economy. Happy about that?



    Government funded social programs don't exist in a free capitalist society, and aren't supposed to. The creation of unlimited socialist programs in the United States is the direct cause of all current deficits and economic problems.

    How're you socialists going to fund Medicare and Socialist Security, which are both going belly up?



    Then you don't understand your religion.

    There are a zillion socialist programs in effect in this country right now. Can I not pay taxes for them and not be punished?

    No, if I don't pay the taxes, rude men with guns will eventually come knocking my door down and hauling me off to jail, if they don't shoot my children first. (Randy Weaver)

    So what the hell are you babbling about the "voluntary" nature of socialism when no such thing exists?



    I like the system that used to exist before the worst president ever, Wilson, began wrecking it with socialist changes.



    I know what socialism is. It's the tapeworm of the human soul.

    You thought socialism was voluntary. I proved you wrong. Time for you to go back to school, not me.



    I stated facts.

    If a group of people state facts, it doesn't alter the fact that they're facts, not propagandistic lies.




    I have an excellent picture of socialism:


    30,000,000 civillians murdered, Germany WWII.
    50,000,000 civillians murdered, USSR
    20,000,000 civillians murdered, China
    3,000,000 civillians murdered, Cambodia

    I'd have to search out how many people were murdered by Castro and Che Gueverra, and the other wonderful socialists of South America, but right off the top of my head, socialism is responsible for a minimum of 103,000,000 dead people in less than fifty years.

    We don't need more socialism and we need to teach the truth about socialism. Socialism is for little whiny children who are willing to believe a mama exists for them somewhere who will love them, feed them, and keep them warm and cuddled.

    Freedom is for men.
    Well we will start off by saying that i am not your son or anyone else's. I am after all a female and so I don't use Viagra either. Since i am a lesbian I am not interested in anyone that uses Viagra either. Will that out of the way we can continue.

    Well your point about responsibility is a capitalist myth about socialism. There are no hand outs in socialism. There would be a retirement and a disability and a stipend while someone is changing jobs as a business closed. There is nothing else. If you don't work because you don't want to then you don't eat. So much for the handouts and lack of responsibility.

    Wow i was going to answer this diatribe of yours piece by piece but i am afraid it is a rant and is really hard to make sense of.

    30,000,000 civillians murdered, Germany WWII.
    50,000,000 civillians murdered, USSR
    20,000,000 civillians murdered, China
    3,000,000 civillians murdered, Cambodia
    These that you listed were not socialist countries. Just because someone calls themselves something doesn't make it so. I.E. If you called yourself a horse it would not make you a horse. The same goes for a socialist.


    There are a zillion socialist programs in effect in this country right now. Can I not pay taxes for them and not be punished?
    You object to socialist programs. I do too. They are the capitalist adjustment for the disparity in income between top and bottom. They are needed as the rich owner class and investor class rob from the worker.

    They are an unfair tax. I see your problem with those. You are actually using the same debate my grandmother who would be 118 right now would have used.
    Democracy is the road to socialism. Karl Marx
    Life member NY city Fisting Club!
    I am Zoochie Purple Quivering Ghost Bear a Tiki Bar Tarte, you want some of my Panties.

  9. #39
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Revolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If they'd read history, they'd have paid closer attention to what the Reign of Terror was about.

    The convention was taken over and implemented "reforms" based on a voting franchise limited to the poor, and a fixed, low, bread price. Also, is fine socialist fashion, they implemented a purge of all enemies of the state, ie, anyone that didn't like this program. This purge led to the murder of, among others, Antoine LaVoissieur, the foremost chemist of his age who is widely recognized as having put chemistry on a scientific foundation.

    The changes imposed were general conscription, confiscation of wheat from farmers, price fixing, wage freezes, and all the other economic terrorism one comes to expect from the people ignorant enough to promote socialism.

    Yeah, that's not hard to figure out. Only a socialist would pretend to not see the socialist underpinnings of the Reign of Terror.

    Another indication that it was indeed a socialist revolution is the fact that the socialists paved the way for a dictator. That's fairly typical of nations fatally infected with the socialist germ.
    You are right about LaVoissieur, but incorrect about the rest. It was not socialism that you describe, but the take over of a revolution by the corrupt. The leadership of the revolution had all good intentions at first. Yet as human nature proves, absolute power corrupts absolutely, hence the reign of terror.

    I am not even sure socialism can really exist, but you are confusing socialism with the false governments that have hidden their tyranny under the socialist banner. Perhaps that is the result of human nature and capitalism is necessary in order to insulate ourselves from the basic greed and corrupt nature within.

  10. #40
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    09-26-12 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Revolution?

    Ye know I find it weird, Scarecrow, that you can consider Socialism, as the tool of these men (Stalin, Che, Mao), the demon that needs to be banished. However, I am assure you are highly protective of Gun-Rights. Why do you not apply the logic that guns do not kill people, people kill people to Socialism?

    I must remind you all. Socialism did not make these names (Stalin, Che, Mao), these names branded their own Socialism.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •